It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Schiff Was Just Kicked Off CNN Live for telling the truth

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+66 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Talk about deflection.

Peter Schiff was being interviewed live on C.N.N. just now about the current state of affairs, and he really gave his opinion clearly and without reservations.

He mentioned that he opposed the bailout, and would let failing corporations like AIG and CITI simply fail because "there´s a reason they failed"

"We should also not promote public spending or boost the economy, this is exactly why the U.S. economy failed in the first place. We have been spending way too much on credit and have had others pick up the bills we cannot possibly pay back".

He went on to say that Americans should create and save instead of spend.

On and on, hard truth after hard truth. The moment he started to make comments about the Federal Reserve system and why their policies have brought the U.S. where it is today, he was cutoff in midsentence (complete screen went to colored bars) leaving the interviewer baffled for about five seconds after which she went on to mumble "Technical difficulties" and jumping right on the good news of todays market recovery.

Business International, CNN live around 21:00 local time (GMT+1) 06:00 DST

I am still in shock

MoonMine
EDIT TO ADD:

Becky Anderson (CNN Nightly news & Business International based in London) was leading the interview.

I do not think the footage is online (yet) changed time & added program name

[edit on 24-11-2008 by MoonMine]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MoonMine

Damn do we have video of this anywhere? Hes already been kicked off a few networks for this reason. I feel Peter Schiff might be a target soon. He and Ron Paul have been trying to expose these scumbags for awhile now. Generally people like him dont live to long without.. committing suicide, missing, mysterious accident, or any other suspicious death. Dont believe me about the bankers killing? Ask Abraham Lincoln, JFK, Andrew Jackson, Louis McFadden, and even Reagan. Not all of them were killed but they were attempted.

[edit on 24-11-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit

Damn do we have video of this anywhere?

Frantically looking..... I saw it on satellite, maybe I can rip it from somewhere

And I sadly agree that if Schiff keeps going at this rate he

a) will no longer be interviewed by the MSM

or

b) made an example of

What was that saying in intelligence again? "Private transportation is soooo unsafe these days" (makes crash gesture with hand while saying sooooo)

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I just wish peter would have mentioned this is coming down the pike:

1,000 Trillion USD derivatives market about to implode

That is going to have a worse impact than the housing bubble.

They were hiding their bad debt, and soon they will not be able to hide
it much longer, and that is when the house of cards will collapse.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Yeah I just looked on Youtube and it isnt on there yet. I think Peter, Ron Paul, and Jim Rogers all need to start focusing on the FED more so people understand the roots to the problems. He goes on his rants about spending and saving but they need to start focusing on the FED. Until people wake up nothing will change and they because of the spotlight they have can get the word out.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Dude Peter Schiff's Website is down now www.europac.net WTF!!!!!

EDIT to Add: Ok it looks like its coming back up. wtf is going on.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I just found an older interview, where he says almost exactly what he said just now, also on CNN. Main difference is he does not mention the Fed in the same light, maybe that´s why he wasn´t cutoff-

edition.cnn.com...#/video/business/2008/09/27/vassileva.peter.schiff.intv.cnn?iref=videosearch

He is cutoff in that interview too BTW.. (or vid simply ends)

Still looking

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Im a huge fan of Peter Schiff but doubt they pulled the plug on him due to what he was saying. The MSM has been letting him speak more and more openly in the past months, he was even the host/special guest of "Fast Money" back on the 20th.

The major networks care more about there ratings and ad dollars then the message that Schiff is delivering. The people that do listen to him were already on that train of thought, so its just preaching to the choir. In a risk/benefit analysis from the Illuminati perspective a few sheep waking up is worth it, if it means Schiff brings in x amount of more viewers (choir) than usual.

Peace

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Splendid catch MoonMine! Seeing as they cut people off for spreading gnosis to the masses, we should all make at least 10 pamphlets or mini posters about the federal reserve situation and publicly post or give them to strangers or family members who know little to nothing about the fed. Maybe even start chain letters with our families and friends. I think snail mail hand written chain letters would weigh heavier on the psyche than yet another crazy email. Maybe its the excessive hours of online research, but I find it eerily creepy that more people do not understand the nature of what is happening. Maybe hang out in bank lines and public business centers, and just casually shoot the poop with strangers about the FED RES. I brought the issue up with my wells fargo teller the other day, and they kept uneasily looking at their fellow employees and dancing around the subject. It almost seemed as if he knew and believed it but was told it wasnt true and was looking at the other tellers like, 'see, this is what Im talking about' or maybe I was just another crazy guy in the bank and they thought I was dangerous or something. who knows.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
www.usnews.com...

Here is an article he had in US news back in May. Scary stuff indeed.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealDonPedros
Im a huge fan of Peter Schiff but doubt they pulled the plug on him due to what he was saying.

I have _never_ seen a blunter cutoff like this, never.

Usually when there are tech diffs, they have the courtesy to get the interviewee back. Becky Anderson clearly got her instructions in ear and rolled right along after those 5 shakey seconds.

Embarrasing (for CNN)

Disgusting censorship to me, because they knew that Anderson had no way of cutting the interview short, so they pulled the link out from under him.

