It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Serious Warnings* Alert * Earthquake* Postings* Please Read*

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Young minded old soul

There are earthquakes everyday...and not just tremors. There are commonly magnitue 6 or more quite frequently. I know, I get the alerts delivered daily. I believe there was a 7 either today or yesterday....I've seen a few of those the past year. People who comment about the number of earthquakes should at least be somewhat familiar with how many there are every day, and what magnitudes are commonplace.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Looks like this person is predicting it for the 12th-13th

earthquakepredictionbytiempe.blogspot.com...

I also found this report from the Mid-America Earthquake (MAE) Center at the University of Illinois to be very interesting concerning a New Madrid EQ:

The results indicate that the State of Tennessee incurs the highest level of damage and social impacts. Over 250,000 buildings are moderately or more severely damaged, over 260,000 people are displaced and well over 60,000 casualties (injuries and fatalities) are expected. Total direct economic losses surpass $56 billion. The State of Missouri also incurs substantial damage and loss, though estimates are less than those in Tennessee. Well over 80,000 buildings are damaged leaving more than 120,000 people displaced and causing over 15,000 casualties. Total direct economic losses in Missouri reach nearly $40 billion. Kentucky and Illinois also incur significant losses with total direct economic losses reaching approximately $45 and $35 billion, respectively. The State of Arkansas incurs nearly $19 billion in direct economic loss while the State of Mississippi incurs $9.5 billion in direct economic losses. States such as Indiana and Alabama experience limited damage and loss from NMSZ events with approximately $1.5 and $1.0 billion, respectively. Noting that experience confirms that the indirect economic loss due to business interpretation and loss of market share, amongst other features, is at least as high if not much higher than the direct economic losses, the total economic impact of a series of NMSZ earthquakes is likely to constitute by far the highest economic loss due to a natural disaster in the USA.

Here is the source for the full report for those interested.

-Kdial1

[edit on 10-12-2008 by kdial1]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Your post about Yellowstone's activity made me think about this thread on ATS quoted below.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

"My father is a vulcanologist with a leading university here in the UK. He does a lot of contract work for various government bodies etc around the world and this week he was called up to fly to the US for a 'special project' investigating heightened activity in the California area by the USGS.

My father is with the university of Bristol where he lectures on geology and in involved in research into pre-detection of geological activity (his role on the team specifically centres around volcanoes). The project has been live for like over ten years now and is the oldest in the world I believe). They are closely affiliated with a USGS team out of Yellowstone.

He was called up by the USGS to fly to Sacramento as soon as possible - not sure which department (or if they have departments - i have no idea how it is structured). He takes these jobs as they pay incredibly well.. like several thousand dollars for a weeks work plus all of his travel expenses - so with christmas around the corner no surprise he took the work (what I am saying is it isn't necessarily a juicy project for him to have taken it)."

[edit on 10-12-2008 by seeker11]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The Global Consciousness project 'DOT' is now bright read (Google the 'Princetone Eggs') is now bright red. The time is 1:38pm Sydney time.

gcpdot.com...

Significance:

Significantly large network variance. Suggests broadly shared coherence of thought and emotion. The index is less than 5%.

This tracks the global collective consciousness, much like the Web-bot project.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

The only traumatic events I have seen over the last few months is all the gloom and doom predictions from 'whistle blowers' that never happened. I see the stress in the posts... I see hundreds of threads on the end of the world form anything from Nibiru to bird flu...

there has been no traumatic events over the last few months ?- ok, well lets just start with some facts first:

19 American banks have gone under so far in 2008
www.indiadaily.com/editorial/20264.asp

The bailout so far (for the rich) has been 8.5 trillion dollars
therealnews.com/id/2860/November%2026,%202008/Bailout+costs+$8.5+trillion

533000 jobs were lost alone in Nov. 08 besides the 1.9 million lost thru the year so far.
www.nytimes.com/2008/12/06/business/economy/06jobs.html?hp

25% of all homes sold during 2008 will have been foreclosures
seekingalpha.com/article/97333-realtytrac-25-of-2008-home-sales-will-be-foreclosures-housing-tracker

Prices of homes have dropped dramatically which has now left people with a negative value home - to their mortgage.

