It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is dead... get over it

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

Really? I hadn't heard that. Got any external info on it? U2U me with it. I don't want to take your post off topic

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

sure... lemme see if I can find some links...

I'll send ya a U2U

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
lol??? you seem awfully interested in something you don't believe in hehe

i understand your frustrations; but if someone believes something, they should be allowed to display/voice their belief. Just the way i feel . . . you don't need to pay attention to them . . .

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day
well, what problems I have with organized religion is moot...

I'm just ticked that religion keeps showing up where it isn't welcome around here.

Like I said, I'm tired of having productive threads hijacked by the religious, and used to preach their world view.

It makes me sick.

So you create your own unproductive thread to preach YOUR world view. WOW.
You say it makes you sick, but perhaps its just agitating a pre existing condition.
Haters usually have nothing to offer but what they hate. Thanks for an awesome thread. Not.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

then why do I get beat down when I voice my beliefs to the contrary?

The first amendment gives me protection as a minority from the tyranny of the majority.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

I haven't got up on a pulpit and decided to preach my point of view. I have only voiced my frustration that others seem to deem this necessary.

ATS isn't ready for my world view...

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

You seem to assume that I belong to a specific religious order, and stating my beliefs accordingly. I also sense that you seem to view God in a particular way, a way that grants 'his' existence impossible or absurd, therefore rejecting 'him'.

I will heed your warning and not explain my views about 'God'. Your choice after all.

Then you say I'm putting this on you, how can I? It can if you let it be 'put on you'. In this sense, you are also defending the title of this thread, which is 'God is dead... get over it'. Kind of ironic to the message your trying to convey yourself, which I understand to be "keep your beliefs/faith/views to yourselves".

One question though, what evidence do you seek?

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Moegli

I put a lot of thought into that thread title.

"god is dead" does not mean god doesn't exist. it conveys a different message all together.

I'm sure if you ask a believer from any point in history what they thought of the state of their religion now-a-days, they would most likely respond negatively... thus... God is dead.

Think about the different meanings behind the thread title.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

God is dead

What is *YOUR EVIDENCE* supporting your fact that, as to what you think with "God is dead". Besides, you didn't explain which God? You only said "God".

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by gordonwest

see the post above yours. It explains a little more of what was meant.

I see you setting up a Russell's Teapot scenario here though.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

It has NOTHING to do with any other thread. I simply asked YOU a Question. (Sticking to what ATS rules: You must stay OnTopic) So I asked A Question based upon the title of the thread.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by midnightbrigade
reply to post by Moegli

heh...I see the beauty of becoming in your face

settle down pal, we don't all believe that your God created us...that's the very point of the OP. If you are busting in here putting that stuff down then to me, your just antagonizing a situation and you are proving the point of the OP.

LOL. This thread just gets better and better. You attack a poster for BUSTING into a public forum and expressing his beliefs, accuse him of antagonising on a thread that antagonises and blatantly attacks the beliefs of individual. Did you really expect people would not explain or express a personal belief in God on a thread that attacks those beliefs as being insignificant. Your logic is amazing.
Here is another thread that did the very same thing that the OP of this thraed does. Is this a Conspiracy site or a religious debate site
On this thread I asked the OP to link any threads that where derailed by off topic religious posters.
I now ask the OP of this thread here to do the same.
The Op of the thread Is this a Conspiracy site or a religious debate site could not link one thread, even though i requested FIVE time that he support his claim that the site and threads were being destroyed by off topic religious content. Not one thread.

[edit on 19-11-2008 by atlasastro]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Wow... you are pretty dense eh?

ok, I'll hand it to you on a silver platter

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?

--Friedrich Nietzsche

perhaps you should have read the thread... or the OP first... I'm not trying to disprove anything here, instead, my intents were asserted in the OP.

Thus, you are already off topic.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   

So I'm seeing more and more threads in here with ATSers trying to preach to me through here...

Honestly, I'm probably going to single out the X-tian fundamentalists in here, just because they seem to have other religions seriously outnumbered in here...

There is no physical evidence that your religion has any merit whatsoever. quit trying to convince me using circular logic, straw men, and ad hominem... seriously...

Aren't all claims lacking evidence supposed to be in "Skunkworks"?

All the highly religious out there, I highly suggest you check out the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Since you have not posted this in the "skunkworks" I am assuming you have evidence to back up you claims that "God is dead"

I feel a bit silly replying to you because it is my opinion that you are doing nothing more here than trying to start a controversial thread.

[edit on 19-11-2008 by deepred]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   

I haven't got up on a pulpit and decided to preach my point of view. I have only voiced my frustration that others seem to deem this necessary.

ATS isn't ready for my world view...

LOL.

So your world view is not that God is dead and people need to get over it. LOL.

ATS is not ready, bro, you are a dime a dozen. Me too. Get over yourself.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by deepred

Did you even read that quote from Nietzsche? That is what prompted the name of the thread...

Other than that, the complaint is people coming in to threads to interject their religious agenda's into an other wise intellectual thread.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   

No, believe it or not, my world view goes much further than asking people to keep their religion out of non-religious threads.

Methinks you are reading into this too much...

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
nj2day needs to stay OnTopic. "God Is Dead" ...Please Explain your evidence.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I could post at least one thread that is still in my list here... but I doubt you would accept it as evidence.

There was a thread discussing if Creationism breeds anti-intellectualism. very productive thread, except for the fact that people were arguing whether or not creation or evolution was correct... which was NOT the intent of the thread.

therefore, a very productive thread was muddied down and almost derailed by the Creationist arguments.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by gordonwest

gordonwest,

I am on topic, You are actually doing exactly what my OP was about, and interjecting your personal beliefs into a thread that is decidedly not expressly about religious beliefs.

This thread is about people like you, forcing their beliefs into a thread where it is not welcome.

If you think about this scenario, and then (again) read the quote by Neitzsche, you should be able to draw the lines between my topic, and the thread title.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join