It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaving the USA

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
1. Darkprojekt- Don't even compare that to Lake Eerie. Just...don't. Ew.

2. Insite- Out west and out east are two very different places. Calgary is frankly the ONLY city for hundreds of miles around, and so has to look south for influences. Cultural identity is an issue there. However, in Ontario and Quebec, people tend to be quite different. Especially quebec... so visit Ontario. If you want small-town life, visit Sudbury. Gorgeous and remote. If you want bright lights, visit Toronto or Montreal.

And as for the whole world becomign like the US- you'll find that statement meets iwth a lot of resentment hereabouts. Plus, we're not the ones with a big target on our from porch.

DE

Typical east coast ignorance. How is Calgary the only City for hundreds of miles? Ever look at a map besides Ontario? You are forgeting Edmonton(pretty big place) and many other cities and town in that radius. Oh and another majot city you may have heard of, Vancouver. And just because Alberta isn't full of Liberlas doesn't mean we look south, we just don't look east. You should try coming here instead of getting all your info from biased Liberal newspapers and Martin. You are right about one thing, Quebec is different. Its a French racist provinces with no English signs. They have a Nazi language police that inspect work places for english writings.

Move to Vancouver. No snow, beautiful city and a nice mix of people.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Those of you who are leaving, best of luck, and I truely hope you find what you are looking for. Just remember this: The grass is not always greener on the other side of that fence.

We who are staying will continue to protect our country as best we can, with the means we have available, which are by no means inconsiderable. The best way to prevent the abuses of power that have, are, and will occur is by being involved in the process. That means getting off your apathetic, whiney, little butts and getting involved in the process. Going to city council meetings, instead of staying home to watch Seinfeld reruns, or whatever; and make a nuiesence of yourself. One person can't make a difference is a bunch of cowpoo. If enough one persons raise a ruccus, well then, it ain't one person, its a movement. Ghandi was one man, Jesus was one man, Bhudda, Martin Luther, Martin Luther King Jr., and many others were all one man or woman. They inspired, they rebelled, they fomented change. We can all do that.

Running away from America because you don't like the direction the country is headed is a mistake. For love? OK, you got me there, I'd leave too, best of luck with that.

If you won't stand and fight for the country where your ancestors came, and your family lives, what will you stand and fight for? By standing and fighting, I don't refer only to whipping out the huntin' rifle and doing battle with the evil forces of the NWO (whoever they are). I am refering to all of us using the political means available to us all. To give teeth to our will we must indeed be willing to fight with whatever weapon is available and necessay at the time, up to and including the old huntin' rifle. It isn't that time yet.

My family has been in this land for upwards of 250+ years, we've fought and bled for the ideals that this country stands for. No, it doesn't always live up to those ideals, but what other country castigates itself like we do for failing to live up to those ideals. What other country on Earth attracts people who are willing to die to get here for a chance to experiance those ideals? I think you'll look long and hard and not find a one. Some may come close, but America is the only one that actually attempts to live up to those standards. No, I think I'll stay and do what I can to fix the problems. I owe it to my family, both my generation, and those that came before me, not to mention those that follow.

As imperfect as America is, I'll stay, because warts and all, America suits me like no other land could.

Grady. Your quote of Emma Lazerus poem was very apt. Thanks for reminding me of it.

[edit on 15-5-2006 by seagull]

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Well, we could gag and tie up the people who are causing the world problems and blast them off into space. Let them fight over oil, prozac, terrorism, and all the other poison somewhere else. Give them some nukes, and say, "have fun." Meanwhile, the good people of this planet will get on with living life.

Actually, even the worste of people aren't beyond change, but I say to the real troublemakers of the world, take your crap somewhere else, untill you are ready to act like civilized humans. If you want an oil war, if you want to drug people into robots, and terrorize the world, then bathe in oil and drug your own damn selves. Don't drag the better portion of the world into it.

Troy

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Every country in the world is imperfect dont think they arn't cause they are... WoW I did not kow it was getting this bad over in the USA thats making some of yous wanting to leave... Unlike some of you's I would stay where I was and fight for my country... if I was forced too...

aye if you wanna go somewhere come to the highlands of scotland the airs fresher the water is fresher(only thing to look out for is them damm Flying Haggises
:lol

Hell what amd I talking about we are getting our freedoms taken away over here also ( We are All doomed.)

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
This is my home and I have no intentions of leaving. I love my home and will fight for it.

