It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible, man made book or God inspired?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saidar

Wisdom of the Bible

I love this site, explore it if you've got the time

Saidar: I love your insight! I would like to hear more. Also, in I or II Corinthians, God states the "earth is fixed, and does not move".....I would like your take on that one.

(I may have posted this in the wrong place earlier.)

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The bible and all religious nonsense (IMHO) was created by man to control people's thoughts and actions. It has been very effective unfortunately.

There are an awful lots of weak minds on this planet.....

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by aero56
reply to post by Saidar

Very interesting!! Also, I think in I or II Cor. God states that the earth is fixed and does not move. I've wanted to discuss this for a long time!! What say you?

[edit on 18-11-2008 by aero56]

Really? No that would indeed be something to discuss about! I've read the entire I and II COR, but didn't find it. Maybe you have a verse?

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Thanks for your inout. Didn't know of those other verses, thanks for the good find! Now if anyone still thinks the Bible says the earth is flat, cmon... Then you must have bind faith

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

An idea for the current economic crisis in the USA --- all churches pay taxes...property taxes and income taxes.

What is that going to help?? It won't even be a percent of the money that the US needs. Face it, America is doomed in all ways possible. Thank God I'm not there

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
That's one hefty question.

Are you referring to the bible itself or the ideas presented in the bible?

The ideas presented in the bible predated the birth of Christianity. Many stories were taken from various cultures. Most of the stories began as folklore. So it cannot be honestly defined as being man made because lore is passed down through generations and cultures and people may intrepret it differently.

Yet if you are referring to the book itself, yes it was man made. The bible was heavily based off the Dead Sea Scrolls.

-Ign0RanT

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Ign0rant

What I meant by that, is was the Bible only the work of man or did some supernatural being, called God, inspire it?

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I would say both.. The beginning inspired by god, then over time it was mis-translated and mis-interpreted, probaly even some entirely man made books inserted, at a later stage...

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prima Facie
I would say both.. The beginning inspired by god, then over time it was mis-translated and mis-interpreted, probaly even some entirely man made books inserted, at a later stage...

That is a possibility, but the ultimate question is will God allow something like that to happen?

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Saidar

I dont know 100%. Maybe not entirely man made books, but mis-translations which leads to false interpretation has happened. Ultimately if you believe in a day of judgment, we will be judged as individuals anyway. I think the message is clear in terms of love peace and unity and to give thanks through prayer. It's my belief that any laws in the bible that relate to the principles of love for all, has to be inspired by god.. People have used mis translations to exhalt one group over another or for political gains.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Prima Facie

So true what you are saying. Politics when it comes to religion is big. But from my experience most of the Christians groups all use the Bible, some just use the word of the Bible for their own gain. I think if you read the entire Bible, you'll get the message, but if you take a sentence out of the Bible, it can mean anything. That is where people go wrong

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I think it's obvious that every thing and every being are all part of a totality. The totality is what I would call God. I think it is silly to think that God is some separate entity. God is everything. The fact that everything is not perfect is the basis of the most fundamental question about the nature of the universe and our place in it. If God is everything, then why isn't everything perfect? That's a very good question.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

So. I want to make sure that YOU understand that Nostradamus was a fake, fraudulent old man. Before I became a believer I was fascinated with stuff like that and people like him. I've watched the history channel shows...and read the information provided both on the internet and in books about his life and prophecies. I can tell you that comparing his prophecies to the ones made in the bible are LUDICROUS. Nostradamus made generalized predictions and was only right on a few points. Most of the more detailed predictions never came to pass...it's interesting that atheists and non-believers alike, neglect to mention those... could it be that you're hoping that people are ignorant enough to just take your word for it...without doing the research? hmm. probably. Anyways, the bible has over 2,000 specifically detailed prophecies in it's pages, all of which have come to pass... down to the last detail.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
My outlook on this is the same as I understand Einstein's to be. He grew up in organized religion, rejected it at a young age in favor of science, do to hypocritical adults, and then later he said if you look at the careful design of the universe, you can come to no other conclusion than a designer. Einstein believed that science proved God. He also said it was very clear that when he read the words of Jesus and Buddah, they came from a divine place. Google einstein politics and religion. read his writings, unless you are smarter than Einstein? He also said WW3 and WW4 were inevitable, Iran anyone? All the anxiety of the non believer, I do not feel that, I am calm and await the period of great tribulation that will bring in a better age for those with faith beyond only themselves. If ICBM's fired out of their silos, then while the non believers where wetting themselves, I would be doing a dance of joy. Am I crazy? does it matter? who is going to be having the better time? I just come here to read all the scared comments when I am bored. Don't let religion come between you and God.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If all that is true, how do we come up with the Torah Bible Code. And what about modern day NDEs in which people describe seeing heaven? Im just saying I think there is a lot missing from your theories. After all the Bible also says not to lean on your own understanding. Probably because you cannot perceive the structure of our connections to the reality around us.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
of course you understand that the Priesthood in ancient days were the less than 1% who were educated, could read & write....

all these seeming insights that were written in scripture were 'code' to be shared between the (very occult-like) clerics who were versed in the mysterious 'sciences' of the day...

these scriptures were used as guidelines to serve in the
leading of the sheep/flock of the faithful... and definitely not to be shared with the flock, other than examples of the Mysteries of 'God'

one needs to understand that there were dozens of sects or cults even within the Hebrew religion... each with their worldview,,, and they wrote scrolls to pass this viewpoin on to others...
when the early Christian cult began there were equally divided sects that propounded their religious worldviews...

the man made 'Bible' is a hodgepodge of these 'Books' that was acceptable to bind into one volume...for the whole Christian culture to share ''look at the differences between the modern Apostolic Catholics and the regional clusters that comprise the Body of the church in Orthodoxy and both these communities in vast divergence from Islam... although they all evolved from the same desert religious scene
edit on 11-10-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Its funny you mention all of those different texts from different cultures. Is it true the modern day practice of Islam is the ancient Abrahamic law?? This is where I get very confused with all this religious stuff. Do they just fight over different interpretations or something

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The Candlestick can be likened to DNA...

There is definitely a higher intelligence at work!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Is there a bible that predates man? Silly question right? If there was any type of evidence that predates man, that would sway my disbelief.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join