It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Year of the bailouts: It's all about timing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Year of the bailouts: It's all about timing

money.cnn.com

Tuesday, Treasury dedicated another $20 billion to cover any losses that the Federal Reserve might suffer as a part of a new consumer loan bailout.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Am I reading this right? Is the government seriously going to just hand over 20 billion to the Fed?

Doesn't this sound like handout to the all powerful bankers?

The Fed gets 20 billion in money back from the government? so pretty much they print up 20 billion less than what we ask, and just charge us interest?

What is going on here?! how? whah?

This is giving me a headache...

Does anyone know if we repay the fed in real wealth? i.e. land holdings, precious metals etc?

The crookedness of the DC crew has astounded me...

money.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I don't know if this is the new administration from behind the scenes... or if this is going to be the old administration trying to run off with more bags of money...

Either way, someone has some serious explaining to do on this one...

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I wouldnt count on it. The MSM will do everything they can to push this under the rug.

I am ready for the fallout.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Maybe they are trying to leave the new guy with nothing to do but raise taxes to cover all of this. They should really check out where all this money is being laundered to. Is it going to people with a certain politcal affiliation?

[edit on 25-11-2008 by TamtammyMacx]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Get this
Lou Dobbs and Kitty Pilgrim had a report in CNN tonight about DC lobbyists using bailout money to lobby that there be no restrictions on the bail out money.

If that isn't criminal , I don't know what is!!!

If it weren't so sad , it would be funny.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Like I stated .. Im ready for the conclusion to all of this madness.

The day he gets sworn in will be the smoking gun.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I wonder if the MSM ... maybe by chance.. would see what kind of treason is being commited.. and jump ship.

That would be nuts considering if they did .. the people would rise up

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by venividivici

I can't believe congress isn't outraged...

or maybe their outrage before was just feigned...

who knows...

at least the AIG CEO finally reduced his salary to $1...

wonder if he still gets bonuses... sigh...

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Cio88

Can you please explain what you are talking about? It looks like you are politically baiting this thread, troll. What in the world does Obama have to do with this?

On topic: These bailouts are worthless. The first hasn't worked - the rest will not.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I wasnt baiting anything. Treason can be commited by anyone. I was talking about the bailout. How about you not bait anything about Obama.

We all know you arent allowed to say anything bad about him because he is the messiah

In fairness thats just a friendly joke

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cio88

Well, in all "fairness", "Golf clap to the messiah and his cronies", is a one line phrase that politically baits the thread.

I will be the first to criticize the policies of the Obama admin, ONCE HE IS THE PRESIDENT! Until then, I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cio88
Like I stated .. Im ready for the conclusion to all of this madness.

The day he gets sworn in will be the smoking gun.

what about that post?

isn't that baiting too... sigh...

This is about the Bailout, that the guy your bashing doesn't have the power to execute right now.

This is 100% Paulson from what I can tell... Bash Paulson...

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Your right.

I guess what I trying to say in relation to Obama, These are the people that will be working under him.. still.

What about the trilions already planned to be spent?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Cio88

whole new crew coming in...

but the new Sec of the treasury is the former Chair of the Fed in NY...

ya know, the guy who sat buy and let Lehman Brothers fail... which many experts consider to be breaking point for the economy, and why the bailout isn't working

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
ooohhhh ok..

I was under the impression the crew in game right now were 'professional politicians' (least thats what my father called them)

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Cio88

Did you know that the only firm allowed to fail (Lehman Brothers) was the arch rival of the company that Paulson used to work for? (Goldman Sachs)

pretty convienient eh?

Paulson is scum. He is still a wall street "insider" by all accounts...

After all, can you honestly expect a former CEO of a major wall street investment firm (Along with Morgan Stanley, one of 2 left surviving after all this mess) and be expected to administer without bias?

give me a break... its amazing congress passed his plan, which has language that makes his actions with the governments money unquestionable...

sickening....

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
OK folks, this thread is about the Year of the bailouts: It's all about timing and the ridiculous amount of money the government is handing out, and not about anything else.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join