It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deja Vu: Neuron misfire, or pyschic phenomena?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Have you ever "re-lived" a moment in time? Have you ever had a random moment you felt dead sure you had seen/heard/felt it all before... and although you couldn't (or perhaps You could), accurately predict what was about to happen in the next ten seconds, you felt sure you'd recognise it completely when it did?

What was your longest experience of Deja Vu? Have you ever felt utterly positive you had dreamed it before? Or Lived it before?

What is your opinion? What is your experience? What have you determined as the most likely explanation, based on your experience?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by azurecara

Why just today in school when talking and goofing off with some friends,I sort of blanked and out for a moment and remembered seeing the actions and hearing the words of my friends once before even though this was the first time that they said or did these things that I ever saw,and I then was thinking in my mind what they will say next and they really did say it. Deja Vu's are a very very strange phenomenon indeed man,it just feels so wierd when you have one,and you think to yourself "Oh God,im having a deja vu,I remember once seeing this scene once before but I never really have ever before what the heck!?"

I even had a Deja Vu when playing a video game recently,Fallout 3,when I was walking around a building in the game I was in a room and my God I felt live ive seen the room and the whole screen before,long ago even though the game came out a few days before so there was no possible way I could have experienced this before.Very wierd are these Deja Vu experiences.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
i have. as a Christian, i think maybe it is God's way of reminding us that we are not all flesh and bone. That there is more to this life than a McDonalds, Ferraris and beautiful girls. It always makes you stop...and think. Which is what the devil never wants any soul to do...to ponder on the meaning of life.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
The scientific part of me has to agree with what is generally held as the explanation for Deja Vu which is a slight delay between the two hemispheres of the brain, causing one to experience the event before the other.

The mystical part of me, however, has different ideas. Time itself is not linear, it's just that as humans we experience it this way. If we consider humans as walking down the straight line of time, I wonder if Deja Vu is perhaps a stumble or misstep on that walk that breaks the line momentarily.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

It's an eye/brain thing.

Most likely...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by azurecara

I've had a few moments of deja vu that were so intense I became dizzy. Has anyone ever had an episode that felt like you were reliving a dream? That's how they sort of feel for me. I have some that have "recurred", they take on multiple layers of familiarity.

WyrdeOne, what do mean by an eye/brain thing? That's interesting.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I've dreamed future moments of my life all my life. Often things that seem or are rather mundane. It is not very convenient either as my memory is usually dissipated until just prior to the event, or while it is happening. Lately though what has been interesting other than the outrageous frequency that this has been happening is my remembering what I'm thinking in the dream and then changing how I respond when it actually happens. The me of my dreams seems to think as I once did, not as I do now.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Yup, I've experienced very similar things. Weird stuff has always happened to me at an "outrageous frequency".

I had a moment of deja vu in my kitchen recently that seemed to last a full five minutes, and I was smiling, really enjoying it...but to be honest, I'm always looking for the paranormal, and I read a lot of alternative material. You could call me eccentric

"The me of my dreams seems to think as I once did, not as I do now."

That is very insightful.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It happened just tonight watching a movie. I didn't remember how the movie ended, but I remembered my voiced reaction when asked what I thought. I decided to change the reaction from a scoffing, ego-serving comment (Which I at one time would have reveled in) and opted for simple and genuine.

Originally posted by Nox Vulpes
Yup, I've experienced very similar things. Weird stuff has always happened to me at an "outrageous frequency".

Then we've likely tread on the same shores more than once. All my life has been filled with odd and unusual occurrences. Very often such that I can't disqualify them as something more common. I try not to place any special importance because of it, but it does make life for me far more fascinating.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Nox Vulpes

My most memorable experience of Deja Vu was near my 25th birthday. I had a incredibly vivid moment of recollection during it as well. I could remember the exact dream that I'd had of the moment I was in. I wasn't looking at it from the right perspective though, my dream point of view was higher and off to my right above me. But everything else matched the dream. Not only that, but I could remember my age was about 10 when I'd had the dream. I could suddenly recall my bedroom as I woke from that dream and details I had well and truly forgotten about until that moment.

It's as though I reconnected with myself at a younger age for several long heartbeats. And then in the next second, everything was back to normal again.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I've been having those re-connections with my past a lot more often. The older I get, the closer I feel to my former selves, like my life is retracting, or collapsing into a single dense moment. Maybe it's a spiral thing, and deja vu is some sort of bleed-through or overlap. Ah, excuse my musings. I get carried away.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by WyrdeOne

Its easy just to say that, when you start looking into that 'eye/brain thing' - thats when it starts to become really interesting. They are only just start to discover the secrets of the brain - the temporal lobes are fascinating if you do your research.

new topics

top topics

join