It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008-2009 NHL Season discussion thread

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Iam a serious hockey fan, Ive played my whole life and enjoy watching it,Im from the Philadelphia area so Im a die hard Flyers fan but I love to discuss the game, stats, the standings, your favorite players, your most hated ref and all other things associated with the NHL...I cant wait to talk hockey with you!!!
I will be posting stats, standings and news on a daily basis

[edit on 30-11-2008 by cmd18B]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

And we were getting along so well. *sigh*

[edit on 11/30/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Reply button not working..reply to Schrodingers Dog...Good god man...Its like holy water affect, Im melting....I still like you..Thank god you didnt show up with a Sidney Crosby picture, I would have really be upset..:bnghd:

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Current stats and standings:

sports.espn.go.com...

sports.espn.go.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Philly's got a good team this year, but they need a better minder then Biron to get to the Cup.
I'm a Calgarian, so I'm a Flames homer (I expect them to win every game), but when Iggy's games on, and Kipper gets a hot hand, we can roll with the best of them.
What do you think of Montreal stuffing the ballots for the All-Star game?
Flames Rule, Oilers Suck.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Yes Biron is a bit suspect at times and that scares me and im the same way, I expect the Flyers to win every night, Im a weird fan because as much as I like the Flyers I love hockey so I can sit here and say I love Iginla, he plays tough, hes tough, a good leader and a great goal scorer. I dont get to see them much but I know we will be playing Calgary soon.

Montreal is tough, I went there from Philly last year during the playoffs and i have to say that they are friggin maniacs and it was so loud, Ten years in the Army and three tours in Afghanistan and I almost didnt make it out of Canada alive!!!...Tell me more about the ballot stuffing?

Possible trade..Knuble for Shanahan....Im not liking it even though Brendan is a good player he is getting older

[edit on 1-12-2008 by cmd18B]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Copy & paste 'NHL All-Star game, ballot-stuffing, Montreal' into Google.
Because the 1st line is decided by fan votes, Montreal fans have been overwhelming the NHL All-Star website with TONNES of votes, to the point where Montreal players are WAY in the lead in all positions.
Eastern All-Stars Voting Rank -
1st place:Carey Price (G) does not deserve to be there...yet
2nd place:Andrei Markov (D) ok, he should be there
3rd place:Saku Koivu (F) maybe sometime, but not this year
4th place:Mike Komisarek (D) now your just being silly
5th place:Alex Kovalev (F) ah, come on...
6th place:Alex Tanguay (F) a great player yes, but ranked higher than Crosby or Ovechkin?!?
The top 6 voted players are Montreal!
The game is in Montreal and they are celebrating the 100th anniversary of Les Habs, but this is just wrong. I think I'll skip watching this year.
And no, if the game was in Calgary, I would not be stuffing ballots for Calgary, I would welcome the opportunity to see elite players who don't come through town often.
P.S. I have Gange, Richards, and Briere in my pools (and I just traded for Knubble), their not all in the same pool though.
P.P.S. Arron Asham is my second cousin

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Thats some BS... Where is Malkin, Carter(leads NHL in goals), Semin, Gagne, even Richards, Now I know I sound biased but Carter, Gagne, and Richards are having great years so far...Carey Price and Mike Kommisarek...what a joke!!..I hate the fan voting..what abot Marc Savard?..Its crap man

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I don't know why Philly would have to 'trade' for Shanahan, he's unsigned right now; but everyone knows he's waiting for an offer from the Rangers or Devils (he and his family like the NY area to much to go anywhere else - and as with all elite/very good players, the Islanders are not an option - Charles Wang is CRAZY).
What do you think would be a good trade between Calgary and Philly (by good I mean a trade where both teams needs are met without being screwed)?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
7. Alex Semin (F) - Washington - 123, 294
8. Alex Ovechkin (F) - Washington - 56,664
9. Sidney Crosby (F) - Pittsburgh - 54,794
10. Henrik Lundqvist (G) - New York Rangers - 52,938

I didn't realize Carter was having such a good year, I'm going to have to search my leagues for a sucker to try to rob, err, trade with

I've got Savard on one of my teams also.
Calgary, where good players go before they become great elsewhere

Savard, Gilmour, St' Lois, Drury, Stillman, Jean-Sebastien Giguere... among others

Boston's rocking this year

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Jeff Carter is doing real good this year so far, Im shocked and i mean that because he is a good two way player but he is notorious for missing the net but not this year and he has a great shot, Reminds me of Sundin type player.

