It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008-2009 NHL Season discussion thread

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
As if the Stars weren't an embarrassment enough this season, Sean Avery has to do something like this.

I don't like Sean Avery. I hate that they even have him.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

I was at the game when Dallas came to Philly last week and Avery has real sensitive ears, He loves to mix it up with the fans and this dude was real big and Im thinking Avery may have gotten a beat down..This guy has skill to be a decent player I dont know why he has to be such a woodpecker head....Jealous insecure kid!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
SEAN AVERY INTERVIEW

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

Such arrogance..

Yeah, I really don't like him. I'm a Dallas fan so needless to say when I saw they signed him I was pretty disappointed.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Sean Avery should be done for the season.He is very unprofessional..It seems like the Flyers lost Briere again last night, Its funny but they have a better record without him but what do you do with him, Everytime he gets back from injury he goes out on another injury the night he returns to the lineup!!..He is such a skilled player but gets hammered by bigger tough guys alot!!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

How'bout dem Rangers!
You have to watch the highlights, Marc Staal knocked Crosby right on his pooper.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

sweet music to my ears SD..This is why I love hockey..I can have conversations about all the teams..The Staal brothers are very talented..

Let me throw in my eight bucks on Sid The Kid..I hate him...Simply because he cries all the time to the refs about any contact made and doesnt like to get hit.....At all!!!..However he is so damn talented and fun to watch play..Not fun to watch cry..lol..He is awesome and I do enjoy that part of his game...

Last I checked Flyers are moving on buddy!!!!

[edit on 3-12-2008 by cmd18B]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

OK, go to this link: nhl video
On the right side there is a hits category, the third one is Staal on Crosby.
Check it out.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Now that was a nice hit..I love to see him get hammered to the ice...Flyers got some bad news tonight. Danny Briere is out for 5 weeks so maybe they could be making a move?...Not sure yet though..Its funny, they are better when he is not in the lineup..I would like to Marian Gaborick in a Flyers uniform

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

We certainly got better after we shipped the above mentioned Mr. Avery.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Hosers are going down tonight.
Chissler is mine!

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Big matchup tonight..Flyers vs Devils..Always a battle and we need to grab two points tonight so we can get by the Pens.......

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
TONIGHTS MATCHUPS

Rangers at Montreal

Devils at Flyers

Islanders at Capitals

Pittsburgh at Carolina

Boston at Tampa Bay

Buffalo at Florida

Vaouver at Detroit

Colorado at Nashville

Toronto at Phoenix

Cloumbus at San Jose

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
After watching the last Habs game, I know it's not over until that buzzer sounds. But they are playing well again tonight. Rangers are a strong team too, so I'd be really happy to see them pull a big win out of this.

As for this Avery debacle, I hope he never plays another game in the NHL.

I've actually been a fan of his longer than most. Back with the Kings I always thought he was underrated and deserved more respect as an offensive and gritty player. With the Rangers in a more prestigious hockey market, his grit and push was acknowledged a little more. In the playoffs last year, it's not a stretch to say that he was one of their best players. Minus the off-ice shenanigans, he is worth the money he is being paid. But with his attitude on and off the ice, his desire to be the center of attention, and willingness to fuel the fire with distracting drama... send him overseas to play in front of Ray Emery.

He crossed the line with those comments. I didn't overly object to his tactics to screen Brodeur last year. Some of the people that criticized him were the same people empathizing with Bertuzzi after the Moore incident. But combine everything that has gone on, his time is up. The beauty of it is, he knows it. His back peddling since these comments were made show how far he stuck his foot in his mouth and that he finally regrets something he has done.

Even if the NHL only comes down with a 5-10 game suspension, the Stars will add to it and probably send him somewhere he doesn't want to be. They have no AHL affiliate and have much more wiggle room with where he can be shipped.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Well that kind of objectivity and sportsmanship just took the air out of my rivalry balloon.
Bloody Canadians.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Henrik is overrated, Drury is a bum and I despise Gomez more now than I did when he was in New Jersey.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

I believe this is mine.

That was ugly.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Well..The Flyers blew this one tonight..Biron needs to stay the hell in the net and the defense needs to play better. Sure we salvaged a point but it was our game to win and Gagne went down tonight..Unsure what happened yet..

Like Chissler said earlier about Sean Avery and he made a good point, He does have skill and is underrated but his mouth and actions suck and he needs to be taught a lesson..

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I was watching Sportscenter tonight and Barry Melrose was defending Sean Avery and It just seems so funny to see him voice his opinion because Barry Melrose is so biased with everything he says. I think he may be the only one that has agreed with what Avery said..There is no room for unprofessionalism in hockey, Look at the NFL and what some of the players are doing to its image.

I think Averys suspension should have been longer and Barry Melrose should shut up. Its so simple Sean...Give an interview about being in Canada and whatever else thats positive in hockey but instead he acts like a jealous child...

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Standings and stats

www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?type=CON&navid=NAV|STN|Conf

www.nhl.com/ice/statshome.htm?navid=NAV|STS|League

TONIGHTS GAMES:

Vancover vs Minnesota

Calgary vs St. Louis

Colorado vs Dallas

Edmonton vs Los Angeles

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>