It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He Touched A UFO! Sgt Penniston's Account!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by saturnsrings

There are reasons why the government does not come forward with the tech.

A. The tech takes a long time to develope. just think about the time it took to develope the stealth fighter and bomber.

B. It is not the government itsels, they are subcontracters with military contracts such as Lockheed Martin. They are bound by their contracts not to devulge certain information, in order to protect national security.

C. The technology is being used on a small scale in the wars we fight. It is not turned loose in order to keep other countries from using our own tech against us.

A comparison is this, many people seem to think UAV's are new technoligies, where these were used for many years in the field as far back as the late sixties. It is possible they go back even further than that, unfortunately I don't know anyone wh will confirm further back than that for me. Yes UAV's are simple remote vehicles, but this is just an example of the simple tech that was being used back in the Sixties. If this simple tech, some might consider advanced for the time, was being used, it stands to reason that there was more advanced tech as well in larger vehicles.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsSmartypants
What more do we need, people?

What about John Burrough's testimony? It contradicts Penniston's testimony. According to Burrough's, they never got close enough to touch it. In fact, based on Burrough's testimony, they were not even close enough to positively identify it as artificial or natural...

'I do not now whether this was some kind of machine under intelligent control or a fantastic natural phenomenon - some rare kind of energy. What I do know is that it was nothing mundane. There are no words that can adequately describe the wonder of what we saw' SOURCE

Jenny Randles took apart the case in her book The UFOs That Never Were, going so far as to call it a sham.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
John Burroughs was close to Penniston at the time of his sighting, but somewhat behind him in the woods. I'm not sure if he concurs with Penniston touching the craft, Burroughs apparently did not get a good look at it. He did say that whatever it was, it was capable of taking off at high speed. Warren claims to have seen unearthly things! Pennistons story has evolved over time - something to consider too.

I believe Burroughs has said that he is limited in what he can say about the incident, Warren said he caught hell when he phoned his Mom about what happened. So how come they are all talking about it?

Burroughs I think said that in the vicinity of these occurrences, a strange feeling was noticed, maybe some confusion amongst the soldiers, animals were different too - I may not be totally accurate in my account here, but something weird was clearly happening.

This case is puzzling because of the many different accounts. I do believe something strange was seen, and something strange landed and took off again. Who's telling the truth, who's lying, who's just adding to the confusion?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MIssSmartypants

Flagged & tagged!

I had just left Europe when this occurred, & I recall the fervor that it caused at that time. Always has been fascinating & still is.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
reply to post by LordThumbs

"but any grown man who is sticking to his story some 30 years later has to be taken seriously.."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeh, just like the guy who has spent the last thirty years in an insane asylum because he thinks he's Admiral Nelson! Funny, he's sticking to his story too so you would take him seriously!
As ridiculous statements go yours is a doozy. . .

HA! what point are you really trying to make by saying that.. you take what i said and just use the example of the opposite side of sanity..very very 'sane' of you

no in fact if you presented your opinion to the man who actually experienced this im sure he would cut you down to size. so ill stay out of this one. your arrogance is obvious to all who have read your previous post.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Savior Complex

This account given is one aspect of the event that is fascinating in itself:
(as taken from the source info provided)...

["It had a solid structure, with a rough surface. Some of the group ran away, others stayed put, like myself. I couldn't move - i don't know whether it was shock or if it was outside influence. It was dreamlike... i think time was distorted and perceptions were intentionally affected by this intelligence. There was one reality and in front of you was another. I felt slower on that night. Everything was on half speed and something was wrong - something was out of place."]

In my opinion, this may be one of three things:

1. Anxiety
2. Unknown phenomena
3. All of the above

I serve in two wars, under extreme dangerous circumstances, and can personally relate to what was experienced. I do think that it is of profound noteworthiness however. It certainly gives credence to the fluid situation at hand during the event. If anyone that is qualified in psychology/parapsychology and can add to this particular sector of the account please do.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

What about John Burrough's testimony? It contradicts Penniston's testimony. According to Burrough's, they never got close enough to touch it.

They were not together the whole time and by all accounts, the event must have been extremely disorientating. Here's a snippet of John Burroughs' more recent testimony:

"The 3 of us were staggered, Jim [Penniston] in front to my left, I was in the Middle and [Cabansag] was behind me to my right. That is the way we were going through the forest. It [Time] did seem to slow down and it was only for a couple of minutes before it went into the trees and disappeared."

"What ever we encountered was able to lift off and fly away on its own power at a high rate of speed!"

"Jim [Penniston] also said right away as we were walking back that he felt it was some kind of object or craft he was about 5-10 feet closer than I was. Plus he did draw a craft on his statement."

Jim Penniston sketched a 'craft' on his original witness statement.

Jenny Randles took apart the case in her book The UFOs That Never Were, going so far as to call it a sham.

