It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008-2009 NHL Season discussion thread

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

I have been a hardcore flyers fan for 12 years now which is pretty good considering I am 18 years old. Simon Gagne has always been my favorite player, but as of recently i can't help but to jump on the carter band wagon. Screaming, clapping and cheering my lungs out in the nose bleed section last season in montreal as the flyers defeated the canadiens i couldn't helped but be impressed by the team and carter. He scored a goal in that game, and through out the season and playoffs had a key role in the flyers victories. Now flyers fans and carter fans alike can now boast that the young star is the league leader in goals! The thing that really gets to me though is I feel like carter is not getting the praise and credit he deserves!

When your talking NHL all you here about is Crosby. Crosby this Crosby that. Sure he is an amazing player but there's more then just Crosby. When ever i play NHL 09 on XBOX live it seems like every single person is always the Pittsburgh Penguins! I can't take it, i understand he is the face of the NHL but is it too much to ask to see and hear more about other players.

I like that the NHL is not a big commercialized sport. But I don't want the sport to be associated with a young spoiled snotty all star.

Go Flyers!

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Looks like my Sharks are finally doing something...sadly I don't get to watch them
I remember the days of Owen Nolan and Selanne but now they have a great team. Sure come playoff time Detroit will always be a better team but at least we can build a future on what we have now.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I stick to my team..I love the Orange and Black but I thinking we need a top shelf goaltender, Nitty and Biron just dont have it in my opinion...Matt Carle was a great pickup but you can see the difference when Timonen and Carle are in the lineup..We just got beat up two days in a row and should have never lost to Columbus last night.

Briere should be traded..I like him but we could use another blueliner and a top notch goalie, Briere gets hammered when he is on the ice and this year the Flyers have a better record without him.

Crosby..what can I say..Biggest wuss in hockey but also one of the best but his wussyness kills me and just like Gretzky, gets his own way all the time and your not allowed to hit him..just like #99..I love Gretzky but he was a wimp and nobody ever hit him and that makes me mad..Ovechkin goes out and makes plays and hits...Best in hockey?....Malkin

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
STATS AND STANDING AS OF TODAY.............

www.nhl.com...|STN|League

www.nhl.com...|STS|Main

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by nastalgik

Gotta agree with you..Sharks are good, I like to watch em and I want Nabakov in Orange and Black!!!..However you guys should have have two extra losses but the Flyers could not hold those leads....Id love to see a Flyers vs Sharks CUP!!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Pulled out a new avatar for the week. I'm heading to Montreal Thursday morning until Sunday evening and gonna take in two games on my trip. I'll post some pictures here from the two games. Habs/Leafs on Thursday and Habs/Capitals on Saturday.

Now I've just got my fingers crossed hoping that Carey Price gets healthy in time for the game(s).

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

I see we're on again in a couple of days.
I hope we give you a better game this time.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Just had to hop on this thread!!!! Go Caps Alex O rocks!!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by lightinthedark33

Good game tonight...I like the rivalry with the Flyers and Caps....Ovechkin should have been voted to the ALL STAR roster.....

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I'll be watching the Habs/Rangers game on television tonight before I head to the airport to fly to Montreal.

Go Habs!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Im looking forward to seeing the pictures, Should be some good games...The East is a real battle now and it seems like you cannot lose or you drop quickly!!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Looks like I am a Habs fan for that game...lol

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It is in this moment that I look forward to most. I can not wait to have my own footage of when the team hits the ice.

I'm off to crank Coldplay - Fix you as I pack my bags. (That's the song they play in the background as they hit the ice)

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
In case anyone is wondering about my ugly avatar, I lost a bet to chissler on the canadians vs. rangers game tonight.

:bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

Now I have to wear this stupid thing for 24 hrs.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

OUCH!!!!!!...Well tonight I rooted for the Habs and I was cringing all night...We play tomorrow against the Wild so we could take over first but its anybodys shot in the Atlantic to win it with the exception of the Isles.....

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

That is beautiful.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Well...I feel that Mike Richards got ripped off, He should be on the ALL STAR team...He is having a better yer than a couple of the guys who made it over him, I may be a bit biased because he is my favorite player but he is having a great season and he is a great leader.....

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
8 January 2009 UPDATED

www.nhl.com...

www.nhl.com...|STS|League

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
As promised.

Some pictures from tonights game.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I cannot get over the sounds of that crowd there in Montreal!!!..Ive never heard such noise at a hockey game before...Was it strange to see the Leafs without Sundin?....I have to say that the East is tightening up and thank god my Flyers are not in the same division as the Habs and the Bruins, even though right now its the Flyers and Rangers going at it for first with the Devils not too far away in the Atlantic AKA the Patrick division..lol

My compliments on a very attractive woman on your arm Chissler...Im thinking you me and Schrodingers Dog do some betting...I would love to see ORANGE AND BLACK as your avatars for 24 hours...hehehe...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join