It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is dead... get over it

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
So I'm seeing more and more threads in here with ATSers trying to preach to me through here...

Honestly, I'm probably going to single out the X-tian fundamentalists in here, just because they seem to have other religions seriously outnumbered in here...

There is no physical evidence that your religion has any merit whatsoever. quit trying to convince me using circular logic, straw men, and ad hominem... seriously...

Aren't all claims lacking evidence supposed to be in "Skunkworks"?

All the highly religious out there, I highly suggest you check out the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I usually get as adamant against christian bible thumpers that try to shove it down my throat as you do..

but not from an atheistic point of view.

what are you trying to do? egg people on to do more of what you're complaining that they're doing.

-

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I'm actually voicing my frustration the only way I can on here...

I know it might not make much of an impact... but heck... It makes me sick that I come to a conspiracy site and there are a million threads on "god".

Its driving me insane like you could not believe...

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
One of the great things about freedom is that you don't have to read anything you don't want to. If you don't like reading about religion then don't read it.

Christians will defend their God if they feel he is being attacked and Atheist will attack Christians for believing in God.

The thing you have to ask yourself is what will happen to those who believe in God and it turns out to be a lie? Now, what will happen to those who don't believe in God and it turns out he is real?

Seems to me that they are the only ones who aren't risking anything. Leave them be and for the most part they will leave you be.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Are you kidding?

Pascal's wager?

No, they are risking just as much... what if their god isn't the judeo-christian god like they believe?

What if they die, and find out that Zeus and the Olympians are the true gods?

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

How about you just not go to the Christian threads?

That solves everything.

And who are you to try and take away our right to speak about what we believe in.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when you look up into the face of God and say "You're dead"...

Thank God He's more forgiving than you are ignorant.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

That would be all fine and dandy, if only the religious rhetoric was contained to those threads.

I'm sure i'm not the only person on here who's seen a thread hijacked by the delusions of a believer. If you want to talk religion, go to a religious website.

Conspiracies in religion threads always turn into a christian love fest, or an evolution debate, no matter what the OP was about.

If your religion can't stay out of regular threads... then why should I stay out of religion threads?

calling me ignorant is nothing more than an ad hominem attack... which was mentioned in my OP...

thank you for validating one of my points.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by nj2day

How about you just not go to the Christian threads?

That solves everything.

And who are you to try and take away our right to speak about what we believe in.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when you look up into the face of God and say "You're dead"...

Thank God He's more forgiving than you are ignorant.

i don't think he's ignorant per se.. sounds like he just doesn't like the idea of how your religion defines the creative force in the universe.

-

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
well, what problems I have with organized religion is moot...

I'm just ticked that religion keeps showing up where it isn't welcome around here.

Like I said, I'm tired of having productive threads hijacked by the religious, and used to preach their world view.

It makes me sick.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

Come on man, I hate it too...but quit complaining. They have as much right to speak about it as you speak against it.

You are of course free to vent, but if I were you I just wouldn't let it bother me.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

bah, I'm not what one would consider to be a "cooler head" LOL

I can take a lot, but eventually, i get fed up and explode lol

Its going to bother me... the funny thing is, off topic posts about religion in non-religious threads don't tend to get action... but thats another thread... for another day...

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I think the most popular mindset as to why God does not exist, is that evil exists. Why such a powerful force not intervene in acts of ungodliness, why 'he' lets it happen, why he does not respond to the pleas and prayers of many.

Imagine if he gave you total freedom, that you can whip up a banana split ice cream sundae by mere blinking, or create spaceships of luxury in one breath and explore the galaxy.

That would be BORING.

I don't want to get anything I want in an instant. It's too easy. I cannot sweat, cry, laugh. I cannot fear for my life, to appreciate life. I cannot bleed. I cannot feel pain and sorrow. Ever thought stagnation can come from such abundance?

Do you see why God wants to be us? Do you see why God created us?

Do you see the beauty of becoming?

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

I feel ya. I like this site, but I do get a little perturbed by the moderators. Oh well, the nature of the beast ya know?

There is one thing that bugs me about the bible...I can definitely see the parallels being drawn...Mark of the beast/RFID chip....etc. But to me that just means they had some prophetic/psychic writers...not a god guiding the pen.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
You are wrong in your assumption that someone has to provide evidence to the non-existence of a deity. You are the one making the exceptional claim, therefore, the burden of proof is on you. I don't have to use arguments contemplating the existence of "evil".

You need to prove, using scientific evidence, that your god exists.

You didn't take my suggestion and read up on the Flying Spaghetti Monster did you?

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by midnightbrigade
reply to post by nj2day

I feel ya. I like this site, but I do get a little perturbed by the moderators. Oh well, the nature of the beast ya know?

There is one thing that bugs me about the bible...I can definitely see the parallels being drawn...Mark of the beast/RFID chip....etc. But to me that just means they had some prophetic/psychic writers...not a god guiding the pen.

Either that, or the christian right is so desperate to have their "final conflict" that they are willing to draw conclusions where they shouldn't be.

Then add to the fact they can keep predicting that "THIS" is the mark of the beast... (remember UPC codes? yah, so far no second coming) and they can never be wrong...

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
There is intelligent design and the concept has been around for eons. The creator of this universe is God which i may beg to differ exists.

We are all a part of a simulated exercise and some one has created us and his watching over us. Something similar to the computer games we play.

We all play our part but do not realize this.

One theory is that life has been seeded on earth by an alien civilization and we have evolved out of that seeding. In that case aliens may still be visiting us or manipulating us without our knowledge.

The question is who created these aliens? And who and who?

God plays an important part in our life it is a corner for comfort, peace and tranquility not to mention the numerous times that he comes to our rescue!

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Moegli

heh...I see the beauty of becoming in your face

settle down pal, we don't all believe that your God created us...that's the very point of the OP. If you are busting in here putting that stuff down then to me, your just antagonizing a situation and you are proving the point of the OP.

I think that the majority of Christians forget that the open hand is a much more effective weapon than the fist. Instead of coming in to a post and plopping down all the rhetoric STATING that we were created in your Gods image, why don't you just ASK, or OFFER. Something like, "If you ever want to know more about my God, u2u me"...that sort of thing...I think you'll find you'll piss off a lot less people and actually spread your faith according to the tenets of your savior.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by midnightbrigade
reply to post by Moegli

heh...I see the beauty of becoming in your face

settle down pal, we don't all believe that your God created us...that's the very point of the OP. If you are busting in here putting that stuff down then to me, your just antagonizing a situation and you are proving the point of the OP.

I think that the majority of Christians forget that the open hand is a much more effective weapon than the fist. Instead of coming in to a post and plopping down all the rhetoric STATING that we were created in your Gods image, why don't you just ASK, or OFFER. Something like, "If you ever want to know more about my God, u2u me"...that sort of thing...I think you'll find you'll piss off a lot less people and actually spread your faith according to the tenets of your savior.

Exactly! thanks midnight! Star for you!

at least someone gets me

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

heh...i forgot about the UPC codes
but I was actually referring to me. I've read the bible...twice in fact. I don't buy it...but there are a lot of interesting possibilities that I've come across in Daniel and Revelations

Oh and thanks for the star

I do get you man, I feel it myself. just remember to FOCUS your rage young Sith. Use it as a scalpel, not a bludgeon.
There is nothing better than verbally bitch slapping someone with their own argument.

[edit on 19-11-2008 by midnightbrigade]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

There is actually a growing movement that thinks the predictions in the book of revelations has already happened.

There's also the group that lump revelations in with the other Christian apolalyptic writings, that were hugely popular at the time. Revelations just got famous by its inclusion in the bible...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join