The fact remains: no one knows what happened. My opinion has changed over the years, just as Jenny's has... but does it make a difference? The people who saw the event with their own eyes still do not know what happened.

John Burroughs thinks that the military could have been behind, or partly behind the Rendlesham forest incident:

I always had a feeling it could have been the military but found it hard to believe because I could not believe we had the technology to do what I saw happen. But over the years I saw a lot of stuff in the different places I went with the military that started to make me believe it was more than possible.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

"A! what point are you really trying to make by saying that.. you take what i said and just use the example of the opposite side of sanity..very very 'sane' of you

no in fact if you presented your opinion to the man who actually experienced this im sure he would cut you down to size. so ill stay out of this one. your arrogance is obvious to all who have read your previous post. "
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think it is a sane argument. You said any man who keeps telling the same story for over 30 years has to be taken seriously! I'm just giving you an example which disproves your argument! Sorry if it upsets you.
Then, ater making the most ridiculous statement in ATS history, you go on to call me arrogant! The words "Pot", "Kettle" and "Black" immediately spring to mind.
The Rendlesham Forest incident is now so full of holes it's in danger of sinking below the waves of UFO lore with all hands!!

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JH80
They were not together the whole time and by all accounts, the event must have been extremely disorientating.

"Jim [Penniston] also said right away as we were walking back that he felt it was some kind of object or craft he was about 5-10 feet closer than I was. Plus he did draw a craft on his statement."

Five to ten feet is would be an almost negligable distance in this circumstance. He should have been able to see the exact same thing Penniston was seeing.

Another problem I have with Penniston's claims he touched the craft. It is claimed that there were very high radiation levels dedicated in the immediate area of the sighting the day after*. If this is the case, and if Penniston touched the craft, why wasn't he radioactive and why hasn't he suffered ill effects in the 20+ years since?

(But these claims are hogwash, so I may have answered my own question)

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

"Hold on, I was under the impression you thought the case was nothing more than rabbits and lighthouses: "
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't say anything of the sort! Oh dear. . . What I said was that Vince Thurkettle had described the so-called landing marks pointed out to him by the police as being made by rabbits, and noted that, at least for awhile, Halt and his men had mistaken the Orford Ness lighthouse as the original object they had been following. I'll say it again, the proof that something very strange happened in Rendlesham Forest comes from the civilian witnesses who live near the base who saw strange lights skirting the tree tops.
I'll give you a C- (must try harder) for trying to misrepresent what I said.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by rundog
[I believe Burroughs has said that he is limited in what he can say about the incident, Warren said he caught hell when he phoned his Mom about what happened. ]...

[Burroughs I think said that in the vicinity of these occurrences, a strange feeling was noticed, maybe some confusion amongst the soldiers, animals were different too - I may not be totally accurate in my account here, but something weird was clearly happening.]

[This case is puzzling because of the many different accounts. I do believe something strange was seen, and something strange landed and took off again. Who's telling the truth, who's lying, who's just adding to the confusion?
]

One very good point to examine here is the condition of the dogs/animals. Dogs have an uncanny ability to sense that which humans cannot. The studies/statistics on dog behavior is fascinating.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

so your not gonna fill in the gap with common sense huh? Of course you cannot assume that EVERY man who has stated the same story for 30 years should be believed. NO but you assumed thats what i ment right.

your just like the hundreds of other members who take QUITE literally each and every word of someones post and deconstruct it just to show them they were not as detailed in their sentance as they should have been. AND you call this the search for TRUTH

If you cant catch someone drift and you feel the urge to nit pick the sentence, then your reading and participating for the wrong reasons.

This case stands firm with no 'holes' and it continues to get world wide attention. catch up.

[edit on 11/26/2008 by LordThumbs]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordThumbs

so your not gonna fill in the gap with common sense huh? Of course you cannot assume that EVERY man who has stated the same story for 30 years should be believed. NO but you assumed thats what i ment right.

your just like the hundreds of other members who take QUITE literally each and every word of someones post and deconstruct it just to show them they were not as detailed in their sentance as they should have been. AND you call this the search for TRUTH

If you cant catch someone drift and you feel the urge to nit pick the sentence, then your reading and participating for the wrong reasons.

This case stands firm with no 'holes' and it continues to get world wide attention. catch up.

[edit on 11/26/2008 by LordThumbs]

Utter nonsense. This is a first. I repeat what you said word for word and still get accused of misquoting you!!!