I dare CNN to put up this interview on their site. I would also like to ask if any Europeans by chance saw the incident?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
his website is working, just really slowly

here's some headlines from his website:

11/24/2008
Recession Forces US to Flood World With More $'s
- Bloomberg
11/24/2008
US Throws Citi $500B Lifeline
- Sydney Morning Herald
11/24/2008
Democrats' Stimulus Plan May Reach $700B
- Washington Post
11/24/2008
The Fed Is Out of Ammunition
- Wall Street Journal
11/24/2008
Fed's Role in Crisis Is Giant, if Opaque
- Washington Post
11/24/2008
Foreclosures, Delinquencies Skyrocket
- Los Angeles Times
11/24/2008
Companies to Cut Raises, Bonuses and Benefits
- USA Today
11/24/2008
Shopping Malls are Running on Empty
- Los Angeles Times
11/24/2008
New-Car Dealers Shifting to Used-Car Focus
- Dallas Morning News
11/24/2008
Midwest Cuts Spending as Economy Deteriorates
- Wall Street Journal
11/24/2008
Farm Income Down as Corn Drops, Fertilizer Up
- Bloomberg
11/24/2008
Steel Industry Shaken as Economic Woes Sap Demand
- Chicago Tribune

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
MyBigUnit- Whaaat up?
This video sounds great! Hopefully it shows up here sooner or later.
Embarrassingly, I was watching a bit of Morning Joe this morning (surprise) as I waited for C-SPAN's Washington Journal to Start and maybe this is old news on MSNBC but they had Tucker Carlson as a guest on talking about this "economic crisis." It's really gotten unbearable to hear the MSM talk about it.
Anyways, they have Tucker Carlson on as a commentator and introduced him as a wild "libertarian" and it seemed as if he was just acting the role of the lone sensible guy with ideas that no one else had heard before. He really sucked at it and it seemed as if he had been clearly instructed to spew out some generalized Libertarian-esque mantras about how the Dem and Reps are all loose spenders these days. Very vague language and no direct assault on the Fed. Although he did call their ability to get more money "magical" he explained it by saying either borrowing from China or more taxes. These are both true of course but his omission of the Fed's Fiat currency system seemed totally pre-meditated- as if he totally had a list of words not to bring up.
Basically, it was as if he was filling in for Schiff and doing it with certain obscured, and censored talk. --like the network made up it's own toned down Schiff.

Props to Carlson- I guess? If anyone knows more about him let me know.
I know Carlson is libertarian leaning as he spoke at the Rally for the republic and what not but looking at his Wikipedia profile I find his father's neo-con background conflictual with his alleged libertarian leanings.

Man I wanna see the Schiff vid!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
Dude Peter Schiff's Website is down now www.europac.net WTF!!!!!

EDIT to Add: Ok it looks like its coming back up. wtf is going on.

You know. Since 9/11 any live transmission is not live anymore. Maybe someone blew Schiff up during the interview and that´s why they had to cutoff.

Maybe not.. Sorry, but I admit I am upset about this.

The media is starting more and more to look like a B-movie

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I'm watching the CNN Live feed on their website, and the 2 ladies were discussing the 11% median price drop in home values, then the presenter says "lets discuss something nicer, let's talk about those back to back rallies, those indicate that investors liked what they heard about the economic plan from the Obama economic team".

Give me a break

The aim is to sugar coat and distract from the problems.

[edit on 24-11-2008 by warrenb]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

Sorry here is the corrected link to the OLDER interview

Again the incident happened just now.

This interview (Where he basically says exactly the same but is less harsh to the Fed) is from September this year

Schiff older CNN interview

They should make HIM Secretary of Treasury, not that Fed bloodhound.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moonsouljah
MyBigUnit- Whaaat up?
This video sounds great! Hopefully it shows up here sooner or later.
Embarrassingly, I was watching a bit of Morning Joe this morning (surprise) as I waited for C-SPAN's Washington Journal to Start and maybe this is old news on MSNBC but they had Tucker Carlson as a guest on talking about this "economic crisis." It's really gotten unbearable to hear the MSM talk about it.

Tucker was indeed at the RFR. I think he is one of the Ima Ron Paul fan but I dont want to admit it people. You have those all over the media. I think Neil Cavuto is coming around also. He has RP on almost every other day now. Glenn Beck had Peter Schiff on often also. Im sure its for ratings but I dont give a damn. The word needs to be spread about the theft from the people that is going down.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
Give me a break

The aim is to sugar coat and distract from the problems.

"Movie at 11"

"On a lighter note...."

Did you also notice how they plug Obama´s Economic incentives plan.

Bit off topic, but Schiff was all over this Obama plan during the interview

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoonMine

"Movie at 11"

"On a lighter note...."

Did you also notice how they plug Obama´s Economic incentives plan.

Bit off topic, but Schiff was all over this Obama plan during the interview

Yup I can see it now in an un altered world..

"And after the hardcore theft and mouth f****ing the government has done people are now homeless, helpless, and pennyless."

"But on a bright note the DOW is up 200 pts."

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Please, did anyone else watch

Business International hosted by Becky Anderson where she interviewed Peter Schiff just now????

Maybe even recorded it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join