It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arab plan explained in Hebrew ads

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Arab plan explained in Hebrew ads

news.bbc.co.uk

The Palestinian Authority has placed a full-page advert in Israel's Hebrew newspapers to promote an Arab peace plan first proposed in 2002.

The Saudi-backed initiative offers Arab recognition of Israel in exchange for an end to Israel's occupation of land captured in the 1967 Arab-Israeli war.

It also proposes what it calls a just solution for Palestinian refugees.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
third time this has been offerd to the Israelis
once by the arab league, second by the King of Jordan and now by the palestinians, except this time they have published it for the Israeli populace to see.

leave the occupied lands and they get security from all arab countries and full recognition with normal relations.

(which is what the Israelis want? same with the palestinians? ) not having to look over their backs every time they walk out the door.

israel gets what it wants security
and the palestinians get their homes back

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
So Israel gives up land taken in a defensive war against the Arabs and then what? Iran and its foreign legions disappear? Hisbollah and Hamas will still be on Israels border and their supplies from Iran will continue. I don't see what Israel has to gain from this apart from one step in the direction of national suicide.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
you know if we keep backing Israel up in some of the crap they do we keep flushing our good standings with the KSA Jordan and the rest of the middle east. one thing iv learned from talking to lots of people from over there is Israel is the real problem.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by neonine

I don't see what Israel is doing wrong. I mean all the Americans families did pretty much the same in the creation of their country.......... taking land to create a new state. Most Americans took land from the natives, I'm not saying it's right and I'm not saying it's wrong, it's just how countries are created.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
So Israel gives up land taken in a defensive war against the Arabs and then what?

You don't take land in a defensive war.

If you've taken land, you've been fighting an offensive war.

So yeah, the land Israel has taken from Palestine should be returned to Palestine.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
don't we have a slight problem with this lovely out come? didn't we give Israel all there weapons and i think we are supporting them every time they retaliate from getting attacked aren't we? correct me if I'm wrong please but in my eyes the US is part of the problem over there right now.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
..and so it continues.

Israel doesn't want a Palestinian state...ever! With each new year that this is dragged out, more Palestinian land is grabbed by Israel and given to settlers and it's happening all the time, we just don't see it reported by the MSM.

You only have to look at maps of Israeli / Palestinian territory going back a few decades to see how much has been stolen under the guise of "defence".

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Iran has nothing to do with it. Iran isn't an arab nation, it's persian. They speak Farsi not Arabic.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by neonine

the thing is the United states arms anyone it likes,
It armed Iran, China (even provided pilots, the tigers in its prime)
and so on.

either way the US will still get its arms contracts and be able to donate weapons to israel (i say donate as the US basicaly gives them the weapons through military aid)

from its arab counter parts and so on.

ufoorbhunter, big diffrence between taking land in defence
so one can create a buffer zone from it and its foes.

and planting settlements in areas which it claims to be for defencive purposes.

if this plan is implamented there would be no reason for defencive grounds.
as Israel would have full support and so forth from the people they are saying they have the land to protect them selves from.

as stated before there is a big diffrence on what you are stating.

full text in English

news.bbc.co.uk...

3. Consequently, the Arab Countries affirm the following:

a. Consider the Arab-Israeli conflict ended, and enter into a peace agreement with Israel, and provide security for all the states of the region.

b. Establish normal relations with Israel in the context of this comprehensive peace.

4. Assures the rejection of all forms of Palestinian patriation which conflict with the special circumstances of the Arab host countries.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
[edit on 20-11-2008 by all2human]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Sounds to me like one of revelations prophecys...

Its all hogwash, people fighting over lies... whats the point

Israel is defending a lost cause... a holy temple... one Christians recognize as a holy site also... to everyones surprise they are fighting over material which Jesus and God both did not like... Let the islamic people have the land I say... itll end up like Africa.. wastelands. Afraid of letting a positive human nature flourish...

