It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: The Sarah Palin Turkey Massacre

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Video: The Sarah Palin Turkey Massacre

www.rinf.com

Alaska Governor Sarah Palin pardoned a turkey Thursday ahead of the Thanksgiving holiday but another turkey didn't fare as well.

The governor was being interviewed by a local Television news station while the work of the Triple-D Farm and Hatchery continued.

That's when Governor Palin found herself in a less than desirable spot for the interview.
More..
Just minutes after pardoning one turkey, a farm worker begaqn processing another turkey just a few feet behind her... plainly visible in the background of the video.

Governor Palin was told by the photographer what was going on behind her and allowed the interview to continue.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
uk.youtube.com

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
What the hell is wrong in wanting a Turkey for Thanksgiving? These kind of videos if they were from John Doe American would not have raised an eyebrow.

Sarah Palin has as much right to eat Turkey as Obama. By no way is it a massacre although vegeterians may disagree.

Sarah Palin put an honest face in from of the Americans, too bad it did not work out

www.rinf.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Ok, she was interviewed with what appears to be (IMO) some slow-wit behind her (yes, I know his job). Best choice of background? (No, the producer of the piece should be beaten with sticks), but why was it her fault? I'm not a supporter of her, bu be fair for Godsakes!

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

what the *snip*? that's disgusting why couldn't they have moved the interview over a few feet to the left ... it took away from the interview ... i don't care who's being interviewed there is no need to watch an animal being slaughtered in the background .... seriously they should have just moved the interview ... i'm sure she's going to get criticized harshly by animal right activists, but that whole thing kinda made me sick just watching it ... i didn't even watch the interview itself

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Jon stewart should have a field day with this one

ell-oh ell

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I agree, not the best place for an interview. But where was an animal "slaughtered" in the video? I missed it evidentely.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
It is like saying I wont eat beef because an animal is slaughtered. End of McDonalds?

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Again. where did you see an animal killed?
I see inanimate objects (just to avoid a 1 line post)

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Whats the big deal? Was it child abuse when my dad used to tell me to go get a chicken from the chicken house and slaughter it? We are predators people! Hamburger, turkey, bacon, and chicken doesn't grow on trees you softies! This is what "man" work is, not carrying the big bundles of papers in your sterile office environment. I for one can appreciate a woman who thinks nothing of it.

[edit on 23-11-2008 by CreeWolf]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
This is so hilarious!

She first bought a turkey and set it free for public relations and then unknowingly had an interview immediately afterwords directly in front of a turkey with its head cut off! Brilliant choice in candidacy GOP. Can't imagine how you lost the election.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Thanx Creewolf! We obviously grew up in the same type of environment. I remember as a kid (long time ago!) rounding up chickens for my grandfather.
Does that make us bad people?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I think we all are missing the point.....

It's not about killing a bird for dinner, I think most of us can understand that sort of thing has to be done.

But she knowingly stood there while it was being done.

There is a lot of unpleasant things that have to be done , but stand there like a dummy, and conduct an interview is just damn hilarious!!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by scooterstrats
I remember as a kid (long time ago!) rounding up chickens for my grandfather.
Does that make us bad people?

No. But its a retarded backdrop for an interview.

Especially after she just "saved" one. (It'll probably just got axed the next day)

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
It wasn't "retarded". I wish she'd had saved that turkey, THEN went over and helped that guy slaughter a couple more! Political Correctness needs to die, as well as the "sterilized" images. Just because one turkey is saved doesn't mean the slaughtering stops!

Anyone want to go deer hunting with me this year? Bring a ladder, a camera, and a reporter. We'll have to climb the trees to pick the deer meat!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
....And have you ever worked for a TV producer who's insane (IMO)? I have. But who controls the whole scene? If you want to work, you do what they say.
If that's where the producer wanted the shot, that's where it was done. I've done many shots that I don't agree with, but the producer is the boss and gets paid more than me. Dumbass or not.

[edit on 11/24/08 by scooterstrats]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
she just got 50,000 more redneck votes.

embeds.blogs.foxnews.com...
www.independent.ie...
www.urlfan.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The producer will "direct" the talent to wherever they feel best represents the shot. The "talent" (in this case Palin) just goes wherever the producer wants.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I am so glad I am a vegan. It is horrible that a poor animal must die in such a way. Since we cannot kill all the meat eaters, we should at least find a way to kill the animals in a more humane manner.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Ok, people, come on.

Are we seriously making a big deal out of this? Ask yourself why you care that a turkey was being handled in the background.

The fact that she was just letting things continue as NORMAL around her is respectable and realistic.

She was on a turkey farm. That's what happens. Let it go and concentrate on what's important instead of getting sucked up in something like this which is so reminiscient of what the mainstream news tries to do to us.

It's working, by the way.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

There aren't many ways I can think of that would be more humane without making the food toxic.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join