It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Behold, the black horse of Revelation!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Sorry, i read your thread and immediately thought of Lloyds TSB. Could have found your blackhorse but i'm not sure where the rider and the scales fit into it??

www.investorrelations.lloydstsb.com...
www.lloydstsb-usa.com...

www.telegraph.co.uk...
Interesting all the same:

Like the new super-bank that is being created today, Lloyds was established in response to a banking crisis.

Source:

www.expressandstar.com...

[edit on 30-12-2008 by MCoG1980]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
There is a good chance that George W. Bush is the rider on the white horse.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I found your interpretation quite enlightening.

The pale horse being tied to Chloro is interesting indeed.

My epiphany when I read this was Chemtrails.

Hmm.

[edit on 4-1-2009 by doctordoom]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Who is the rider of the white horse?

The Muslims think they know. This is from the book "Antichrist: Islam's Awaited Messiah"

answering-islam.org...

Al-Mahdi, The Rider On A White Horse

The Mahdi is believed to ride on a white horse. Whether or not this is symbolic or literal is hard to say. Quite interestingly, this tradition is based on the Muslim interpretation of Christian Scriptures.

Despite the fact that Muslims view the Bible as having been changed and corrupted by Jews and Christians, they still claim to believe that some portions of the “original” inspired books are still to be found within the “corrupted” Bible. As such there exists a tradition within Islamic scholarship that seeks to extract those portions of the Bible that Muslims feel may be untainted by the corrupting influence of Jews and Christians.

These Judeo-Christian traditions are called by Muslims, isra’iliyyat. One such transmitter of biblical traditions is Muslim scholar Ka’b al-Ahbar. He is viewed among Muslims as a trustworthy transmitter of Hadith as well as isra’iliyyat. 31

Ka’b al-Ahbar is supported in his view that this description of the rider on the white horse as found in the Book of Revelation is indeed the Mahdi by two well known Egyptian authors, Muhammad Ibn ‘Izzat and Muhammad ‘Arif in their book Al Mahdi and the End of Time. ‘Izzat and Arif quote Ka’b al Ahbar as saying:

I find the Mahdi recorded in the books of the Prophets… For instance, the Book of Revelation says: “And I saw and behold a white horse. He that sat on him…went forth conquering and to conquer.” 32

‘Izzat and ‘Arif then go on to say:

It is clear that this man is the Mahdi who will ride the white horse and judge by the Qur’an (with justice) and with whom will be men with marks of prostration on their foreheads [Marks on their foreheads from bowing in prayer with their head to the ground five times daily]. 33

It is said by some that it was for this reason that Saddam Hussein had numerous murals painted all over Baghdad portraying himself as a Muslim Knight on a white horse with sword drawn doing valiant battle against the infidels

31 -M S M Saifullah, Muhammad Ghoniem, Abu Hudhayfah & Khalid al-Khazraji, On The Transmitters Of Isra'iliyyat (Judeo-Christian Material) www.islamic-awareness.org...

32 - Izzat and Arif, p. 15

33 - ibid. p. 15

34 -Time magazine, Michael Elliot, Dec. 29, 2003, The Semiotics of Saddam

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   

1x
I was excited to see the title of this message. As i am in waiting on my Lord in bonds, and wonder if anyone else out there is studying.
The connection of one of the horses of the first four seals to Obama shows you are searching for wisdom. The issue for you is micro interpreting the big picture. I'll be brief. During this time in America and the world, we are in a recession headed for a great depression or famine/pestilence. The scales represent scales of the (Libra) not the yoke of bondage. Nor is interpreting black as the absence of light or righteousness accurate...
The rider on the black horse is the Lord's man as well as the other horseman, for the reckoning (end time war with the devil). The rider on the blaxk horse will come during the beginning of the famine to balance was set out of order by a previous administration. "Don't hurt the oil or the wine" is a reference to the faithful believers of Christ, that they will endure thru the pestilence and the famine. The black horse is followed by death...is it Biden, if the black horse is killed?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I found this an interesting read. Ponder this thought.