Now, I am not sure what castle you live in - but I can tell you - all of us "regular" folks throughout the world are pretty much hurting.

Besides that, please tell those people who have lost their jobs and homes, that nothing traumatic has been happening the last few months.

Let's not forget the soldiers that are in Iraq -

OH, tell the Icelanders - that it was not a traumatic event for them to wake up one morning on Oct.7th and find out their country was bankrupt.

No, there has been no tramatic events in the U.S. or world in the last few months!

I actually could take about 3 pages of a post about this subject - but I will not since it does not belong in this thread.

Since I have been alive - I personally feel that this year is and has been a pivitol point - of which I don't see us coming out of in my lifetime. - Oh in case you are wondering - no I am not "real" old.

Now, none of us know what the future holds or where this "global meltdown" is taking us.

But, do I want to know a glimpse of what it may be like? - yes - I like to prepare.

So I have been following the webbot's predictions.

Now, to also confront some of the "charges" - (what is funny - is I have already explained my position over and over in the threads, yet I have to do it over and over again) - I have a feeling people are not reading my previous post - if they are saying things that I have already gone over.

Oh, by the way - any apology - anybody is going to receive from here on out, is already in a previous post in this thread. That is the only apologies I am doing - so they are already done.

With that issue of "apologies" taken care of - let me say another thing.

What is wonderful - is that I have gotten many u2u's from people thanking me for bringing these threads, as they have now began realizing it is good to be prepared for any disaster or economic event that may come their and our way.

I believe the overall outcome of these threads will be a more awareness to nature around us. People having stored food, water, batteries, and survival type gear. I hope people have looked at those "alternative' ways of cooking and storing food.

I am very happy that the 10th (one day down) has gone by and everyone around the world is still safe!

I will look forward to the 16th to come and I will be very excited and thrilled to put up a thread - Webbot predicted wrong - or something of that affect.

When I do that thread - I will also put in an analysis of why I felt the need to follow webbot's wrong predictions by trying to see into the future and how it as affected my life and how I have learned from it.

It will not just be a thread of - Webbot was wrong - but it will be a thread looking deeper into reasons I and others may try to look at something outside ourselves for guidence and knowing future happenings.

So I do not say it lightly nor with shame or anything else - I will be THRILLED to do a thread on the 16th if nothing happens.

If people don't understand my sincerity when I say that - then they have not read all the posts etc from everyone.

I will say too - I have gotten u2u's from some "real" researchers who are interested in the whole concept of looking further into animal behavior and so on.

So I am not ashamed or anything else for doing these threads - I believe the overall outcome is positive - due to the fact - people have learned things, including myself. Also - the other thread of asking people for odd animal behavior may be a stepping stone for the future.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by questioningall]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

so you made 3 useless threads and are now adding a 4th one to it. your logic is either much higher then mine or extremely flawed. i think its the latter.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall I have a feeling people are not reading my previous post - if they are saying things that I have already gone over.

Maybe your posts are too long?

It will not just be a thread of - Webbot was wrong - but it will be a thread looking deeper into reasons I and others may try to look at something outside ourselves for guidence and knowing future happenings.

If webbot is wrong, then worrying about WHY it was wrong and looking for a NEW source of 'future predictions' is just plain stupid...

Why not try just getting on with life and use all that energy to make it the best life you can>

The end will come soon enough... why look to rush it along?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I've been following the web bot stuff lately (I subscribe to the reports, and they're interesting to say the least). My original interpretation, based on the "predictive linguistics" provided in the reports, was that the most likely candidate location for the United States would be Los Angeles. (I know, how original LOL)

The New Madrid stuff as of late has been interesting, but check out this graph showing the historical seismic activity for the past year:

source: www.scsn.org...

I think this might be worth looking into!

