It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's confirmed: Matter is merely vacuum fluctuations

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

You're right, of course; if a child isn't gifted, no amount of parental effort is going to turn him into a genius.

I am assuming (as is only courteous), that the the son of the member whose post I replied really is as gifted as his father suggests.

And even if the poor kid isn't particularly gifted, training in the scientific method will help inculcate a certain outlook that, if good for nothing else, will at least be a sufficient vaccine against the kind of tripe you find so much of on ATS.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Temporarily off topic ...

Yes, he always asks these kind of questions. Unfortunately, I am usually working, I earn the bread. But most of the questions he asks, he asks my wife, and she is absolutely unable to answer his questions. He is interested in space and dinosaurs. I am going to try and see if he finds interests in physics, of course starting small. Oh yeah, he is also interested in geology. He shows interests in all the sciences, so I want to help him develop his interests. It's not like I'm pulling something out of the sky to push him that way. I'm not that kind of parent. I only want to nurture his already existing interests and skills. ps. and thanks for the reply

Now back on topic ...

If matter is only energy, would that not rewrite almost everything we know. I started thinking about it. I was picturing a heavy item as energy and thinking if it is just energy, then why can I not lift this heavy item, when it is not even really lifting, just moving energy. Maybe gravity is not what we thought it was, but gravity is more like a magnetic force, where energies are attracted to each other, and the higher density of energy within an item, the higher the attraction. Thus, we can not easily separate those two masses of energy.

See, I'm very interested in this, I just don't know much about it. But I like to read and question in my own way.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
When energy is in a matter state it has mass.... why it has this mass is the real question. Cern may find the answers to that enigmatic question.

According to some of the new agers however, you should be able to shape space time as welll as matter and energy to suit whatever purpose you may have. Im not very big on the whole meta-physical beliefe system yet it does have a certain appeal to those who believe the observer is mandatory in physics.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Lecter

Read "The Holographic Universe" by Michael Talbott.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

E=M

Conventional science has yet to gather simple facts. Time and space are functions of torque. In the case of our Universe… It’s continual torque in two directions (+ flow/ - flow). That makes matter/anti-matter/light nothing more than compressed energy. Here’s the theory in its complete form:

Unified Theory for the Universal Structure: System of Truth

blog.myspace.com...

Here’s the main profile: www.myspace.com...

Have fun doing the research!

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Matter is vacuum fluctuations at the Quantum level. That is an important word because everything that happens at the Quantum level is near unexplainable to modern day science.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Just been on another thread similar to this, so I thought I'd add this here, I found it on here a while ago and it is very interesting, so i thought people on here may be interested in it.

www.glafreniere.com...

A theory on how electrons are a wave function.

Very interesting I thought.

EMM

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join