What will be left to fight for, The chance to keep
your shoe's and socks or maybe be able to have a drink of water
when you want it? Because everything else is already being ripped away from us.
Did you know that there's TOP ranked military officials, Vary well known news reporters leaving this country right now or already left.
If we don't get out now in a year maybe less we'll all probably be dead
or glowing green at the vary least!
Come on people OPEN your eyes this country is as good as gone just like I will be in 3 months! HOTAMITEE

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
playing you like a fiddle arent they.....get out of america its dangerous!!!!

mean while they crowd in through the backdoor to take your place.

your playing right into la raza's hands and other groups.

and those rich liberal snobs that move to france are usually back soon.

dont let them morons tell you your in any imminent danger. just stick to your guns and your land, it worked for our ancestors.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
if the NWO is really as powerful as people say it is, then the whole world will be under it's influence so fleeing the US is stupid because it'll be the same wherever you go.
Now, for people who think the whole NWO thing is a bunch of hooey(like me), there's really nothing to worry about. Why would I leave the country I love and my friends and family to go live in a real repressed society? People that have never lived anywhere else(not just travelled somewhere, but actually lived/owned property/worked for a living, etc), don't understand what freedom is. I've lived for extended periods of time in 3 countries besides the united states, and Americans have NO IDEA how good they have it. Everything from freedom of the press to basic services is way better here than the places I've been. Now there are some places with good infrastructure, Japan and England among them, but for my dollar you just can't beat the good US of A.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
As we like to say in Edmonton, the best thing to come out of the east is the sun.

Best Regards

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Defending ones country is the duty of all of its citizens, and I don't mean picking up the sword, or pistol, and getting froggy with it.

Seriously, one can help protect your country in so many, many ways. Voting comes to mind immediately; political involvement at the grassroots is so very important for the continuation of America, by fleeing whereever, you are merely giving the victory to "them", whoever "them" is. The greatest enemy to our nation is not the illegal immigrants, or Al Queda, or the boogeyman of the moment, the greatest enemy of our country is our own apathetic unwillingness to be involved in our own communities. Not just political involvement either, though that is important.

Involvement in cultural activities is at least as important as being involved in politics. Cultural activities stimulate the mind, heart, and soul of the individual involved, and a stimulated mind is a mind that will not bow to apathy, and hense to the winds of whatever political or societal stormfront currently blowing through.

An apathetic society is one that is on its way to the grave. Over the next few years, or decades, we as Americans must see our way clear of this apathy, and begin to reclaim our nation from those who would use that apathy against us. Those would be longterm politicians who don't want to lose their positions of power. Corporate powerbases who hate the very idea of answering to the consumer. The entertainment heirarchy who seem to despise the very notion of originality, in favor of the same old same old.

We, as the little guy in America, if we were to rise up as one, could indeed make changes that would alter the character of America to the one that we think, and pray, she should be. All it will take is a little courage and fortitude. As FDR so eloquently put it, and I paraphrase here, "All's we have to fear...is fear itself". It's as true now, as it was back in the darkest days of the Depression. The power to change things for the better lies within all of us...if we are willing to look for it.

Not sure if I made my point clear or not. Oh well, I'll try again if neccessary.

[edit on 20-5-2006 by seagull]

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
As I near retirement, I've often wondered where the safest place to live might be
and where one might be able to survive comfortably on $12,000 per year retirement pay.

Not too cold, not too hot with reasonable shelter, clean uninteruptible water
and some reasonable food source.

If you believe the Bible, that the meek shall inherit the earth, then where exactly
are we talking about?

I assume it will be a place where corporations and military have little interest.
What if all retirement pay goes into default? I'll be too old to work.
A place where nothing close will be a military target?

What in your opinion would be the top contenders for the new survival cities
in the event all hell breaks loose? The new capitols of meekdom?

I imagine a place with deep mountain caves and protected underground water supplies.
I'm not at all sure about food if we consider everything above ground will be
polluted.

Just a thought

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   

But at least you tried.

That is the difference

Ive been half following this thread, and i must speak out against this.

Standing and fighting to the death to protect your loved ones sounds good...right?

So what happens when you die heroically?

Your family and loved ones are butchered, just as if you laid down your life.

You cannot fight, you have to win. There is no other conclusion.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I hate this f*cking country and I'm definitely leaving. I'm going to Amsterdam. I won't stand being in a New World Order controlled country where the people have no rights or freedom, and the government is a perverse, out of control beast.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Sorry, I'll fight... Great Grandfather, Grandfather, Father, and myself all Marines...

Fight with Rocks you say... My family has done that

home.sprynet.com...

