It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't these damn aliens take us during the day?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Why do ALL abduction scenarios happen at night, and almost alwayswhile people are sleeping? If those suckers would come bother me, or any of you guys during breakfast, we'd break their scrawny necks, right? Is it that they capitalize on humans' fear of night coupled with the unknown? Or do you think these kidnapping pigs are just night-owls? Or, perhaps there are NO aliens at all. Maybe they're just manifestation of humans' most deep seated fears of being completely subject to someone else's will, with noone to help. OH, and if someone says sleep paralysis one more time, so help me.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
i commend your passion for wanting to have answers.

however, and im sorry im not taking the time to provide links, but abductions dont happen at night every time. bud hopkins will tell you this.

content from an external source:Bud Hopkins response to abductions happen only at night.

I knew, of course, that the skeptics' favorite explanation du jour is impossibly simple: abduction reports, they believe, are all due to misperceived "sleep paralysis." Ranking as a distant second is another erroneous belief: abduction reports, they say, "ONLY emerge under hypnosis," and since hypnosis is "totally unreliable", all abduction reports must be discarded. In the light of these tediously familiar errors and misstatements, I made certain in my taped interviews to explain the following:
In the first two decades of our research, ALL of the central abduction cases involved people who were outside their houses when they were taken NONE were lying paralyzed in their bedrooms. They were driving cars, walking, fishing, hunting and even, in one famous case, driving a tractor on a farm. "Sleep paralysis" as a blanket explanation of UFO abductions is therefore, ipso facto, a ludicrous non-starter. Nevertheless ALL of my insistent statements on this point were systematically eliminated by the producers.

Second, I indicated that there are many abuction reports involving two, three, six or more people who were taken simultaneously and whose highly detailed recollections are virtually identical. This fact alone eliminates not only "sleep paralysis" but "fantasy-proneness" or any other idiosyncratic psychological aberrations as triggering causes. My descriptions of these many cases of multiple abductions were likewise completely suppressed by the producers

Third, I showed the interviewers many photos of, again, virtually identical scoop marks, consistent straight-line scars and ground landing traces at abduction sites, and other physical sequelae. ALL of these vivid photographic examples of physical evidence were suppressed by the producers.

Fourth, I was not alone in making these points. My colleague Dr. David Jacobs was asked by ABC to carry out a hypnotic regression for the camera, but since the woman he chose had been abducted in the daytime while driving a car, the case did not fit ABC's "sleep paralysis" agenda and was thus not only suppressed, but Dr. Jacobs' many hours of taped interviews were also scrapped.

Fifth, I made it very clear that perhaps 30% of all the abduction reports collected by researchers are recalled WITHOUT THE AID OF HYPNOSIS, a fact which renders the issue of hypnosis moot. This point was also suppressed by the producers whose only goal, it appeared, was to eliminate any data that contradicted their transparently false debunking hypotheses.

heres the link to the full article

[edit on 11/25/2008 by LordThumbs]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Firstly, thanks for the information, please could you link some of the pertinent info? Second, holy crap, people taken from moving automobiles during the day?! How does that go unnnoticed? I wonder if I'll sleep ever again.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Probably because Grays don't tan very well.

But how do we really know for sure they are not coming out during the day?

What about the ones that live amongst us?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
They mostly come Billions of miles to good old
Earth and take us at night to do all that anal probing under cover of night.

Personaly I don't buy the massive amounts of claims of abductions I think that maybe as much as 10% could have some bases in fact the rest I'm sorry are probobly reliving some childhood tramatic event.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

by pertinent im assuming you'd like me to find the cases. each one and link em for you right.lol ill allow all that passion you had to get answers lead the way..sorry but im at work and would love to get them for you.

maybe ill get a youtube link down the road and revisit this thread and post. ill star and flag it just to be sure..

happy hunting.

based on my viewing experiences with the whole being abducted out of the car thing, well... the person in the video said it was like the upper torso was being stretched like silly puddy, they litterally saw the passengers body spread up and towards the ship. the could even get faint tastes of metal in their mouth at the time.

but again its moote to ask HOW could they abduct out of the car, its just impossible to really understand at the moment.right. so i tend to FOCUS on more down to earth questions. like, what reason would this person have for lying and why are they sticking by their story some 30 years later. and how much money/attention have they got in the last 30 years. things like that. but i wonder how they accomplish such crazy feats from time to time.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordThumbs
"Sleep paralysis" as a blanket explanation of UFO abductions is therefore, ipso facto, a ludicrous non-starter.

I am a skeptic, but I could not agree more. I have suffered from sleep paralysis my entire adult life. I can tell you from personal experience, while each and every episode is frightening, it is nothing like what an alien abductee describes. And, people who suffer from sleep paralysis will eventually learn what it is, and recognize when they are having an episode, and how to remain calm during.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LordThumbs

No, not every link, but some more info on that daytime car incident would be great, as this is the first time I've ever heard of it. To all others, have you ever had a waking abduction? (crazies need not reply)

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The reason i started this thread was that a few years ago I had a waking/nightmare where two so called "shadow people" were in my house and tried to attack/kill me.(I think i was sleeping, but it was too vivid). Being that it could have been a dream i wrote it off, and went on with life. I posted my experience here in a reply. But a few weeks ago I was in bed with my girlfriend, and she awoke in the middle of the night, and couldn't go back to sleep after a very disturbing dream. She saw me naked, laid out on a table, in a white, wall-less room, immobilized, and with a fearful expression on my face. She said she saw one or two of these "shadow people" standing over me chanting incoherently, then quicky slammed his hands down and cut me very deeply from shoulder to belly, then again, but more deeply, then once more, till he went through the bone, she said it sounded like leather tearing. There was blood everywhere on the table but nowhere else. Through this whole ordeal she said I was laughing insanely, but with great fear and pain in my eyes. That is the last thing she remembered before waking. I have never told her of my previous experience with these possible beings. This has kept me from sleeping the past few weeks. Let the ridicule roll!