[edit on 10-12-2008 by citnaj]

[edit on 10-12-2008 by citnaj]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

Comrad "Mercenary2007" wow, you have a long list to reply to.

Soon I'll put a whole bunch of videos on YouTube, and I'll have incredible stuff on earthquakes there for everyone all over the world to study.

I don't live in Wichita, but I am in the Central USA right now. I have studied the New Madrid fault some, and wasn't too impressed by the area, lots of snakes everywhere you go, and I don't like snakes crawling around.

I was in New Madrid several years ago and was watching a mere 1.5 magnitude earthquake four days before it struck. The seismic system started detecting it about 20 miles from its epicenter. While I was there, I made another GREAT discovery, and that discovery was that it gives off radiation that can be seen if you are using the right equipment; fortunately I had that equipment with me on that trip. Unfortunately for me I was hoping to study a much larger earthquake, but that one gave me that great discovery, so I just stuck with it.

The New Madrid fault is where some great earthquakes struck in the NEAR PAST and San Andreas fault is where a shearing effect is taking place in California. Basically everything to the West of the San Andreas fault is moving Northward around the Pacific Plate which is much denser/heavier.

As to the earthquakes that have taken place in the other states that you mention, those earthquakes are simply releasing pressure there in those states. The problem is that all of you out there think that those are the only earthquakes in those states, and in fact they are not the only earthquakes taking place in those states. They are in fact called Common Earthquakes, but if you look up "slow earthquakes" or "silent earthquakes" which most of you don't realize exist, then you will realize that you are missing out on earthquakes that aren't reported because others don't have the equipment to detect them. They know they exist, but they can't prove it. On the other hand, my equipment proves they exist and that they show the Earths surface movement.

In other words there are two types of earthquakes, common earthquakes and silent earthquakes. Both of these slowly are moving the surface of the Earth here in the USA to the West, and then along the West Coast it is moving northward and it can all be tracked as in a chain reaction. An earthquake strikes, or an earthquake cell releases its pressure and boom pressure becomes detectable to the west somewhere, and it just keeps moving west. Sometimes it moves west and then south, and then north along the Pacific Ocean.

SO.. those earthquakes that have occurred that you pointed out don't really mean anything.

Others won't go out on the limb, simply because they don't have the equipment or the knowledge. I'm not going out on the limb because I know my equipment and I know what its telling me, and its telling me there is nothing out there to worry about in the central USA in the next 3 days that could be a 6.0 or greater in magnitude. It is all pure science, even children can understand it. There is a 100% chance that there will be "NO" 6.0 or greater earthquake in the area between Memphis-Denver, and Dallas-Pierre in the next 3 days. That is the scientific fact, using scientific instruments.

The New Madrid fault isn't that active right now. If you want to see active then go to the USGS site for the USA and then look down at the small map showing Puerto Rico; now that is what I call active, and I'd bet a nice sized earthquake measuring above 5.0 will strike there soon with all that activity, and I'm sure you would make that assumption to, just by looking at the map with all of the earthquakes.

3D models of earthquakes near the New Madrid fault are worthless in predicting earthquakes.

I don't care how much research you have done on earthquakes, and I don't even care if you are a Seismologist, your work is worthless, and I mean it is worthless, unless you have the scientific equipment that can get you scientific answers. I know that you don't have the scientific equipment or the knowledge or you would know that what I write is all the truth, and you would be backing me up. But I don't need people to back me up, all I need is the nice beautiful scientific equipment that I use.

Your a good person Mercenary2007, and in the future you will be shocked at the amount of collectable data that a fault gives off that is under pressure. If you want to start studying earthquake faults, my best suggestion to you is to go out to the biggest dam nearby that is holding back a lot of pressure, and start studying it. A dam, is a man made fault and you can easily study it, and that is kind of where I started.