In times of change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot. — Mark Twain

It's tough to do what's right sometimes in the face of a couple hundred guys, unless your backed by thousands. If you want to run away, that's your right. America doesn't have a mandatory service policy. Run, hide, then what they come to your new country and butcher your family. I'm not gonna run, I'll stay and fight for my land just like lots of my brothers in arms. When we win and America is re-established as the land of the free you can come back from your hiding spots and enjoy the freedoms that real men died to give you. Just like it's been since 1776.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WeBDeviL

proof of laser cannons:
www.engadget.com. Hope that helps WeBDevil.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
im going to stay, fascists are scum, and have no home here. I remember a verse that says, "and the land shall vomit you out"..i like to see that as genocidal police state retards who wield tazers and guns on innocents. And apply laws that oppress and scheme towards wicked ends.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   
What if they pass a law soon or sooner that you won't be able to leave out of country?

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Reading througth this thread, I find it amazing how wimpy some have become. Instead of fighting for what they believe in, they want to cut and run to the hills, the hills of another nation. I ask, where you gonna go? Where do you think you'll be able to pursue your dreams?

I think Thomas Jefferson said that the only rights you have are the ones for which you are willing to fight, and this means bloodshed. I truly believe this. If you run, you've given up your chance at having any rights. You've turned your back on everyone who has fought to create a truly free nation for the past 200 years. Yes, people in the U.S. are losing their rights, and have been for quite some time, but to where in the world will you flee and expect to have anything close to the rights and freedoms you had enjoyed in the U.S.?

Things are going bad indeed, but it's not too late to fight the fight.

Freedom isn't easy, as U.S. history show us all.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I will stay and fight WTSHTF. This is a land built on guts, backbone, determination and bravery even against overwhelming odds. Besides, if you don't stop it here, soon you will run out of places to run and hide. Then what will you do?

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
to those who don't beleive in the NWO and thus feel the country will be fine; there does not have to be a "group" called a new world order, and you don't even have to recognize that many have been preparing and deciding how the "new economic world order" will be after the united states is no longer the title holder of the world reserve currency, which allows us to be a consumer economy instead of a producing nation.

how couragous will those w/ families feel when martial law is imposed, the constitution is suspended, and they come to get your guns ( like in katrina). you argue and get violent they will imprison you ( or shoot you).
Then what kind of predicament will you wife and children be in?

Ya stand up and fight (like we are in the 19'th century) that will work great
i am sincerely sorry for the sarcasm but in this technological age the comparisons to our "ancestors" and "george washington" are not applicable IMO

i feel for anyone in this predicament now, even if they want to shrug of the possibility that we are headed for a FINANCIAL crash combined with a SURGE in the cost of living (from price inflation rising on food, good's, and oil) as the DOLLAR has fallen to historical record low's for 7 days straight.

I don't know what area's may be "safe" perhaps iceland (it's beautiful and has a climate similiar to boston)

it is never cowardice if you leave the country to give your family a better chance of safety.

market psychology is the most under-rated characteristic in forecasting the future. it changes and fear takes hold of investor sentiment faster than you can tivo american idol. when it does, and foreigners pull out of dollar investments, it will become very scary. martial law and suspension of constitution is a real threat from a financial disaster. i would not bet against it. you may want to *give yourself or your family the option of a back up plan* and seriously think about where you could go

yes other country's are losing right's to. SO, we have been losing rights here and while it is horrible, as long as our standard of living is high and economy is good enough, we can enjoy our bread and circus's.

p.s maybe there is some part of human behavior that is CURIOUS ( like watching violence) and actually wants to stay around and see what happens when the SHTF

[edit on 29-9-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I keep hearing my ancestors built this country.

As if it was some gift from God.

They didn't build this country.

It was stolen from millions of indians owners.

Genocide extermination.

You hear about some famous indian groups still around sioux and so forth but never about the hundreds of tribes extinct and never able to talk.

How many millions they had to kill if you think Iraq is bad this is but a drop in the bucket compared to that.

And if you think Christopher Columbus found america in 1492.Your wrong.

When later on maps dating 2500 BC had maps of america drawn on Maritime Mapping and had longitude and latitude on it as well.

If someone has the story post it. Its drawn in Gold leaf an artist master piece.

Main stream media doesnt mention this at all.

I cant remember the name of the map of the top of my head.

Good god you are fooled.

This is the same thing they are doing in Iraq that gave us our beloved country.

What is real?

You are in a Matrix sorry.

Do you relize what this means They had Global mapping in 2500 bc that there was complex metalurgy to draw black ink into the document. Some techniques remnisent of advanced metal plating tech.

Clearly electricity had to have been used.

Do you relize that this is profound?

Written on some papers about the subject I read about it.

[edit on 29-9-2007 by infamouskiller]

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join