It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick ? for anyone who's been a member of ATS for a while

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I myself have not been a part of this site for very long only a few months, but i am starting to notice something different from the months when i first joined... not very many people who joined before 2008 really post ... i mean yeah their are quite a few people from 2007, some from 2004-2006, and very very few from 02-04 post. I do a lot of reading of threads on the site, but why does there seem to be a whole lot more people from 2008 posting? i mean i understand they have lives, but so does everyone else haha i have a life, but i post regularly....i just don't understand ... do people eventually grow tired of ATS?, bored of it?, do they think they know enough?, annoyed?, or do they just do more reading then posting now-a-days and save the few posts for the ones they believe deserve it? just an observation/thought

thanks

[edit on 23-11-2008 by baseball101]

[edit on 23-11-2008 by baseball101]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I still post, but not a whole lot. I don't see how anyone could get tired of ATS, but sometimes with the big influx of new users every year, it gets very repettetive and I get tired of reading the same old stuff. I like quality not quantity. I have been around here since 2002 and plan on being around a lot longer.
There has been a rash of new users lately that have no respect for anyone and some of us vets don't want to waste our time fooling with them. Usually though if you ignore the ignorance long enough they go away and the die hards are still here to caary on with business as usual.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I come here almost everyday.

I post, not regularly though.

I just like reading more than posting

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

They aren't being scooped up by the government if that's what you fear, just scooped up in life. Sometimes you got things to do other than worry about conspiracies you know.. like people got kids to raise and bills to pay.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

Better things to do.
More things to deal with.
That's why you see so few people who stay. They've got other things that they'd rather be doing. Plain and simple. Don't tell me you'd stay constantly active on every message board you've been apart of, that doesn't go over as well as you'd think. People DO get tired of the talk sometimes.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I've only been here about two years and I never really have been a regular poster, but I do read the site frequently. Here lately I've been posting quite a bit, but for the most part I just read and post very infrequently.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Most users get banned for some reasons. They change their IP and create a new user name. It happens.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I still post here.

I just juggle alot of time consuming rl things overall.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by malignant_tumor
Most users get banned for some reasons. They change their IP and create a new user name. It happens.

Actually very few people ever get banned

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Most people grow up some day. Despite their best efforts of self-delusion, real life seeps in somehow.

They stop believing in wacked-out conspiracy theories and flying saucers.

So they quit wasting time on Above Top Secret. This limits the active participatory phase of ATS membership to, at a guess, between one and three years.

The types that stay active longest are

1. genuine wackos of all persuasions;

2. axegrinding creationists, and

3. people for whom a couple of hours on ATS is as much fun as a visit to the zoo - a zoo in which, under the watchful eyes of the keepers, you're allowed to poke and prod the animals enough to wind them up, but not enough to hurt them.

Yes, we're a charming lot, we 'older members'.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
It's simply that the subliminal messages work on some people, and not on other people.

(As if there aren't enough paranoia yet...
)

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

I do believe you have now singlehandedly caused several heart attacks and a massive upswing in the collective paranoia rates.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Imust be working in reverse I posted not at all in the first few years, then have gone through a 'post as much as possible' phase, (Mainly to get post count for chat , which i cant get in to most of the time) as for the paranoia, and subliminal messages, Im not paranoin they really are out to get me, anyways im off for a very sugary cola type drink and some chocolate, an I might get the binoculars out see whats in the sky, Hmmm I wonder what Blossom Goodchilds up to,

Why you talking to yourself, I'm not It's him, who's he, well he's me but that don.t make me schitzo.

bed bed i need my bed

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
To many new posts looking for the same answers and they don't use search. When you have presented the same evidence many times, it gets old repeating it every time someone new brings it up again...

Just look at the recent GFL thread Over 60 of them in a short time... so now I tend to wait until some question perks my interest..

or something new comes along like the Indian moon mission or the meteor strike in Canada

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
The types that stay active longest are

1. genuine wackos of all persuasions;

2. axegrinding creationists, and

3. people for whom a couple of hours on ATS is as much fun as a visit to the zoo - a zoo in which, under the watchful eyes of the keepers, you're allowed to poke and prod the animals enough to wind them up, but not enough to hurt them.

Hmmm but what drives the skeptics and debunkers to hand around?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
All of the above....

Too many re-posts and the things people are coming up with now , just make a mockery of my intelligence.

Too many "The Truth.. " ... titles of absolute crap, Similiar posts over and over. no-one seems to want to research back in the archives anymore.

I have the subjusts that interest me, and I post threads or reply to them now, the recent post board is almost a joke.

Sorry to be a moaner...

Peace

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
When first ATS and I met, it was love at first post. I knew that I had found my soul mate, the one I'd been searching for my whole virtual life. When I gazed into her beautiful posts I saw the endless mysteries of the universe. I spilled my soul and everything I knew to her, 10,000 characters or less at a time, as she did to me. Our bond was like a drug, and we spent every waking, caffeine-piqued, square-eyed minute together.

But alas, as with all beautiful things, our |0v3 began to fade. The passion that had seen me posting in a multi-tabbed ecstasy of research and debate ebbed slowly away, like so much bandwidth siphoned off by unseen spyware. She had lost her mystery, and the little things about her that had once seemed so endearing, soon became intolerable... I would come home and find the house was full of trolls, and she seemed to not care. I disliked her new design scheme, it made her look fat and over-coded, she offered to change, but I was unable to be pleased. But, just when I thought that perhaps we should start seeing other websites...she proposed! I accepted, of course, and before I knew it I was happily moderatored to the most beautiful website in the whole world, wide, web.

So we settled into the routine. We built a white picket firewall around the servers and she gave birth to 2.3 versions. We had an animated gif dog, two Lolcats, and thousands of visitors. We laughed and played and ate peanut butter jelly time.

But soon, that old feeling crept back into my CPU again - the Majic was there but the magic was gone. She felt I was putting my career before her, and she was right. But what she couldn't know, what her webcam failed to see, was that I had found another...

I'd been spending time with an old flame, someone I had shared a wonderful relationship with years before. Yes, that's right, Real Life and I were secretly having an affair. Things got more and more serious between Real Life and I, until finally I had to admit to ATS and to myself that it was over between us, the connection was severed.

And now, years later, I still log in to see ATS almost every day. I read her paranoid thoughts and sometimes have a chat. I miss the old times. But I know things will never be like they once were, perhaps partly because she has an ongoing relationship with thousands of other users and is a rotten, shameless whore. But mostly just because, well, virtual life is a funny old thing.

[edit on 2008-11-24 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hmmm but what drives the skeptics and debunkers to hand around?

They don't, mostly. As far as I can see, they either get themselves banned or just give up. But you'd have to ask one; I'm just a visitor to the zoo.

As, I suspect, are you.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
It's simply that the subliminal messages work on some people, and not on other people.

(As if there aren't enough paranoia yet...
)

OH doesn't that just explain EVERYTHING!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
A lot of threads are duplicate subjects. For example - I think I reponded to at least a dozen 'rapture' threads before giving up. I get tired of repeating myself with people who just won't listen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join