It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mark of the Beast 666 ...where will we see it 1st?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
With regards to a few posts above, I don't think its choper, as " they were not given authority to kill them ( those without Gods mark on their head) but power to torment them for five months" (Rev 9)

"And i saw one of his heads as if it had been mortally wounded, and his deadly wound was healed" (Rev 13). Apparently i think the anti-christ will be assassinated, but "raise up" 3 days later so that he can fool even the elite as messiah ( Matthew 24: 22), and with the power given to him he will perform "signs and wonders" to lead people astray.

With the proclamation of himself as the messiah couple with "signs and wonders", and with God's wrath pouring down on the whole world, the world will see him as their only hope and will be taken in, and after this there's no resistance in taking the mark of the beast... He will use excuses like medical, terrorism, etc or just simply command people to take it.

Regarding Obama, ive watch in you-tube how people from all over the world celebrate when he won, even guys in middle east prefer him. And know that the anti-christ will sign a 7 year peace treaty with Israel, and than break it in" times, time , and half a time".(Daniel 7) 3 and a half years, 42 months. The Arab country will only sign peace treaty with someone whom they trust, and given Obama Muslim background (though he say he's a Christian)and being black, he's easier to get the deal done.

Finally, let us watch this currently Vatican. He should be quite short-reign compare to his preceedors , and the next one will be the false prophet. When we see the new vatican, we know the time is ending.... just my thoughts...

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Lets get one straight the mark of the beast is NOT 666 its in fact 616!!!

Satanists, apocalypse watchers and heavy metal guitarists may have to adjust their demonic numerology after a recently deciphered ancient biblical text revealed that 666 is not the fabled Number of the Beast after all.

A fragment from the oldest surviving copy of the New Testament, dating to the Third century, gives the more mundane 616 as the mark of the Antichrist.

Ellen Aitken, a professor of early Christian history at McGill University, said the discovery appears to spell the end of 666 as the devil’s prime number.

“This is a very nice piece to find,” Dr. Aitken said. “Scholars have argued for a long time over this, and it now seems that 616 was the original number of the beast.”

The tiny fragment of 1,500-year-old papyrus is written in Greek, the original language of the New Testament, and contains a key passage from the Book of Revelation.

See Also

Cashing in on 6-6-06

Wedding couples pick the ‘Devil’s date’

What is the meaning of 666?

Interpreting the Bible’s Symbols and TypesWhere more conventional versions of the Bible give 666 as the “number of the beast,” or the sign of the anti-Christ whose coming is predicted in the book’s apocalyptic verses, the older version uses the Greek letters signifying 616.

“This is very early confirmation of that number, earlier than any other text we’ve found of that passage,” Dr. Aitken said. “It’s probably about 100 years before any other version.”

The fragment was part of a hoard of previously illegible manuscripts discovered in an ancient garbage dump outside the Egyptian city of Oxyrhynchus. Although the papyrus was first excavated in 1895, it was badly discoloured and damaged. Classics scholars at Oxford University were only recently able to read it using new advanced imaging techniques.

Elijah Dann, a professor of philosophy and religion at the University of Toronto, said the new number is unlikely to make a dent in the popularity of 666.

See Also

Daniel B. Wallace, Ph.D., Executive Director, Center for the Study of New Testament Manuscripts, responds to this article

Wedding couples pick the ‘Devil’s date’

Bible Contradictions and Other Difficulties

Books:

The New Testament Documents: Are They Reliable? by F.F. Bruce

The Beast of Revelation

Is the Antichrist Alive Today?

101 Answers to the Most Asked Questions about the End Times

Interpreting the Symbols and Types“Otherwise, a lot of sermons would have to be changed and a lot of movies rewritten,” he said with a laugh. “There’s always someone with an active imagination who can put another interpretation on it.

“It just shows you that when you study something as cryptic and mystic as the Book of Revelation there’s an almost unlimited number of interpretations.”

The book is thought to have been written by the disciple John and according to the King James Bible, the traditional translation of the passage reads: “Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.”

But Dr. Aitken said that translation was drawn from much later versions of the New Testament than the fragment found in Oxyrhynchus. “When we’re talking about the early biblical texts, we’re always talking about copies and they are copies made, at best, 150 to 200 years after [the original] was written,” she said.

