It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question about Armegeddon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
When is it ?
This says it is AFTER the thousand years ..*Not at the end of the tribulation like so many here believe
Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom [is] as the sand of the sea.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The battle you are referring to in your quote is not the battle of Armageddon, it is the battle of Gog/Magog. The Battle of Armageddon takes place before the reign of Christ....

Rev 16:12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

This is the sixth plague of the the 7th trumpet, which is part of the great tribulation. Notice also that the beast and the false prophet are still around at this point (when the armies are gathered for the battle at Armageddon), and they get thrown into into lake of fire at the return of Christ....

Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshiped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

The armies gathered at Armageddon actually turn and fight Christ at his coming.

The battle of Gog/Magog takes place 1000 years later.

[edit on 18/11/08 by doctorex]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctorex
The battle you are referring to in your quote is not the battle of Armageddon, it is the battle of Gog/Magog. The Battle of Armageddon takes place before the reign of Christ....

Rev 16:12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

This is the sixth plague of the the 7th trumpet, which is part of the great tribulation. Notice also that the beast and the false prophet are still around at this point (when the armies are gathered for the battle at Armageddon), and they get thrown into into lake of fire at the return of Christ....

Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshiped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

The armies gathered at Armageddon actually turn and fight Christ at his coming.

The battle of Gog/Magog takes place 1000 years later.

If that is the case then I have a few questions about the Gog Magog battle .
Why then does God hold a sixth of them back ?*the Armegeddon war is supposed to destroy them from ever being a people again.
Eze 39:2 And I will turn thee back, and leave but the sixth part of thee, and will cause thee to come up from the north parts, and will bring thee upon the mountains of Israel:

(Why wouldnt Gog know that Israel was dwelling safely if they are already living in the millinium reign of Christ >?All will be safe during the reign of Christ ....
Eze 38:14 Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say unto Gog, Thus saith the Lord GOD; In that day when my people of Israel dwelleth safely, shalt thou not know [it]?

Eze 38:16 And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes.
(What heathen >I thought the heathen were taken care of during the tribulation ?) Notice it says the latter days ...which is the end of days (The tribulation) ...

Eze 38:18 And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, [that] my fury shall come up in my face.
(The wrath of God takes place right after mid trib after people take the mark )

Eze 38:23 Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I [am] the LORD.
(Wont every nation already know that he is Lord during the trib after his second coming ? Why would they need to know he is Lord if the Lord has already been ruling and reining for a thousand years ?)

I realize that after the thousand years satan is loosed again and more chaos happens ..
But the Ezek 38 battle seems to me to be during the trib ..not after the thousand year reign .
Some things just dont fit .......

There is more ..why would Israel be burning weapons after the thousand year reign when the thousand year reign is about peace ..no wars >?
Eze 39:9 And they that dwell in the cities of Israel shall go forth, and shall set on fire and burn the weapons, both the shields and the bucklers, the bows and the arrows, and the handstaves, and the spears, and they shall burn them with fire seven years:
(Notice the seven years ? The passages above this one is after God intervenes and most of Gogs army is lieing dead in the streets of Israel they bury them for seven months (Not the fowls of the air or beasts of the field eating them ) >.......
I personally believe that the Ezek war takes place at the start of the trib ..and may be what sets the trib off .....

I could be wrong .
But I see some differences in it and the final battle at the end of the thousand years ...

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Well for one I think you must understand that Jesus said that only God knew the timing of his coming. But we do have scripture and people who give us clues.

The first one I like to point to is Danial chapter 2. It talks about kingdoms falling and raising. It talks about Babylon falling,Persian falling, Greece falling, and the last one falling is Rome. Right after Rome it talks about God's kingdom coming. So I think for share that we're in the end of times.

As for the War against God and Satan we're in it. But I believe the actual battle is right after you see Jesus in the sky's. Didnt Revelations say that some will go meet Jesus in the skys and that Jesus will go do battle???

You know the scriptures as much as I maybe even more. So you know the clues. Just remember end the end no one knows but God. God bless

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
[As for the War against God and Satan we're in it. But I believe the actual battle is right after you see Jesus in the sky's. Didnt Revelations say that some will go meet Jesus in the skys and that Jesus will go do battle?]

Yes I agree we have been and will be in a battle against satan this whole time .
But we are talking about the battle of Armegeddon ..(The last and final battle where Jesus and all his saints puts satan in his place once and for all )

The scriptures your thinking of is this one .
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
(This is not at his second coming ..I believe this is the rapture ..the Lord meets his bride in the air ) The Lord does not come here ..he just calls up his faithful remnant ) (These people are his bride who he would not take into a battle nor will they have to die for him ) ......so he takes them out (I BELIEVE) right before or right when the trib starts ..........
At his second coming (After the seven years of tribulations) Christ comes WITH the saints *Which the saints had to have been taken at some point in order to come back with him when he comes...(possibly could be those beheaded during the trib for his names sake) .................

What I am curious about is that alot of other Christians say that the battle of Armegeddon (final battle with satan and all the armies on earth who serve satan) believe that it happens at the end of the 7 years of tribulations .
I believe it is not until after the thousand years ..

I believe the battle after the seven years at Christs second coming ..is when those men who endured the wrath of God and repented not ...prayed to die even and could not ...will be the ones the Lord and his saints slay with the sword of his mouth ..then satan and false prophet are CHAINED for the coming thousand year reign .
He is released one more time on the earth .....for a short while ..decieves Nations again .....
Then
After the thousand years is when the FINAL battle occurs (No more after that ) that is when they are sent to hell FOREVER ...never to be released again .............

It is sort of confusing for me lol ...

Exactly when does it happen ..

