It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mormons release SHTF survival list to members

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
you could always eat people....

It cant really be that differnt from bacon right? Theres gonna be alot of bodies laying around.

maybe post some tips for safe canabalism. Just would seem more effective.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
If your interested I created a blog about self reliance and emergency preparedness. Its free and hope usefull to all. I welcome feedback. I am not a survivalist and don't mention guns and ammo...sorry folks. Just easy to follow ideas. While I am a religous person, no one has a monoploy on being prepared. Let me know what you think.

emergencypreparednessnow.blogspot.com...

Be Prepared!

Gist

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Great post - not a mormon but they're long time doomers ...

cooking oil, aka vegetable oil, doesn't last very long and can go bad. I'm not certain how to store it.

A good cooking oil, provided you don't mind the taste, is coconut oil. It has a much longer shelf life than most (up to two years) and is quite nutritious.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by VelmaLu

Getting to know the LDS in your community might be a good move. They operate canneries, food banks for their members and are very self-reliant.

Sounds to me like a self serving motive. I really detest users.

Most are good, decent folks who are focused on their family and communities.

Yes, their families do seem to be unusually close.

Ben Bistline, described as a community historian and former FLDS member, was quoted:

“Ninety percent of the [FLDS] community is related to one side or the other. They claim to be the chosen people, the chosen few. And their claim is they marry closely to preserve the royal bloodline, so to speak.”

blog.mrm.org...

They would be great to establish a barter system.

They probably will not be "allowed" to barter with anyone outside of "their own" in a time of crisis. Again, a self-serving idea and using people.

There is an urban legend among the Mormons that the US will one day collapse the Church will step in to run the country.

Won't that be a mess! Many people will be thrown to the streets for their ecclestical crimes. Homosexuals, adulterers, sabbath breakers, those who ask too many questions and do not blindly follow church dictates, etc. will be the modern day lepers who will not be entitled to homes or food.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by Alethea]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I have only one survival tip, carry enough guns and ammo and you don't have to store a thing...you just go take what ya need

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
This list is only the basics. Mormons are pro gun and many know how to hunt so if you look there list contains no meat.
That is to be supplemented when the time comes by hunting and from cattle of church members. Yes there are many large ranches own by Mormons in Nevada and Utah. plus smaller ranches and farms in other parts of the country.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
The Mormons have been publishing lists and booklets like this for a long time. I'm not Mormon, but I have here on my bookshelf a similar, rather tattered old version published by the LDS in the 1970s.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldunquist
If I'm not mistaken, the Mormons have always told their members to be prepared like this. Seems like a good idea IMHO Wish I had the storage area for a years supply of food.

Just to add to your point;

the infamous 'Donner Party' (where the survivors engaged in cannibalism)
is loosely connected with Mormons.. this from Wikipedia DonnerParty->

The route the Donner Party blazed into the Salt Lake Valley via Emigration Canyon was used the following year by the vanguard company of Mormon pioneers. The section from Fort Bridger to the valley became part of the Mormon Trail and remained the main route to Salt Lake City into the 1860s.

i guess the Mormons themselves later decided that resorting to cannibalism was not an option---hence the long standing Morman tradition for each family unit to store foodstuffs

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
as for the "appartment dwellers", that would be me and I wish it was different already.
Storage is a huge problem. It surprised me aswell how much you need for only a couple of months. My bedroom closset is filled up, I have water stored under my bed and still what I have, which seems much, is only good for maybe a month, maybe even less.

second problem, for the "city dwellers",
personally, I wouldn't know how to make bread from raw ingredients. Never learned it. I wouldn't know how to kill and clean a chicken, wouldn't even know if I could kill something to eat. So for me it is canned food mainly... and meds and cheap cigarettes, these will trade well when shtf.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

And I've been rinsing my 2 liter pop bottles out and filling them with water. This water would be fine for cooking and washing. Probably ok for drinking too at least for several months.

i've heard on that Sunday news show with that elder Medical Doctor that answers health questions....
is that he recommends that plastic water bottles not be reused,
it has something to do with a certain type of plastic used (something with Ps Os & Bs ???)

i'm going to do some web searching now
to clarify it for myself, BUT, i nolonger refill the store bought water bottles with my PUR filtered water any longer...i only recycle the bottles with PUR filtered water for my plants, not myself.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
I have only one survival tip, carry enough guns and ammo and you don't have to store a thing...you just go take what ya need

Real bad strategy.