Well if Philly was to trade with Calgary, Id like to see Phaneuf come to town, Not sure who we would give in return and the roster is pretty solid right now with Briere coming back tomorrow against Tampa Bay. We have a really good prospect in Claude Giroux(check him out.hes a stud) but there is no way hes going anywhere unless we get like a Iginla or Heatley or a Kovalchuck.

Simon Gagne has 31 points so far...do your home work buddy..lol...and id keep Knuble..he hs stone hands but gets in low and does dirty work

Check out Matt Carle or Luca Sbisa for a sleeper defense pick!!!

[edit on 1-12-2008 by cmd18B]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
As a die hard fan of hockey and life long Habs fan, I don't oppose these all-star voting maneuvers because of one thing; it is the centennial season for Montreal. If this wasn't the 100th season of the club, they wouldn't be doing what they are. But it is, and fans are looking to have history made in any way, shape, or form. Personally, I think it's going to be cool.

Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin, Carter, etc., are all going to be all-stars and will all get to see the ice within a minute or two from puck drop. This doesn't take away from anyone else whatsoever, as I'll be happy to make the case that all are deserving of a spot on the team. Am I another naive fan? I don't think so.

Markov should be a Norris contender every year and Komisarek will be soon. He doesn't put up the numbers of other defenseman, but what he does bring is consistency to a position that needs it. Blocks shots, wins battles, and shuts down the opposing teams best players every single night.

I'm flying to Montreal in January for two home games. On the 8th against the Leafs and on the 10th against the Capitals. I'll post some pictures when I return home.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

I don't think it's going to happen but would anyone have a problem if Henrik Lundqvist was a starting goalie?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I like Montreal and there are a few guys that deserve recognition however I can be a little biased sometimes but because of my love for the game I can debate and talk hockey all night without yelling..

Even though Kovalev took a suspect hit on Gagne I still like him, He is a true sniper and deserves the recognition and thank god Gagne was ok!!!

Markov is a good defenseman who can move the puck and shoot well also but plays a good defense so I can see those two, The others Im not so sure of..I dont know Carey Prices GAA so I cant comment on that but I will be posting stats and standings each day.

I can talk hockey all night so feel free to drop me a line here....

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Have you looked at the statistics? Who is possibly going to bump a Hab out of the starting line up? They are way ahead in all positions with only a little over a month to go. As the deadline nears, I suspect Habs fans are only going to become more involved in it.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Henrik Lundquist is bigger than the damn net!!...Im not looking forward to see him between the pipes next time the Flyers play the Rangers.

Then again Valiquette is pretty damn solid too...Friggin Rangers:bnghd:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
current standings and stat leaders

sports.espn.go.com...

sports.espn.go.com...

Marian Gaborik, Pavel Kubina, Dwayne Roloson could be moving teams..

I'd love to see Kubina on the Flyers although we are having some issues when Jones and Parent come off the DL

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Was Brian Hayward the only one to ever backup Patrick Roy?...We were doing a lil trivia about exceptional goalies that seemed to play every game and we couldnt figure out who backed up Roy..I dont google ulness I am totally Stumped..

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
We have The Flyers hosting Tampa Bay tonight, I do believe Briere is dressed tonight and we need to avenge a tough loss that we suffered earlier in the season, I really hate Tampa Bay and Vinny Prospal so it would be nice to beat em and sorry Rick, we loved you in Philly but tonight your just another bad guy tonight!!!

Here are tonights games...........

Florida at Washington
Atlanta at Montreal
Dallas at Calgary
L A at Phoenix
Toronto at San Jose

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Looks like Dallas Forward Sean Avery has been suspended indefinately due to some serious misconduct that was deemed dteramental to the game of hockey......

Gooo this guy is a real schmuck, Im sure he did something bad.. Early reports says it has to due with his x girlfriend and a Calgary Flames player Dion Phaneuf

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join