It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Mars photo leaked - wood found on mars!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   

NASA Mars photo leaked - wood found on mars!

thecrit.com

Someone at NASA released a photo that they shouldn’t have, a picture of a piece of timber the size of a railroad tie, a photo that could get someone killed. There is no mistaking that the object in the print below is a piece of wood. NASA claims that Mars is a desert planet with no life at all. NASA lies, repeatedly.

Where would a piece of timber this size come from? There are vast forests on Mars, ones that are kept from the public. This piece of wood looks like it floated to its present location, being partially sunk in the soil. The ground around it is very interesting. Notice the flat rock formation of the soil and the crevices in between them. Does this look familiar? It appears to be the bed of a dried up pond. There had to be a significant amount of water in this area, water high enough to lift that railroad tie sized piece of timber and float is perhaps several miles. The Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter showed that vast regions of the Red Planet have been altered by floods. This dried pond effect should come as no surprise.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
In my humble opinion, '2 by 4 man' went to mars before the egg heads got themselves organised to sling satellites to the Red Planet.

As you know, '2 by 4 man' is that particular breed of building contractor that can knock up the Taj Mahal with nothing more that a bag of nails, a trusty hammer and an endless supply of 2 by 4 timber.

I take the view that '2 by 4 man' is the unheralded hero of humanity what with his white van or nissan truck traverses the known and unknown galaxy. It is only because of snooty elitism that he is refused just recognition of his great works. Unfortunately for the dwellers of the elitest ivory towers, we know have proof that '2 by 4 man' is exploring the universe leaving evidence of his great exploits.

thecrit.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-11-2008 by masonwatcher]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I am the biggest skeptic of people who claim they can find artifacts on Mars and the Moon by looking at photos, but this one really got me....

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Here is a rock that looks like wood from earth. Rock that has been exposed to the mars weather is not immune from looking like wood.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
If you look past the wood there is another interesting looking artifact almost look like a camp fire a ways in the background.

Chances are the "wood" is actually a weathered rock and the "camp fire" is a reflection of some sort.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ChilledVoodoo

I think you should check that link again, my friend.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChilledVoodoo

Here is a rock that looks like wood from earth. Rock that has been exposed to the mars weather is not immune from looking like wood.

My father had a piece of petrified wood that turned out it wasn't wood just a weathered rock that looked identical to wood but cool none the less.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth
reply to post by ChilledVoodoo

I think you should check that link again, my friend.

I think this is the link he was trying to put up

lh3.ggpht.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Sure does look like a piece of wood -- maybe even a railroad tie ('
')

Here is a link to nasa from with more pics

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Looks like a sqare slab of rock to me. If you look around the photo, the entire ground is covered in square rocks...

You can even see in that photo that the supposed "wood" has a curve to it - a square cut piece of wood wouldn't bend like that, but a slab of rock can of course have a curve to it.

[edit on 28-11-2008 by AirTrafficController]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AirTrafficController

I agree completely. If you look at the whole picture that airtraffic posted it obviously just a rock. Look at the sheen on the other rocks. It is also on that so called piece of wood. Just looks like this particular wood rock isnt completely covered by the martian soil. Typical consiracy theory, crop the pic to make it look like a piece of wood. If he would have shown the same pic as airtraffic it wouldnt even be a story.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I agree. The cropped photo on the page does indeed look like a piece of cut timber. I still wasn't convinced that it wasn't a rock though. When you look at the image in context, it's pretty obvious it's just a rock.

The image further down on the source page of the lake is very convincing though.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
This is not new and has been on ATS and found by several ATS members before, and been discussed..

See the following threads. (as far back as 2004)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Several more threads, a quick search will show them up.

Mikey

[edit on 28/11/2008 by Mikey84]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

hey, there are minors on this board...

"wood" on mars: get it?

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Looks like Noah's Ark may be found soon.

That'd be awesome

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

(Shaking fist) Curse you.
I wanted to say that. But on a more serious note I'll just add that everyone knows that the transformers were stationed on mars, so what use would they have for wood?

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

I'd say, its not like they do it.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
There is rocks like that at the beach.
For a rock to end up like that, you need water in my opinion.
So if its not wood, then it surely indicates there was once a large body of water.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainCaveMan

Large amounts of air throwing sand around (sand blasting) could have the same effect.

Although I do think said sand was probably from an ocean bed at one time

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Seen this pic years ago.

Its a rock..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join