It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO CLOUDS Mt.Rainer Amazing pics.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
See Here

These are fantastics photos of some very unusual Lenticular cloud formations. Where I have seen similar pics before these are from the 6th of December and have a Wow factor!!

Enjoy.

[edit on 6-12-2008 by Sapien]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Fantastic images of "lenticular clouds"! I espesially loved this one, where the clouds are reflected in the water:

And here is a very good site with photos of clouds made by "The Cloud Appreciation Society". You can find images of every kind of cloud there is. Fun to search through the different galleries, and also quite educational:

cloudappreciationsociety.org...

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sapien

Although the UFO image in this collection of photographs has been removed,theres still some great Lenticular,Mammatus and Nacncreous cloud pics:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Nice cloud pics... now why are they in the Alien/UFO forum? Certainly what they are is not in doubt.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sapien

Sapien, thanks for those beautiful pics! I think resinveins is right though, and this should be moved to fragile earth. Man, our world is amazing.

ColoradoJens

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sapien

I saw those clouds yesterday. I'm glad someone took a pic. Traffic was so crazy on the 405 that I wasn't able to do my usual cell phone out the sun roof photography. Good job, OP.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sapien

Very nice clouds... Now, where were the UFO? Behind the clouds?

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Here's what they look like from above...way above

Three very nicely defined atmospheric waves.

[edit on 12/6/2008 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Those are some nice photos. But I can't help but feel that Rainier looks nicer than the clouds really.

Of course, that might just be me but I can't help but feel that Stratovolcanoes look really cool.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sapien

Can I clairfy??? Those pictures were taken "yesterday"? The 5th of December?????

In Washington State??

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by apex
Those are some nice photos. But I can't help but feel that Rainier looks nicer than the clouds really.

Of course, that might just be me but I can't help but feel that Stratovolcanoes look really cool.

But not a very safe neighborhood to be living in.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Not really, no. I'd have thought it would be an even dafter idea to put one of the largest Aircraft factories in the world and the Headquarters of Microsoft in that State, but they did anyway.

Not particularly safe but it's not like that whole area isn't being watched all the time by the USGS. In fact, you can even get the live seismic readings for each volcano ff the Internet as well.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I saw those clouds yesterday while I was taking the bus downtown.
I wanted to take a pic, but I couldn't get anything from my vantage point on the bus using just my cell phone.

The area is not unsafe, the odds of rainer erupting is a gajillion to one.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

Okey Dokey

Mount Rainier was selected as a Decade Volcano because of the hazard it poses to surrounding, highly populated areas, especially the Seattle-Tacoma metropolitan area. Mount Rainier has an extensive cover of snow and ice, which, if melted rapidly , could produce catastrophic floods and mudflows. The volcano has an extensive but poorly studied geological record of activity including lava flows, ash eruptions, avalanches, and mudflows. While it has had no significant historic eruptions, minor ones did occur in the mid 1800s, and dozens of lahars are known to have occurred in the last 5,000 years. Some of these lahar deposits are quite massive and extend into the populated Puget Sound lowlands. Because urban development of Mount Rainier's flanks and nearby valleys is still in early stages compared to many volcanos, we have a chance to mitigate the volcanic hazards through appropriate land use.

www.pnsn.org...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
yeah, I've lived in this area for 30 years. I know that if the big rainer explosion does happen theres a good chance of a huge lahar nailing tacoma. But come on, the odds of it happening in my lifetime are a zillion to one. Dozens of lahars in 5000 years doesn't worry me in the least.

We all know its active. we all talked about it as kids. We all know how incredible it can be(ex. st helens). But come on, you really think anyone here is the least bit worried?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I miss Seattle and Mt. Rainier sooo much makes me want to sing *I’ll be Home for Christmas* - but alas, only in my dreams and I’ll just have to stick with Mt. Etna.
Anyway, mething about volcanoes really brings out that type of cloud.
I see UFO cloud formations very frequently here near Mt. Etna.
It’s a beautiful thing huh.
I'll post some pics when I can get my computer to stop stalling.

Happy Holidays to all in Seattle!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I used to see lenticular clouds all the time when I lived near Mt. Shasta, CA...

Definately awe-inspiring, and adds to the mysticism of the area...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
yeah, I've lived in this area for 30 years. I know that if the big rainer explosion does happen theres a good chance of a huge lahar nailing tacoma. But come on, the odds of it happening in my lifetime are a zillion to one. Dozens of lahars in 5000 years doesn't worry me in the least.

We all know its active. we all talked about it as kids. We all know how incredible it can be(ex. st helens). But come on, you really think anyone here is the least bit worried?

Nope. I doubt it. There are always more immediate problems to worry about. And what are you going to do? Move to Oklahoma? Twisters there.

I think odds you're giving yourself are a little bit on the long side though.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

And here is a very good site with photos of clouds made by "The Cloud Appreciation Society".

What does that have to do with Fragile earth or conspiracy you noob!

I haven't been on ATS in a week or two. I need to get my nose back to the grindstone..

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Again with the NOOB flaming?!

Well, I may be a noob, but I have been flagged more times than you, evil man who can't even read and see that this thread is about clouds!

And with my luck, I am sure I will get an off-topic warning for this...

(Edit to add that my comment was directed at evil man Scramjet.)

[edit on 9/12/08 by ziggystar60]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join