I wonder what went on in Rendlesham Forest, just like you do, but to keep on peddling the same old wrong and debunked information concerning the case is to just waste ones time. The only way to get to the truth is to remove the nonsense that surrounds this interesting case. Not keep supporting the old tired, and quite frankly, the bull***t testimonies of those who ar so obviously deluding themselves.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Five to ten feet is would be an almost negligable distance in this circumstance. He should have been able to see the exact same thing Penniston was seeing. Another problem I have with Penniston's claims he touched the craft. It is claimed that there were very high radiation levels dedicated in the immediate area of the sighting the day after*. If this is the case, and if Penniston touched the craft, why wasn't he radioactive and why hasn't he suffered ill effects in the 20+ years since? (But these claims are hogwash, so I may have answered my own question)

In response to your first point, I don't know. I admit that some aspects of the Rendlesham case are unclear, but it is a long way from deserving the "hogwash" tag.

To add to my previous post, here is an extract from Fred Buran's original witness statement (made on 2nd January 2008):

SSgt Penniston had previously informed me that the lights appeared to be no further than 100 yds from the road East Gate of the runway. I monitored their progress (Penniston, Burroughs and Cabansag) as they entered the wooded area. They appeared to get very close to the lights, and at one point SSgt Penniston stated that it was a definite mechanical object.

Yes, a mechanical object.

And Jim Penniston's original sketch of the 'craft', which accompanied his typed statement:

To the best of my knowledge, no one said that the levels of radiation were "very high". They were most definitely higher than expected, but were not necessarily harmful.

In May 2008, John Burroughs admitted that he had suffered "bleeding gums, heart and eye problems after" the incident. However, John was also involved on the second night of the incident (unlike Penniston), and claims to have been trapped in a ball of light.

Who knows...

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Hey baby, your using my copyright corporate image. Don't worry, theres a lot more where that came from...

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

what BS testemony? your impossible to work with.. can you take the fact that this guy was writing in his note pad and touching this thing before it flew off through the trees. and have you heard the audio recording of the MP's as they went out into the forest that night. and you simply focus on other aspects except for the big picture. but not everyone is easily swayed so i guess i will commend you for having a healthy skeptisism like most and move on to the next case.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JH80
I admit that some aspects of the Rendlesham case are unclear, but it is a long way from deserving the "hogwash" tag.

I was specifically refering to the radiation claims...

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordThumbs

what BS testemony? your impossible to work with.. can you take the fact that this guy was writing in his note pad and touching this thing before it flew off through the trees. and have you heard the audio recording of the MP's as they went out into the forest that night. and you simply focus on other aspects except for the big picture. but not everyone is easily swayed so i guess i will commend you for having a healthy skeptisism like most and move on to the next case.

Hang on a minute, you may have me completely wrong. I fully accept that something was in the woods, that Penniston got close enough to touch it, walk around it and take the whole scenario in. I also accept that Halt and his men were chasing a real object through the woods, at least for a while. I'm talking about the bul***t testimonies of those significant others, which contredict the true story and cause a certain ridicule to be levied at the case. Burrows bright blue orb which flew through the open windows of their truck- Warrens alien beings and insistance that British bobbies were on hand to witness the event- the increased radiation-the markings on the forest floor. All nonsense. . . "I believe!"
The only way to really find out what happened in Rendlesham is to strip away the nonsense and deal with the hard evidence. To me that hard evidence says simply that something crashed unexpectedly into Rendlesham forest and that that something was triangular and amazing. Lets try to find out what that something was?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

ok so maybe your not impossible at all.

I mistakenly never heard any other stories about blue orbs or anything other than the testomony of pennington and the other sgt on location that night and for not being up to speed on all that i appologize.

However, this brings up a good point... going foward it is extremely important that in the future our governments disclose the truth before the next very big event or close encounter occurs this way the evidence can be examined without wasting time on the small facts and events of a rather larger event as a whole.

a lot of testemony at that time what back in the 1980's must have been false due to the cover up. so im not surprised that some are drawn to these disinformation curve balls and are side tracked from the big picture.

but its obvious to me now that you DO see the big picture.

although you quoted me about the 'any man saying the same thing for 30 years' you quickly took it out of context. ill agree to be more detailed as long as you agree to be slower to just grab others arguments as 'set in stone' quotes. this way neither of us end up in the insane asylum

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

" ill agree to be more detailed as long as you agree to be slower to just grab others arguments as 'set in stone' quotes. this way neither of us end up in the insane asylum "
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agreed!

Burrows so-called blue orb story takes place when he's left behind as Penniston goes on alone to inspect the triangular object. He says the light alls, basically lights on high poles powered by there own generator, started to flicker and eventually went out all together. Its then that Burrows says a blue orb flew through the trees, passed through the open window on the passenger side of the truck and out of the open window on the drivers side and disappeared across the fields. Once it was gone the light alls flickered back to life. Now while this may have happened (fighting my own scepticism) I've always thought the story was an attempt to take ones attention away from the real object which was, at that time, being closely inspected by Penniston. This is why I know longer take anything Burrows says on this case seriously.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join