It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can We Replace Food Stamps With Hope Stamps?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
2007 total family income: (15,992 Respondents)

Obama McCain
Under $15,000 (6%) 73% 25%
$15,000 - $29,999 (12%) 60% 37%
$30,000 - $49,999 (19%) 55% 43%
$50,000 - $74,999 (21%) 48% 49%
$75,000 - $99,999 (15%) 51% 48%
$100,000 - $149,999 (14%)48% 51%
$150,000 - $199,999 (6%) 48% 50%
$200,000 or more (6%) 52% 46%

abcnews.go.com...

Since so many low-income people voted for Obama, I was just wondering if we could replace food stamps with hope stamps. I think this would be a good idea since Obama supporters find sustenance in hope. They could use such stamps on whatever hope they wanted: blind hope, false hope, concocted hope, irrational hope. They could take their pick- Obama supporters don't seem too discerning in this regard. Just throwing it out there (like some mindless chant).
Oh wait! Better yet, have Obama keep Berstanke as Fed chair and let him start issuing Hope notes- they could serve as legal tender. I guess they could only peg it to the dollar when it becomes worthless (I'd give it by 2010).
I'm still waiting for some CHANGE and thought this hope stamp thing would be a good starting point. Thoughts, feelings, concerns?

Please remember all votes are non-refundable. Store credit will be given if vote was cast within last four years.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
What...this makes no sense at all.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
yaaawwwnnn...
not a one line post

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by heather65

Oh Yes! One line indeed!

Seriously, hope stamps- totally serious- McCain used them all through Vietnam- oh wait- that was loose lippin' and being spoiled
We could issue Detroit a bailout of Hope. Write 'em a card, "hang in there buds"

How about Yes-We-Can Healthcare? Just thought of it. All by myself. These are gold----O'dawg, put me on a committee-I'm ready to roll up my sleeves!

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
no store in the known world would accept them.
next idea, please.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Apparently many hope-backed securities have proven toxic and the hope bubble's about to burst. The problem is we don't know which hope is tied to which securities. And we all know we can't keep borrowing hope from China- the national hope debt is already staggering. We're leaving a hopeless future to our children. A new report indicates hope sales to be at their lowest levels since 1991. A new intelligence report estimates Iran has as many 5 hope facilities.

Ahhhhhh yes. Alright I think I'm good here- I'm all hoped out so to speak.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Ya' wanna' put his picture on them as well?

Seriously though - I'm just not seeing it happen.
But ya' never know - politicians and their egos are in play.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Honestly, you may get more attention to this thread if you have a MOD move it to BTS.

If people take you seriously here, they won't respond.

Unless you really are serious....in which case....

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I'm sorry but this idea is great and should be implemented right away!

Hope stamps?
That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

How about a yes-we-can education reform in replacement of the NCLB act?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

You find it reprehensible that so many poor people voted for Obama?

Strange, I find it reprehensible that so many people are poor.

Quite a post you made there. Lots of sarcastic slant, but no real substance.

I have an idea:

One hope stance is redeemable for a proper education and a decent-paying job. Great idea Moonsouljah!

[edit on 1-12-2008 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

I find my and other's poverty reprehensible as well. Obama will come through. A wage slave job for all! I can't wait for that free healthcare-I've been smoking extra just cause I know I'm covered now.
Actually, I'll just hang out and wait with hope. Oh glorious, glorious hope.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It does not matter what we call food stamps modern Calvinists will still look down their noses at the people who are forced to use them and the people who use them will be embarrased by them.

Poverty is the result of tyranny. Get rid of all petty laws(no more drug war) , zoning ordinances and fire the fda ;then there will be less need for food stamps. Poverty exists because we have some evil people in power who seem to feed on despair.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by eradown]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Obama continually complained that he did not look like the other Presidents on our dollar bills. Maybe we can put his face on foodstamps?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

I think they should put it on the face of the stamp that appears on Rush Limbaugh's pink slip when it says "YOUR FIRED" (giant face of Obama right next to it).

Now that would be funny. Then he cry to himself on a blog about how the government is always holding him back. Maybe he'll sink back into a drug-induced stupor while he complains about minorities and their lack of morals.

Great place to get your news from.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Lets go with food stamps, low cost but attractive housing spread out so we don't create dangerous areas, and a world wide standard of living, I refuse to limit my thoughts to North America. This little guy needed a lot more than hope:

[edit on 2-12-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck

I think they should put it on the face of the stamp that appears on Rush Limbaugh's pink slip when it says "YOUR FIRED" (giant face of Obama right next to it).

I guess you never heard of Satellite Radio? If the Democrats want to shut down free speech again, I'll just buy a subscription along with some stock of whatever satellite company picks Rush Limbaugh up. No Big Deal!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Let me ask you a question:

Do you not find it hypocritical that you accuse the media of being "liberal", and then you go turn on Rush Limbaugh?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck

Let me ask you a question:

Do you not find it hypocritical that you accuse the media of being "liberal", and then you go turn on Rush Limbaugh?

I turn on Rush Limbaugh because the media is liberal. If the media actually reported without the liberal bias, there would be no need for Limbaugh. Why do you think FOX News does so well?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Kumbiah my Lord, Kumbiah, Kumbiah my Lord Kumbiah...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join