It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About Life from the Other Side

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I am sorry for you and your family about the passing of your mother. My warm thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I am sorry for you.

I would recommend you to read the book "The Journey of Souls" by Michael Newton. It opened the eyes of many people and helped those, who stuck in life. He has led ~7500 interviews over 20 years and all clients are saying the same about death and life. Thats the most valuable thing i can think of giving a person in your situation.

Greetings

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Sorry for your loss, but End of the World or not you need to get straight for your brother..

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Death is a curious thing for our species.

We only live for so long and we are afraid of the end. However death is not the end but a second beginning. Only if we count from the start of time, our soul has possibly gone through life and death more times than I care to count.

Death is a beautiful process of the souls journey between singularity and individual exsistance. When we die we instantly become part of this flow of energy, the feeling is unlike anything we will ever feel in individual exsistance. Time stops, seconds last lifetimes. Once we become apart of the flow of energy our soul is looking for a new vessle to inhabit.

there is a quote that pretty much says this, "Your flesh is a relic of your vessle, hand over your flesh and a new world awaits you.". Pretty much saying that death isnt the end.

Religion is confused in that most modern religions accept that death leads to the final resting place of the soul either heaven or hell, however thats not so, but it is at the same time. You will only ever know of the time that you live in, you wont be able to remeber past lives or anything like that. Thats not how it works the soul is only the essence of what makes you you, its not memories of your lives.

Death should be a celebrated not mourned, it is selfish of us to try and stop the natural process for our own benefit. Im not trying to be rude. Cherish the memories you have but celebrate that everything is happening as it should.

One thing I am confused about is you asked if god was a force she answered yes then you asked if jesus was gods son(?) and she answered yes??????? That , I cant get my head around this, how does a force have a son. Or maybe instead of trying to explain something we wouldnt be able to understand she just answered the question in the simplest way.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by caballero]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I am truly sorry for your loss. I lost my mother, father and remaining grandmother all within 5 years. Three years ago when I was in a fairly distressing situation, I woke up one morning and while all my realities began hitting me again on this new day, I saw what I can describe as opague figures, three of them leaning towards me, reaching out their hands. It was the three family members who had passed. They reached in to pull me up, I guess, and the feeling was as if they said, "come on, you have to get up and get out of this mess." So, that is exactly what I did. Keep up the good work and toss the alcohol out the window.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I refuse to believe that the truth to spirituality is denominational to Christianity or any one particular organized religion currently in existence.

The story was fine for me up until Jesus was brought into it.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTruthAboutLife

Your story is sad and amazing all at one time!

I am VERY sorry about your mother - it seems that your mother's passing completely flipped your life to drinking and then flipped it again (I hope) to a life changing experience!

I also feel better, with what you wrote, as I have thought 2012 was going to be the end of the world.

You have made me feel better - though it cost you considerable pain - that I can not imagine.

Thank you for telling your story, as hard as it might have been.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
It is very difficult to lose a parent, no matter the circumstances of your relationship, although, yours seems to have been exceptionally good.

I began to have my first paranormal experiences immediately after the death of my mother though they have never related to her to my knowledge. Maybe there is something here...maybe not.

Your drinking. It is easy to say stop drinking but much harder to do. As you may know it is self medicating. Anything to ease the pain. People turn to all sorts of things and alcohol is easy.

Can you focus on something? Perhaps your little brother. Others may want to take him away or his father may step back in and try to claim him. Can you focus on his best interest, whether it be you, a grandparent or other relative. You don't want him to lose the only people he is close to.
You need a cause right now and he seems to be a good one. Anything that will motivate you to move out of your pain and help someone else.

Do you have support? Family or friends to stay with you and just listen without judgement during this time? Even better someone who can give you non judgemental feedback.

I am old enough to be your grandmother and I am willing to listen and give feedback if you want to U2U but I think others within your age group would be able to help you through this better than I. (Although I did live through a similar background). This is a different age and we all need to be able to identify with our peers.

All the best to you.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Frith

My friend, I never once said in specific that Jesus is the one and only, if you we're to see that I have also stated that I believe in Siddhartha than obviouslly I am not a bible thumper.

Just so you know.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
I'm sorry, but I refuse to believe that the truth to spirituality is denominational to Christianity or any one particular organized religion currently in existence.

well take the "Jesus" part out and continue to enjoy it

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
This made me cry, im sorry to hear what happened to your mother. You now have closure and know she is with you and watching you in all you do. You are a strong person so please stop the alcohol, you will get through this. Your baby brother needs you. He will need you strength, kindness and support and love.