This is old news to me

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Israel took the land in 1967 in a defensive war of last resort against Arab armies about to go on the offensive. Israel has been attacked numerous times by these Arab armies, lost many people in the process and now the losers want back the advantageous land. Israel would be mad to hand back this to people who have stolen Jewish money and property throughout the Middle East and North Africa.
Every Israeli understands that all their historical property is lost throughout the whole Middle East and North Africa. If Israel does give up all land taken in defensive wars against offensive Arab armies will the arabs hand back to Israel all the land and property confiscated from the expelled and persecuted Jews in their own countries?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Israel thinks its gods chosen people and can do what the hell it likes, they won´t give in till they are wiped out.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Sounds rather straight up to me.

Hopefull the populace of Israel will see it that way too.

I just hope Israel doesn't take a Cheney like position on this "It's got to be done my way or no way! Ranr!"

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

reply to post by neonine

I don't see what Israel is doing wrong. I mean all the Americans families did pretty much the same in the creation of their country.......... taking land to create a new state. Most Americans took land from the natives, I'm not saying it's right and I'm not saying it's wrong, it's just how countries are created.

Your pro-Zionist comments seem incredibly insensitive and inflammatory. Two wrongs usually don't make a right-especially not in this case. You're right- the current assemblage of nation-states around the world is predicated on the losses of many indigenous peoples. You said you don't see what Israel has to gain-How about what Palestinians have left to lose in their SYSTEMATIC DEHUMANIZATION AND GENOCIDE? To answer your question though on Israel's gain- how about some forgiveness of it's neighboring Arab state(Jordan for example, which harbors millions of Palestinian refugees) in hopes of future peace.
If you want to play eye-for-eye, give the Palestinians some nukes- better yet a decent caloric intake and clean water- or the peace of mind in knowing their home won't be demolished tomorrow- or the hope that their children will have some sort of viable future.
BTW- I'm SOOOOOO sick of hearing the assumption that the US is naturally allied with Israel, at least make the distinction the US military industrial complex and Israel are allies or the Zionist leaders in Washington and Israel are allies.
Zionism is a cancer peddled by the religious right and our malevolent leaders and those who control the currency.

Also, how about Obama gets a new Fed Chairman- one that's NOT a Jew. we haven't had a Goyim Fed chairman since 1979.--3 Decades of Federal Reserve Jewry!!! and we can see how that's worked out.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Also, how about Obama gets a new Fed Chairman- one that's NOT a Jew. we haven't had a Goyim Fed chairman since 1979.--3 Decades of Federal Reserve Jewry!!! and we can see how that's worked out.

Which is relevant to the topic of the Arab nations placing an ad in Hebrew newspapers how?

Not every thread regarding the middle east peace process will be permitted to degenerate into "JEWS, i mean Zionists, trip little old ladies and steal candy from children."

Stick to the topic.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
You know when your religion causes you to kill your own children,that man has become completely insane,
oops..in wrong thread..

[edit on 20-11-2008 by all2human]

yeap wrong thread
and after reading the topic which its meant for well off

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

.... I don't see what Israel has to gain from this apart from one step in the direction of national suicide.

Isreal? They are just as bad as the Nazi's of WW2. How many times have they went to WAR, and who started this whole problem in the first place, Isreal. It all began during 1946-1947 and not in 1948. Nuremberg trials aswell, I love how people forget that the whole point of these trials were not just to execute Nazi's but also to put a stop to all wars(lol, that went well)

Don't forget, Isreal should be getting nothing out of it anyway. Atleast they should accept PEACE and stop causing WARS (no offence to any Isreali citizen) but to the Isreali Government.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I do not think that any of these people will ever reach an agreement.The differences of opinion between these fundamentalists will only be resolved through massive bloodshed.Kudos to those who work for a peaceful resolution,But I do not think that animosity that has been built up for centuries can be resolved until one group is obliterated.Until then,we can expect more of the same kind of steam valve violence and empty promises of compromise.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join