Earlier in the thread, someone above talked about eating people (aka long pig). Your strategy will most likely mean people will be feasting on your body at the end of the day. :-)

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Ill also chime in and say this has been something the LDS have always done, my mum and dad are LDS, and I guess i still am having grown up in the church... i just don't go to church anymore (inactive), and ive dropped some of the beliefs, but they have some good common sense stuff, this store cupboard programme is one of them.

Our family currently has at least 6 months food in a special built (hidden) storage area, lots of canned baked Beans, canned fruit, tomatoes/corn/mushrooms, Tuna/Mackeral and the like, pasta sauce as well, along with about 80, 2 litter bottles of water, personally i don't like keeping the bottles since there's that old issue of plastic contamination. Also its good to rotate and use the food regulary, since it isnt completely nonperishable. Also have a few shelves full of Cat food... gotta remember your pets
, cats are good since they can live on wildlife if it gets tough.

Also got a butt load of rice... unfortunately due to the way my parents stored the stuff we got a major mouse infestation which we've finally got under control thanks to 9 cats and alot of cleaning and resorting... unfortunately the mice ruined stacks of rice
which we are slowly replacing).

Get your self large plastic containers with good lids and put your bags of rice/wheat in those, helps with stacking and keeps moisture and pests out... mice will eat plastic bags and sacks no sweat, metal containers are also good with good tight lids. Also make sure to check your wheat and rice regulary... alot of rice/wheat these days is packed with weevils and moths in em, since ive opened many an uncompromised bag to find it littered with a number of dead and alive weevils. Also you never know when a bag might root r mold up for some reason and it will ruin all the rest.

The sad thing is, id say a good 90% of LDS members will not do anything like this. In my country the members think a weeks food is fine and their ideas of what sort of food to store is mind boogling stupid. My mother is/was head of our wards store cupboard programme, even the bishop for our ward didnt really have a clue about it, although mum just from her up bringing alone is heavily into this sort of thing.

Also i wouldnt go telling people about your food storage... i mean think about when the SHTF do you really want every one descending on your families emergency food because they where to lazy to prepare? a years worth of food for a typical family wont last a week if people find out youve got it and they want it also. Not to mention in those situations its more likely people will take it at the point of a gun...

So best to be safe and keep it mum. And start today, since tomorrow might be the day TSHF and then your in the poo

Edit:- also forgot... do NOT store anything in cardboard boxes or plastic bags, mice if they get in turn those materials into nests over night, better to keep your shelves open, a box on a shelf becomes a mouse hotel... and nothing corrodes metal faster than mouse pee. Nothing like having to kill and destroy over 80 mice and 10+ nests including infants to make you rethink things.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
...personally, I wouldn't know how to make bread from raw ingredients. Never learned it. I wouldn't know how to kill and clean a chicken, wouldn't even know if I could kill something to eat. ...

I agree with Gypsk, a house full of food storage doesn't do you much good if you don't know how to make it last (prepare it).

I'm sure the authors who came up with these list must have had a plan. Did they create a cook book to go with it? If not, does anyone know where to get something that would work?

And it seems to me that if one is going to store a years supply of food, they would want to store food they actually eat. Does anyone who is a mormon or knows any Mormons actually eat the items they store on a daily basis?

And like Gypsk, I'm about to become an apartment dweller. So a years supply is out, but due to recent ice storms in the area over the past few years, a month or two supply might not be uncalled for since some people were without power for up to 3 weeks. Of course, I'll have to figure out how and learn to cook what I have.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I'm not a mormon but from what I hear they are pretty serious about their 2nd amendment rights, add that to their zeal for survival food and I think we are looking at our future masters! Oh well they always seemed really nice to me..

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

About the oil going rancid quickly.You could use the old oil for making soap!At least this way it would still have some use.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

***snip***
Getting to know the LDS in your community might be a good move. They operate canneries, food banks for their members and are very self-reliant.***snip***

Yep. Get to know who and where they are.
If you don't have the storage space yourself, then you can make plans for your raids.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join