I believe there are things in this world and phenomena's we cannot comprehend. Many times sometthing most probably an angel has saved me in my life. So we are all here for a purpose.

We are all God's children so Yes Jesus is his son.

Blessings and love to you and your family.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by meadowfairy]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Good luck little bro, you got this. You can do it, and now you know somebody real big has got your back.

Oh and watch out for the passing of the alcoholism genetics from your biological father, I've got mine and it's absolutely devestating to any kind of quality of life and it hurts loved ones and cripples your ablitity to help yourself or anyone else. For your Moms sake and your brother, watch out for that man. PLEASE. You can't become un-addicted and once you're pickled your F-d. Period. You MUST heed this warning. PLEASE.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTruthAboutLife

Hi there!

I feel your story...I really do. Perhaps your story will give me the courage to share my experiences.

In the mean time, TheTruthAboutLife -- check your U2U's! I sent one to you...something a little to personal to post on here....

Take care...remember to keep love in your heart for yourself.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTruthAboutLife
Once again I thank everyone for their feedback, and similar stories are very much appreciated as I need anything possible to relate.

Anyways, keep it coming guys I appreciate all those who understand.

Ay Thetruthaboutlife, I am sorry to hear about your mom, and i understand what you are going through because my mother passed away 3 yrs. ago in Oct. '05 when i was 31 and we were very close, i was mommy's boy!

But i have a story for you that will hopefully give you some hope, and i think it will because it did exactely that for me....

Back in 1991 when i was 16 my grandfather from my fathers side passed away and i was absolutely devistated, because he and i were very, very close, out of his 16 grandchildren i was by far the closest with him.

He was a great man that always put family first, a mans man that was quick with a joke and always had a good answer for any sittuation that life threw at our family, he was a retired Philly police officer, WWII vet, and i really loved the guy!

When he passed when i was 16, it was the first signifigant loss of my life and i was torn up horribly inside and could not sleep hardly at all for the next two weeks afterwards. I was drinking heavily, cursing God and lost all faith in everything i once believed that happened after we die.

At that time (two weeks after his death) one night, i layed my head down and finally fell asleep without even realizing it, and that night something happened that would change my outlook, restore my faith in there being something after death, and give me peace.

I had a dream that night, but not your average or normal feeling dream, no, this one was much more clear, it was as clear as the clearest day.

In this dream i was suddenly playing stick ball in South Philadelphia (where i am from) in an alley behind row houses with my grandpop, but heres the kicker, we are both twelve yrs. old and wearing little jeff caps and knickers (pants) like they did in the 1920's and 30's when my grandpop was a kid, it was the old days in my nieborhood, and it was absolutely real, i could see it, hear it, and smell it!

So, as we are hitting the ball up against the back of the row home (grandpop pitching and me at bat) a woman hollars out at us with a deep authoritive voice: " You boys betta stop hittin dat ball up against my house or your gonna get it"!!
Well being 12 yr. olds and being so happy that we were together again, we hit the ball again, and almost immediately the door swung open and this broad shouldered, heavy set, strong looking, dark haired, blueyed woman comes storming out and said: "I told you boys" and started swingin away with a broom like Babe Ruth and we immediately took off running and laughing.

Next thing you know we were in a pub in the industrial part of my nieborhood with a bunch of workmen, there was a slot machine by the door, so we pulled the handle and jackpot! A bunch of gold coins started pouring out all over the place, so we took off our jeff caps and started to fill them with the gold coins, all the while laughing and cheering with excitement until we heard from behind us "hey you kids can't take that!" And we looked and it was a man in a suit with one of those dixieland musician hats on (you know the ones that are white with a flat top and a red band around the center) so we immediatelly took off running outside through an old lot with the man in pursuit and gaining on us until we through the gold in the air, up and behind us, causing the man to throw his arms up over his head in deffense and the dream then ended.
But this was not the end of the story! Continued next!

[edit on 2-12-2008 by damdevildog]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Story continued:

So the dream ended and i felt a bit better when i woke, but far from perfect, i was still sad, confused and distraut over my grandpops death.

Well about two weeks passed and my father gets a call from my newly widowed grandma asking if he could change out the ceiling fan in her kitchen, and he said yes and asked me to come along to help him.

