It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Ok, in all seriousness..I hope the title got somebodies attention. I am not going to ask anything at all except input as to if anybody notices or sees anything out of the ordinary with the moon as of late (within the past 2 years). I would appriciate people who are knowledgable and serious only....no flaming or poking fun at some silly typo or spelling mistake.

Thanks...

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24-11-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikestark1284
Ok, in all seriousness..I hope the title got somebodies attention. I am not going to ask anything at all except input as to if anybody notices or sees anything out of the ordinary with the moon as of late (within the past 2 years). I would appriciate people who are knowledgable and serious only....no flaming or poking fun at some silly typo or spelling mistake.

Thanks...

and yes..I do notice I spelled an item or 2 wrong....

...any takers?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mikestark1284

Hey Mike!

Welcome!

I would appriciate people who are knowledgable and serious only....no flaming or poking fun at some silly typo or spelling mistake.

Kinda asking a lot here...

Care to elaborate on what is "out of the oridnary"...? I can think of a few things, but that may only skew your thread...

Please tell us what YOU think is going on with the Moon...

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Well since October 2006 it has changed from my perception. I have been a Moon lover/watcher all of my life and I noticed on October 5th 2006 a dramatic change in the design on the 'face' of the moon.

Is this what you mean? Or that it is running in a slightly different orbit?

Let me know if I am hitting on what you think.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

Hello...and thank you...

Well, what I am talking about is the patterns as in the arc the Moon travels day after day (or doesnt), the pattern of the demarcation line (dont know what else to call it)...i.e. horizontal or vertical etc.

Does anyone knoe if there is a really good site that can provide the
"correct" location of the moon relative to a position on Earth and the Moon's "correct" appearance?

THanks for the reply...

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thanks for the reply as well!!

I actually dont study the face of the moon so much, but yes the pattern of the orbit, and how its "lit up"..

for example...I observed the Moon one night with a perfectly Vertical line and on the next it was Horizontal...how can that be?

..I have also observed the Moon NOT move in an arc accross the sky..just sat in the East all night...sounds CrAzY huh? it did move...but only id say 15 to 20 degrees at most..

...I gonna catch FLAK for even posting this...but rest assured Im not "smoking" anything..I am actually a Peace Officer...so...I dont do that...

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
All I can notice is that it seems to have gotten a lot closer than before.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikestark1284
reply to post by chapter29

Does anyone knoe if there is a really good site that can provide the
"correct" location of the moon relative to a position on Earth and the Moon's "correct" appearance?

THanks for the reply...

You can download a little program called 'Stellarium' www.stellarium.org... it will give you a real time mapping of the moon and other bodies. I have found it very easy to use and useful.
Hope this helps

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

Really? seems the same size to me. If it got closer, then the tides would be more extreme and that is something we would definately notice here in the UK.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I have also noticed a difference in the moon. I noticed a couple years ago but most everyone on ATS will attribute this to common science. The same science most use when they really don't understand the answer but want to seem intelligent. Although I don't know the answer as to how the mechanics of the moon have changed, I think the answer lies with what the moon is verse why it fluctuates. It may be a physics matter as to why from one night to the next the angle of the terminator changes, but to the degree that it is changing is peculiar. The fact that the moon seems to shift its rise from the east to the west in the matter of one night is bizarre. These are things that most sheeple will not notice and even fewer will question. I wander what makes our moon so different than the moons around other planets. Maybe there is a deeper meaning to the light and the dark.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Well since October 2006 it has changed from my perception. I have been a Moon lover/watcher all of my life and I noticed on October 5th 2006 a dramatic change in the design on the 'face' of the moon.

Is this what you mean? Or that it is running in a slightly different orbit?

Let me know if I am hitting on what you think.

Crazy you say that, around the same time, I cant say the month but for sure 06, I was asking all sorts of people if they noticed the face looking slightly different. Weird. I know for a fact it looks different to me than it did as a younger chap, who knows, maybe its a perception thing.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mikestark1284

Like the sun, the moon rises higher and lower in the sky depending on the season.

top topics

join