A large dam is just like a small earthquake. You may have to stay there a month or more, and look for the seismic cycle, a commom rythm coming from the dam itself. It is a fault, just like any other fault that will quake. It has abnormal pressure exerted on one side, that is what all faults have that quake. It will be pulsing faster than normal earthquakes, but it will be pulsing. Furthermore, when you get the right type of equipment to detect radiation you will be able to see the dam from miles away if it is big enough, and I'm talking through hillsides, mountains and through the walls of your house; just like you will be able to see any other fault under abnormal pressure. The bigger the magnitude, the farther away you will be able to see it from, through almost anything, depending on the strength or magnitude of the fault under abnormal pressure.

The problem with people that want to study earthquakes is that they think they need to be in an area where there are many earthquakes, when in fact they should start off small where there are earthquakes that occur rarely, so that when one does strike, you can see the difference it makes, no matter how small the magnitude. If they start off studying earthquakes in an area where there are many earthquakes, then all the pulses are confusing and they can't or won't understand what all the pulsing is all about; one area will look just like another, when in fact you are detecting a completely different earthquake.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Russian Scientist, could you check this Southern California seismic activity graph out and tell us what you think? I already posted it above you but I want to specifically hear what you have to say about it. Thanks!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

I think that just means there are alot of people online.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by citnaj

Comrad "citnaj" that bar graph shows lots of small earthquakes in a particular region. It cannot be used to predict large earthquakes striking.

All of you have to understand, that the pressure that is released from a large earthquake is already there before the earthquake strikes. The pressure from a large earthquake was not there months ago. The pressure from a large earthquake builts up within 2 months or less. It may build up in minutes or hours if a huge earthquake just released its pressure nearby, but in general if no huge earthquake nearby struck, then a large earthquake builds up its pressure over a period of days to weeks in general with a maximum time period of around 2 months total time in building up its pressure.

During this short period of time that the abnormal pressure is in existence, it is detectable. It is detectable when it increases in pressure. The more pressure it has, the greater the distance it is detectable from during that period before it strikes.

So, if you are looking for a huge earthquake, you would be detecting huge amounts of pressure in the ground hundreds of miles away, and lesser amounts of pressure extending hundreds of miles past that; that pressure would be detectably decreasing the further you are away from the epicenter. But you would be detecting it hours/days/weeks before the earthquake. As a matter of fact you can detect the pressure for up to a day and a half afterwards for many earthquakes as the ground slowly settles back into its natural position, instead of being under stress.

You know what it is like to be under stress and all your muscles are tight, and when you are not under pressure your muscles tend to relax. If your muscles were made of an unflexible material when you flexed your muscles they would tear, rip or quake; just like an earthquake does.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
reply to post by questioningall

so you made 3 useless threads and are now adding a 4th one to it. your logic is either much higher then mine or extremely flawed. i think its the latter.

So.. what will you say if she is right? Will you apologise for wrongfully accusing her? calling her a liar, and fraud? Frankly I hope she is not, but being a Chemist, and Researcher in Green Services, USG/US-WY, I feel it definitely deserves some looking into based off of our own experiences within the environment.

Is it definitely an earthquake? Is it Yellowstone getting ready to go all crook on us? Is it Aliens, or Jeebus, or any other beloved childhood hero? I don't know. For all I know, Ralph Turtelli broke wind after eating at a bloody Taco Bell. What I do know is the wildlife here is definitely off, and has been for about 8 months now. We have been looking into the possibilities of the volcano going off, and we have been looking into the possibilities of the already increasing number of earthquakes growing in strength. (per day, not per week)

Modern science is failing us for answers (as I too am a scientist) so we are beginning to question the validity of ancient history, and old native american methods of 'knowing'. Sounds far fetched, believe me, I question tactics designed by professors, and fellow researchers and myself daily for the shear nonsensical and bizaar steps we are taking.
You want the truth mate, I was actually asked to take my white arse back to Africa and speak with a few of the elders there. I made mention of animal behaviour back home just before severe storms, and shakers in passing and some of the lads are taking it seriously.

There is definitely something going on, but I cannot for the life of me tell you exactly what. What I do know is bats have no place or purpose in Cheyenne Wyoming yet there have been reports of them there. Its far too high an elevation, and this time of year is far too cold. Being Nocturnal creatures as well, they do not belong flying about all willy nilly in broad daylight either. This is not one or four, this is some 10-30 at a time flying almost in bird like formation.