So we arrive at my granny's house about 12 noon or so and start working, it takes us no time to change out the cieling fan and my father says ok mom we are done! And she comes running in the kitchen and says "o my" you are already finished! Well why don't you let me make you something to eat" (it was obvious that my grandma was just in need of our company so soon after my grandfathers death so ofcourse we stayed, besides my granmotha could cook her but off!) She said: how about some roast beef sandwhiches, i've got some fresh rolls and provalone cheese from the corner store!

As we sat and ate our samiches my grandma started in on how it felt so strange without my grandfather around after all the years they were together, and my father, out of knowhere chimes in and says (my name) why don't you tell grandma that dream you had she would like that, well, caught off gaurd i said grandma, it's a dream i had about grandpop would you like to hear it?
And she replied, sure i would!

So i proceeded to tell her the dream and as i got to the part about that woman with the broom my grandma got a funny smerk on her face and said: "Tell me what that woman looked like again" (you see my grandma always had telepathic ability's it was a known fact to everyone that knew her) so as i continued to describe the woman from the dream my grandma starts over to a cabinet built into the wall of her kitchen that is about five feet deep and four feet wide and tells me to continue as she starts digging away in some boxes near the back, she finally says "here we are" and pulls out a picture, hands it to me and says: "Is this the woman from your dream" And to my complete amazement the exact same woman ia staring back at me from a black and white old picture.

O my God! i say, grandma this is the lady from my dream! And she replies: " That lady is your great grandmother" and the utter shock has me in tears because i never in my life before that time met my great grandmother (she died in the early sixties long before i was born) seen a picture of her, or had never even heard any words spoken of her.

I was in a complete state of shock and silence and had to practically force myself to speak, and i said "grandma it's immpossible", and she looked strait at me and said: "no it's not, your grandfather really loved you, it was just him showing you that everything is going to be alright!

Well young dude that's my story, and i know that what you are going through is hard as hell, but you know, if that incident showed me on thing, it's that there is "DEFFINETELY" life beyond this physical plain, this is a hard road we must travel to get to that special place, so don't loose faith my young friend, and take care of yourself, because if you open your eyes to see all of the good people out there just like your mom you will realize that you and your little brother are not and never will be alone! PEACE
devil

[edit on 2-12-2008 by damdevildog]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Be careful.

Satan and his minions still have power, and can deceive. This would include impersonating your mother. Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light (2 Cor 11:14). Yes, while Saul did indeed talk to the real Samuel through the witch of Endor, it was wrong. While it was really Samuel, dark forces were still what brought him.

That said, God can speak to us through dreams and through images from/in our subconscious, I think. My dad's great grandma died once, and there was a particular creek that he and she both loved. Dad dreamed that he was at a cabin on a creek, and she was there too. To this day he thinks that God was comforting him and showing his grandma's mansion.

Sources:
www.biblegateway.com...:14&version=31
www.biblegateway.com...

[edit on 2-12-2008 by joesomebody]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   

It truly is a sad story. Nearly lost my own mother of 59 years a few months ago to pneumonia. In her own words "I saw the grimm reaper". I have yet to ask her, and probably don't want to know.

I too, mentally logged out when 2012 was brought up. That is a killer. Regardless if the account is real, the OP can write.

I Wish everyone a great night and better realities,

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

well take the "Jesus" part out and continue to enjoy it

But then it hits the 2012 bump

Other than that, I hope things are like that on the other side, having lost a number of people in my life over the years, including a Parent, and not having had anything other than sadness and sorrow to replace them, it would be nice to believe.

hmm..

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Visual Hallucinations Are a Normal Grief Reaction

Loosing a parent sucks, you situation is compounded by having a little brother to take care of. Drinking and sleeping pills will not help, not even in the short term. I am sure there are a ton of people on ATS that can tell you its a bad path. Channel your grief/depression/anger into something productive, you have so much energy coursing through your body right now that you can move mountains. Make a game plan for your self and focus on it. Go out every day for a run in the fresh air. Start a business, even if it is on the side of your night job. It will give you something to focus on and who know what you can turn it into...

Good luck,
Z

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ziltoid_the_Omniscient

Visual Hallucinations Are a Normal Grief Reaction

Loosing a parent sucks, you situation is compounded by having a little brother to take care of. Drinking and sleeping pills will not help, not even in the short term. I am sure there are a ton of people on ATS that can tell you its a bad path. Channel your grief/depression/anger into something productive, you have so much energy coursing through your body right now that you can move mountains. Make a game plan for your self and focus on it. Go out every day for a run in the fresh air. Start a business, even if it is on the side of your night job. It will give you something to focus on and who know what you can turn it into...

Good luck,
Z

Hello, Fellow Slashdotter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join