[edit on 25-11-2008 by dashen]

[edit on 25-11-2008 by dashen]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
For the same reason some people like to jump out and shout BOO! when people enter dark rooms. It's their sense of humor

Seriously though, perhaps most people are more receptive to telepathic communication when half/fully asleep. I know I pick-up more from people when I'm very, very drunk (don't drink now though) or very tired. Not saying I'm psychic but some traits run in my family and perceiving unspoken thoughts is one of them (I must sound quite insane about now).

Two more reasons: abductions are most easily dismissed when they occur at night; and people are less likely to be missed when taken whilst they're not expected to be socializing.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Isn't it rather obvious? its DARK..we dont see that well during the DARK. More people are sleeping, less odds of being seen/resistance. Its rather OBVIOUS

Originally posted by dashen
Why do ALL abduction scenarios happen at night, and almost alwayswhile people are sleeping? If those suckers would come bother me, or any of you guys during breakfast, we'd break their scrawny necks, right? Is it that they capitalize on humans' fear of night coupled with the unknown? Or do you think these kidnapping pigs are just night-owls? Or, perhaps there are NO aliens at all. Maybe they're just manifestation of humans' most deep seated fears of being completely subject to someone else's will, with noone to help. OH, and if someone says sleep paralysis one more time, so help me.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Your thinking like a human again. They have advanced propulsion, probably can travel inter dimensionally (multiple dimensions DO exist) jumping from their planet to ours would like you driving to the 7-11 around the block to pick up a pack of ciggies, no big deal right? No big deal to them either. Stop thinking in human terms fellow..

Originally posted by SLAYER69
They mostly come Billions of miles to good old
Earth and take us at night to do all that anal probing under cover of night.

Personaly I don't buy the massive amounts of claims of abductions I think that maybe as much as 10% could have some bases in fact the rest I'm sorry are probobly reliving some childhood tramatic event.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I wonder why primitive tribesman don't have alien abduction stories? at least I've not heard of any?

I know they have supernatural experiences but I can't think of a time when I 've heard of primitive people having a high tech experience with the full report sounding identical to a 1 st worlders account of abduction

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by atsbeliever

it is rather obvious, but with so much power, why restrict yourself to only half the day to do your probing, eh? Why, with the power to incapacitate any human, anywhere, and take them any place, restrict yourself to just a few hours a night?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by invisiblewoman
I know they have supernatural experiences but I can't think of a time when I 've heard of primitive people having a high tech experience with the full report sounding identical to a 1 st worlders account of abduction

You've never heard stories of faeries, trolls, goblins, and what-have-you attacking and kidnapping people? Similiar stories are found all over the world, from ancient times to now.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

You won't get much ridicule here about an abduction experience.

I posted my "experience" here once. It's happened a few times.

I have very awkward sleeping patterns (plural intended). When I've lived in shared accommodation people have asked me where I've been (whilst I've (to my knowledge) been asleep in bed). Other times, I've been asked about visitors I've had; visitors I'm able to remember but strangely can't remember at the same time. I've woken up on metal beds in blue-lit rooms. I've been washed in a glittering liquid (sterilizer or something). I remember speaking to others during some of these events. I've woken up drugged (although this could be physiological). I could tell you more but I'd be going on for ages. Oddly, I don't fully believe they happen but I know the memories are not dreams or hallucinations. They're real.

If you have pets in your home, try to remember whether you heard them making noises at the times of your abductions. My parrot (now deceased) would squawk his head off but I'd only have vague (yet vivid) recollection of it and other's in the shared accommodation would remember his noise.

My parents and brothers also have memories (or "dreams") of presences in their rooms and of being in strange places. We usually have these around the same time as each other.

It's very odd that it's so common for something that officially doesn't happen.

Edited to add: good look with getting your answers.

[edit on 25/11/08 by Rapacity]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by invisiblewoman
I wonder why primitive tribesman don't have alien abduction stories? at least I've not heard of any?

Read this thread The Rainbow Serpent. It will change your opinion.

Have you considered that the aliens might be nocturnal. Also, if they come from a planet with little light they might not realize the difference between day and night - they might wonder why many of us choose to sleep during the dark hours.

Saying that, most of my "memories" have not been in darkened environments. Only a few rooms have been dimly lit and they're usually waiting rooms.

[edit on 25/11/08 by Rapacity]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Because you don't noticed much in the night and they probably don't want catching much attention.

And also at night, when something rouses you from sleep, you don't go OMG, $#@!!!! Alien or not because your drousy state makes you think you're seeing a hallucination or even dreaming or it takes some time before you realize what's going on and you react but it's too late, again to prevent the abductee to shout for help and avoid attention.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Originally posted by LordThumbs
"Sleep paralysis" as a blanket explanation of UFO abductions is therefore, ipso facto, a ludicrous non-starter.

I am a skeptic, but I could not agree more. I have suffered from sleep paralysis my entire adult life. I can tell you from personal experience, while each and every episode is frightening, it is nothing like what an alien abductee describes. And, people who suffer from sleep paralysis will eventually learn what it is, and recognize when they are having an episode, and how to remain calm during.

I'm with you buddy. Sleep paralysis can be a very scary thing if you don't know whats going on. I have come to enjoy them though. I like "waking up" and having to try and move. I know I'm sick, I do like the sensation though.

I remember reading up on it and people used to think it was a demon sitting on top of them. I tell you what, that scared the crap out of me for a while.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Why do they only take people at night?

Because they are not aliens, think about it...

new topics

top topics

join