It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone explain to me the Canadian situation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I think basically it seems like they're mad because they have a conservative as President. I can see why considering how our last conservative President was terrible but is that why they're upset? If so I think Canadians really need to be more tolerant of other views. Is my interpretation correct?

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Just read the thread that already exists on it. If that doesn't explain it then I don't know what to tell you.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Firstly, get it right, we have a Prime Minister. Secondly, this is the second time Steven Harper has wone an election in a row. Thirdly, the key problem as I see it is the policies he wants to contiue pushing, ones that a large ammount of us disaprove of.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The Above Politics show is working on a special edition with one of our members to get more comment and views on what has happened in Canada recently.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Just a quick note:
Canada as a whole is financially safe I believe. We have the resources that everyone wants and needs. ie: Uranium, Coal, Oil, Copper, etc......
But saying that; it is in turmoil within the government. None of them have proven any capabilities to "Manage the Company" And the public has now twice voted in a Minority Government There is a thread on this already take a look

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
If so I think Canadians really need to be more tolerant of other views. Is my interpretation correct?

You should read up a little more before posting. No insult. Harper called an election this fall expecting that he would get a majority gov't. He didn't. Then he pushed to bankrupt the other parties to force their hand. Expecting that they would defeat the gov't and go back to the polls for the 3rd time in 2 years. We don't want that. What the other parties did was say, "Screw you, we'll set up a coalition." Then he had parliament suspended.

Nothing to do with any political leaning. Harper overestimated his own importance. Twice.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The Above Politics Show has a special edition on the recent political events in Canada.

The Above Politics Show Special Edition

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Yes, he certainly does overestimate his importance. Now we need to see whats going to happen, because we don't need any more of this deliberate transparent power grabbing behavior. I like minority governments, and would prefer to see that coalition which resembles more a proportional style democracy in spirit than anyone taking majority.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
If so I think Canadians really need to be more tolerant of other views. Is my interpretation correct?

You should read up a little more before posting. No insult. Harper called an election this fall expecting that he would get a majority gov't. He didn't. Then he pushed to bankrupt the other parties to force their hand. Expecting that they would defeat the gov't and go back to the polls for the 3rd time in 2 years. We don't want that. What the other parties did was say, "Screw you, we'll set up a coalition." Then he had parliament suspended.

Nothing to do with any political leaning. Harper overestimated his own importance. Twice.

You should read up a little more before posting too. Harper didn't call the election, our system doesn't allow it. He requested Governor General Jean dissolve Parliament in favor of an election because the opposition parties had publicly stated that they had lost confidence in the government and also said that they were going to bring the house down.

[edit on 2-1-2009 by bronco73]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
deleted double post. Itchy trigger finger.

[edit on 2-1-2009 by bronco73]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by bronco73

yes, wish i still had my mini 14 too. it is coming to that, thank god i have my swords!

top topics

join