Now, grant it, this was a one time even, it was noteworthy enough that it brought zoologists here from as far as the Ukraine. about 30 were found in the bark of cottonwood trees.

If you want something more to chew on, I have my MAS in horticulture, BAS in Entomology, and BAS in Plant pathology. One does not need these degrees to know that when winter comes in the US leaves fall off all dissiduous trees with the exceptions of the Yew, and Holly. There are Elms here, Siberian and American, Cottonwood, Lanceleaf, and Broadleaf, and Quaking Aspen that still have the greenest leaves on them. (post third snow fall and frost) No freezing of cambium, and no withdrawl of starch into root systems. Its as if its a bloody well turn of season on a few of these trees that by rights should be all but dead. As a Master of horticulture, I KNOW this cannot be. I KNOW these crab apples shouldnot have productive moving aphids on them in the midst of december snow, and tempuratures less than 20. This is physiologically impossible, but its happening.

All I am saying is there might very well be some truth to what questioningall is saying. Even if its not earth quakes, there is definitely something very strange going on mate.

I do hope you don't take this as an insult or a shot to your intellect, as it is not meant to be.

cheers mate.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Interesting information to chew on, "RussianScientists". Thanks comrade.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
people should relax.

there's no reason to get this upset about anything. if you hate the thread this much, get out. at worst, its an entertaining escape from reality. at best (er...worst, in the case of a terrible earthquake) it'll be an interesting, very unscientific documentation of the weeks leading up to the event.

to those angry people: why are you this angry? couldnt you use that energy to better yourself in some way? go exercise. go for a jog --- lose some weight.

to those people addicted to the fear: why're you so addicted to the fear? couldn't YOU be spending your time better?

to the relaxed: exactly.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by citnajMy original interpretation, based on the "predictive linguistics" provided in the reports, was that the most likely candidate location for the United States would be Los Angeles. (I know, how original LOL)

So ummm you paid HOW MUCH for that subscription?

Kaching!!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
You want Nibiru? LOL well THIS is what it will be like

Thank you Z, a solid reminder.

That and resources.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I think it's safe to say that, if this earthquake actually occurs, N. Tesla will gladly write up a 5+ paragraph response thread with an apology. If he refuses and plays the avoidance game, he should be banned immediately. Heck, I'll even post 5+ paragraphs of my own in his topic if this earthquake does indeed happen.

However, the odds of the earthquake happening are the same odds of aliens landing on the White House lawn tomorrow or Alex Jones being interviewed by Larry King Live. As much as some cynical users out there want it to happen, it's NOT going to happen.

[edit on 12/10/2008 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanlee
[...]

There is definitely something going on, but I cannot for the life of me tell you exactly what. What I do know is bats have no place or purpose in Cheyenne Wyoming [...] it was noteworthy enough that it brought zoologists here from as far as the Ukraine. about 30 were found in the bark of cottonwood trees.

If you want something more to chew on,[...] There are Elms here, Siberian and American, Cottonwood, Lanceleaf, and Broadleaf, and Quaking Aspen that still have the greenest leaves on them. (post third snow fall and frost) No freezing of cambium, and no withdrawl of starch into root systems. Its as if its a bloody well turn of season on a few of these trees that by rights should be all but dead. As a Master of horticulture, I KNOW this cannot be. I KNOW these crab apples shouldnot have productive moving aphids on them in the midst of december snow, and tempuratures less than 20. This is physiologically impossible, but its happening.

Perhaps you'd consider starting a thread on this in the Fragile Earth forum? I, for one, would love to read more. If you have already done this could you shoot me a link? Thanks in advance.

Regards.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

If he refuses and plays the avoidance game, he should be banned immediately.

Yeah along with half the board who pushed the GFL thread but failed to show face when it didn't happen.

We ban people for different opinions now?

-Ign0RanT

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join