“They can have mistakes in the copying, changes for political or theological reasons … it’s like a detective story piecing it all together.”

Dr. Aitken said, however, that scholars now believe the number in question has very little to do the devil. It was actually a complicated numerical riddle in Greek, meant to represent someone’s name, she said.

“It’s a number puzzle — the majority opinion seems to be that it refers to [the Roman emperor] Nero.”

[edit on 22-12-2008 by hightower]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Revelation was actually a thinly disguised political tract, with the names of those being criticized changed to numbers to protect the authors and early Christians from reprisals. “It’s a very political document,” Dr. Aitken said. “It’s a critique of the politics and society of the Roman empire, but it’s written in coded language and riddles.”

Link to source

[edit on 22-12-2008 by hightower]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
With regards to a few posts above, I don't think its choper, as " they were not given authority to kill them ( those without Gods mark on their head) but power to torment them for five months" (Rev 9)

"And i saw one of his heads as if it had been mortally wounded, and his deadly wound was healed" (Rev 13). Apparently i think the anti-christ will be assassinated, but "raise up" 3 days later so that he can fool even the elite as messiah ( Matthew 24: 22), and with the power given to him he will perform "signs and wonders" to lead people astray.

With the proclamation of himself as the messiah couple with "signs and wonders", and with God's wrath pouring down on the whole world, the world will see him as their only hope and will be taken in, and after this there's no resistance in taking the mark of the beast... He will use excuses like medical, terrorism, etc or just simply command people to take it.

Regarding Obama, ive watch in you-tube how people from all over the world celebrate when he won, even guys in middle east prefer him. And know that the anti-christ will sign a 7 year peace treaty with Israel, and than break it in" times, time , and half a time".(Daniel 7) 3 and a half years, 42 months. The Arab country will only sign peace treaty with someone whom they trust, and given Obama Muslim background (though he say he's a Christian)and being black, he's easier to get the deal done.

Finally, let us watch this currently Vatican. He should be quite short-reign compare to his preceedors , and the next one will be the false prophet. When we see the new vatican, we know the time is ending.... just my thoughts...

Hmmm.....the antichrist and the devil could cheat and give the
illusion of resurection by creating a human clone of the antichrist.
Sort of like a twin brother.
The antichrist could really be killed by the head shot.
His spirit is just pushed into the clone body by Satan.
Abraaaacadabra.....Look he's alive! Go ahead and wait 3 days
to put on a good show. Then appear on TV. It's a miracle!
Ummmmm.......well, not really. Close enough to fool most people though.
You know some magicians use at close trick to give the illusion of
teleportation.
First you hire 2 twins....usually sisters.
Then you dress them up the same.
1 is standing on a big box in 1 corner of the room.
Then she falls into the box only to reappear instantly 100 feet away
by jumping out of the other box. Wow! How did she get over there
so quickly?! Hint : it's her sister.

Once you realize it's just a trick, you can see the truth.

[edit on 22-12-2008 by Eurisko2012]

[edit on 22-12-2008 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
to
ro
to
to
to
toro!!!!!!!!!!!!11

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by _R^z_

www.youtube.com... I think maybe you should check this guy out... of course everyone is entitled to have there own opinion of 666, the mark of the beast... but this just seems so much more accurate in what all this talk is about. let me know what you think.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I always had a sneaky suspicion that the catholic church is The Satan and the last pope will be the anti-christ.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DarrylGalasso

I think the stingers from their tails was the best description he could come up with for rocket pods/missiles being fired. He just used the best terms he could think of in his day to describe what he saw. When I first heard this in church when I was around five, my first thought was Apache helicopters. They used to land from time to time at the little municipal airport from time to time when I was younger.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000

The Mark of the Beast 666 ...where will we see it 1st?

Probably just moments before we see the beast!

It was already seen. 666 referred to Nero.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

It will probably be a political movement. Nothing obvious like a micro chip, or some other transmitter. Right now, I personally, am seeing strong, dictator-like movements from the GOP. They are ramming through bills, they want to abolish social programs, including social security and such. Jesus made it pretty clear not to rob the poor. Some of the actions of the GOP are and will rob the poor and no one will be able to live without abiding by their "new world order."

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join