It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: The Sarah Palin Turkey Massacre

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf
It wasn't "retarded". I wish she'd had saved that turkey, THEN went over and helped that guy slaughter a couple more! Political Correctness needs to die, as well as the "sterilized" images. Just because one turkey is saved doesn't mean the slaughtering stops!

I think everyone is aware that we slaughter a bunch of turkeys around thanksgiving. I don't even think slaughtering turkeys is a matter of political correctness. Racial issues are matters of political correctness, sexism issues are matters of political correctness. Everybody eats turkey. Except vegetarians, and who cares what they think. (I was a vegetarian for a few years, it didn't work for me.)

Seriously, its a retarded backdrop for an interview, and I say that as someone who took tv-production in high school. The background is not supposed to distract the audience from the interviewee. That producer should be (and probably was) fired.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

So your saying kill meat eaters... so far today I ate beef chicken and pork and would have some baby seal but I'm all out.

I think those turkeys didn't feel much. Quick decapitation. Very humane.

Just a great vid for all the kiddies to watch.... Pahlin=dummy

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
I am so glad I am a vegan. It is horrible that a poor animal must die in such a way. Since we cannot kill all the meat eaters, we should at least find a way to kill the animals in a more humane manner.

Where did the video "kill the animals"? I missed that part.
Please enlighten me.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by scooterstrats
The producer will "direct" the talent to wherever they feel best represents the shot. The "talent" (in this case Palin) just goes wherever the producer wants.

Yeah I couldnt help but think that the producer and interviewer had her stand there on purpose in an effort to make her look bad or silly.

The video is so bad that its funny. She knews what was going on behind her. Im surprised she didnt take a few steps to the left and force them to move the camera away from that shot.

But hey, Atleast John Stewart has some new material to work with.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

So you wouldn't mind dying that way? They were squirming you know, meaning they were scared. You would be squirming too. But it is humane because it can't talk and post on message boards.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
There is no convincing someone who doesn't agree that it is ok to kill turkeys to eat them.

Let people eat their turkeys, please.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
"The background is not supposed to distract the audience from the interviewee. That producer should be (and probably was) fired."

I agree. Not from high school, but from actual professional TV experience where I got paid (#e that it was). I agree it wasn't the best backdrop, but you probably didn't have a producer who can fire you breathing down your neck either! Part of the reason I'm out of that field.

How do I use the quote thing?

[edit on 11/24/08 by scooterstrats]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
[

I have personally killed animals to eat them.

I have killed both chickens and turkeys... to eat them.

I've seen both turkeys and chicken as you put it "squirm" after the heads have bee loped off.

It's nature, It's the cycle of life these animals never die of old age in nature, they get killed. They get eaten. They know, it's part of there instincts. All their defense mechanisms,actions and behaviors are based on protecting themselves from predators. So genetically they are already programmed to be eaten. All animals are except for the predators themselves.

here's another fact of nature....Pahlin=dummy

[edit on 24-11-2008 by wrathchild]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by wrathchild

It is said that even plants can "feel" and have an awareness of their existence and environment. Is it right to kill plants then? What do we eat then?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
maybe some of those Haitian mud cookies.....

sounds good

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The video wasn't about turkeys, thanksgiving, or even eating meat.
It was a lame attempt by Palin to try and show what a compassionate human being she is and somehow show she is
still viable as candidate for higher office.

When in fact the video showed her for the fool and hypocrite she is. Anyone that would hire such
incompetent PR people must have their head so far up their ....never mind.
This was a great example of Palins leadership, planning and self promotional abilities. If it wasn't so funny, it would almost be sad to watch Palin self destruct. A beautiful woman becoming a parody of herself, becoming nothing more than a source of comedy for late nite and not so late nite comedians. She is the perfect figure head for the current GOP.

Perhaps the new idol of the "Virgil turkey killer" will replace "Joe the Plumber"

In some surreal way it seems very appropriate.

[edit on 24-11-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny

It is said that even plants can "feel" and have an awareness of their existence and environment. Is it right to kill plants then? What do we eat then?

Who eats plants? I only eat plant products

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
You sure she was talking about the bird?

lol... nevermind, I'm just being a smart***.

I pardon Turkey... but I will be eating that nation for dinner tomorrow!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Enjoy your dinner tomorrow, whatever the @#$% you're talking about.
Please make a point, and if you can't, at least make sense please.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

You can look at it another way. Us meat eaters only eat animal "products". No matter how one tries to sterilize the terminology it's all the same thing. We as living beings require matter from other living things (plant or animal) to survive. To deny that simple fact is ignorance.

...at least until Star Trek style replicators come around that is.

Back on topic. The interview was fine. I still fail to see anything being killed on camera though. That one turkey was "pardoned". All this interview really was, is a humorous publicity stunt. Get a sense of humor people. Do you really think that anyone cares about poor helpless "Trevor the Turkey" being pardoned? No. They care whether or not he'll taste good on the dinner table.

[edit on 11/24/2008 by ShAuNmAn-X]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Palin’s handlers must really hate her. The DJ phone call and now this? Someone close to her is out to get her. They always put her in the worst situations that gain negative attention.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Nobody escapes the ridicule of the mainstream media, nobody. It is as simple as that: ridicule.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
That's hilarious, unless you are the turkeys in the background. What a poor choice for an interview location. For those blaming Palin, it's not like she was the one who chose that precise video backdrop.

Too funny.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

So you wouldn't mind dying that way? They were squirming you know, meaning they were scared. You would be squirming too. But it is humane because it can't talk and post on message boards.

Excuse me, vegan nazi, can you please be tolerant of the lifestyle choices of others? Not everyone has to do what you do, and since you've made the choice to be vegan you can sit back and be happy with yourself knowing that you've made a difference by making the demand for turkey lower, and thus cheaper, for me.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I think it is hilarious. Being a poultry eater, I have no issues with what has to be done. However it highlights her hubris -- for real.

This woman can't even buy a clue!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join