White Horse - White leader (EU)
Black Horse - Black leader (USA)
Red Horse - "Red" leader (Middle East or South America)
"Yellow" Horse - "Yellow" leader (Asia)

Just a thought. Myself, I could picture specific world leaders filling each spot. Once again, just a thought.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
ver very good red. just a few things to say:

firstly, i dont know why you linked the second horse to bush. what makes you think that this horse will be one of our presidents? it sounds like a theory but no evidence was presented.

secondly, the first beast may represent the oppsite of righteousness- the anti christ. this is because satan can come as an angel of light, and also because this horse sounsds like an imitation of the white horse that Yeshua sits on with a SWORD (not a bow) and goes out conquering righteously, not to conqeur.

other than that... ii dont think there is anything else to say. very good. and thank you so much for the greek words that you have given.

shalom- john

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Written to the Christians of the day, they were given prophecy to enable them to determine what was to come.

The four horses represent the Roman Empire, as does many of trumpets that are blown. It's done in generalities, then further in Revelation, we get more detail.

This is just a broad sweep of the Roman Empire.

The White horse, the rider, the symbols are of great victory. Rome had not reached its peak and glory yet. Look at the symbols. They are different from a Christ. They are symbols of warfare and victory.

Then we have the Red Horse, signifying coming war and defeat. Look at the symbols that go with this horse and compare to the Roman Empire.

The Black Horse. Black is the color of mourning. The balances used for weighing food are a symbol of scarcity, shortages, and famine. Bread by weight always implies scarcity. (Leviticus 26:26, Ezekial 4: 16, 17. The prices also signify the same.

The first and second horses mark distinct epochs, but the third and fourth are not as easily determined timewise. The occurrences symbolized by each seal follow each other in the same order as the seals, but events overlap, and are related to each other as cause and effect. During the terrible period of civil war commotion, indicated by the red horse, the era of blood and anarchy produces the events symbolized by the black horse, and as the combined result of the two preceding seals there follow the events indicated by the pale horse.

There is a period of extreme taxation, enormous prices, great scarcity, want and famine, due to the destruction of armies and the untilled fields during a period of civil war of ninety-two years. There is FIRST the civil war as a cause, and SECOND the scarcity and famine as the effect.

The next horse? Read the tenth chapter of the first volume of Gibbon's Rome.

Famine is almost always followed by epidemical diseases, the effect of scanty and unwholesome food.

If we're going to turn to Bible prophecy, it is always good to make sure that all symbols fit with other symbols.

To assume that A) Revelation prophecy is an all-time application and will NEVER come true is a mistake, and B) that one can cherry-pick visions and symbols and apply them alone, ignoring the others IN SEQUENCE.

Oh, it makes for great fun trying to fit a symbol or vision to current events, but if so, all other symbols must maintain their chronological order, and must FIT in context with secular history.

Boring I know, but wild speculation does no one any good.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Extremely well-written & certainly a plausible exegesis. I especially appreciated your knowledge and explanation of the root wording.

I thought Napolean was a bit of a stretch until I read the rest, and then looking back he would fit nicely. That China may play some-such a role as regards the U.S. first suggested itself to me as teen and has never left.

I--like many others have confessed here--am certainly no Bibllical scholar, but I do believe that the Word is "Alive" as it claims about its own self and that prophecy can often be interpreted on many different levels and be true for multiple periods in history as well as predict varied events within the same text. God is "down like that" and I find it a mind-blowing aspect of his personality.

So I think your postulation is very reasonable.

One thing is fairly certain about these times: ITEOTWAWKI...and I feel fine.

One of the best OPs I read since I've been here, Redneck. S&F

edit on 5-3-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

The black horse could be tied to Bush because of the oil industry. Doesn't he own an oil corporation or atleast a few rigs.

He also has friends and stock in Halaburton and few other (oil) related fields.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join