There is a war in Ezek 39 (Ezek 38 and 40 also have some things that could be about that final war) ...but Ezek 38 descriptions do not fit the final battle .. that is a similar event (but some things are different about that one ) so I thought it could not be that war (the final one) so it has to be another war that happens before the trib or could be what triggers the trib ..............

And the only war at the end of the trib at Jesus second coming does not fit either ..

Different wars ...that seem like they are the same ..but some things are not fitting ....

LOL can you tell I am confused ...............

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
What I am curious about is that alot of other Christians say that the battle of Armegeddon (final battle with satan and all the armies on earth who serve satan) believe that it happens at the end of the 7 years of tribulations .

Again I am share you know scripture enough to know that after Jesus comes their will be a peace of 1000 years (1thousand). Then satan will be destroy forever. So of course the battle cant happen after 1 thousand year peace. The battle happens after the tribulations it COULD happen right after words. After the battle satan will be lock up for 1 thousand years. God bless

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb

Again I am share you know scripture enough to know that after Jesus comes their will be a peace of 1000 years (1thousand). Then satan will be destroy forever. So of course the battle cant happen after 1 thousand year peace. The battle happens after the tribulations it COULD happen right after words. After the battle satan will be lock up for 1 thousand years. God bless

LOL Hi again Sly ....satan is chained (locked up ) after trib ...
Rev 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
Rev 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

(that battle with him at that time when Christ comes in the second coming ... can not be the final battle which is what Armegeddon is at least so I thought ...I always thought that the Armegeddon battle is the FINAL FINAL one at the end of the thousand years when he is released again and then this time there is another battle (The FINAL FINAL one) when satan will not ever be loosed again ...and will be in hell after that for eternity .....

Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom [is] as the sand of the sea.

Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Notice it says he will battle Gog and Magog ..which is as the sand of the sea (Many peoples with him ) .....
.(Read Ezek 38 and 39 and 40)

Be right back ..gotta go for bit ..

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Well going off the revelation scripture you put. I notice this. For one it looks like satan gathers at Gog and Magog to do battle. But what did the scripture say?? that fire comes from heaven to devour Satan and his gathers. I could be very well be wrong, but it sounds to be they're isn't a major battle after the 1 year peace. But Jesus will just lock him up.

Which end the end doesn't make cents to me. If Satan is on earth again and free to do what he wants. He will try to destroy the true believers and try to turn them. Which to me is Battle against God and Satan.?????

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

If that is the case then I have a few questions about the Gog Magog battle .
Why then does God hold a sixth of them back ?*the Armegeddon war is supposed to destroy them from ever being a people again.

Eze 39:2 And I will turn thee back, and leave but the sixth part of thee, and will cause thee to come up from the north parts, and will bring thee upon the mountains of Israel:

Where does it say that about the Armageddon war? Also, the part translated as "and leave but the sixth part of thee" is all one word : Shawshaw. It means to lure, to lead, to draw, but because it it is close to the word Shasha (which means the sixth part), it is often confused. Strong's lexicon actually notes this confusion.

Shawshaw - the word used - www.blueletterbible.org...

Shashah -the word it is confused with - www.blueletterbible.org...

A more correct tranlastion is - Ezk 39:2 And have turned you back, and enticed you, And caused you to come up from the sides of the north, And brought you in against mountains of Israel.

Note also that they will come against the mountains of Israel, and the word translated as mountains is har, which also means a single mountain. I will discuss that later.

(Why wouldnt Gog know that Israel was dwelling safely if they are already living in the millinium reign of Christ >?All will be safe during the reign of Christ ....
Eze 38:14 Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say unto Gog, Thus saith the Lord GOD; In that day when my people of Israel dwelleth safely, shalt thou not know [it]?

It says that Israel will be dwelling in safety, of course this is after the reign of Christ, and it doesn't say they don't know that Israel dwells in safety, it is a leading question, a rebuke of cowardice, such as "Why are you going to beat up that cripple, do you not think he is beatable?" Of course they know Israel dwells in safety, that is why they are going against them, because they think it will be a cake-walk, and God is pointing this out to them.

Eze 38:16 And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes.
(What heathen >I thought the heathen were taken care of during the tribulation ?) Notice it says the latter days ...which is the end of days (The tribulation) ...

The word translated as Heathen here is gowy, it simply means "the nations", or translated in some instances as all nations, it does not mean what the word implies in todays English.

www.blueletterbible.org...

It is sometimes translated into English as gentiles or heathen due to context, because when the Israelites spoke of "the nations", the were talking about the nations around them.

Eze 38:18 And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, [that] my fury shall come up in my face.
(The wrath of God takes place right after mid trib after people take the mark )

Notice that in the next verse after the one you quoted above, it talks of God's wrath in fire....

19 For in my jealousy and in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel;

There is also a mention of God's wrath with fire coming up at a point after the 1000 year reign of Christ, and who does it say that will be against?

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Eze 38:23 Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I [am] the LORD.
(Wont every nation already know that he is Lord during the trib after his second coming ? Why would they need to know he is Lord if the Lord has already been ruling and reining for a thousand years ?)

I realize that after the thousand years satan is loosed again and more chaos happens ..
But the Ezek 38 battle seems to me to be during the trib ..not after the thousand year reign .
Some things just dont fit .......

It fits perfectly, revelation tells that this will happen,and when, you even just said so yourself.

There is more ..why would Israel be burning weapons after the thousand year reign when the thousand year reign is about peace ..no wars >?

If gog and magog come in war against God's people, 1000 years after the return of Christ, they are going to have weapons, aren't they?

Eze 39:9 And they that dwell in the cities of Israel shall go forth, and shall set on fire and burn the weapons, both the shields and the bucklers, the bows and the arrows, and the handstaves, and the spears, and they shall burn them with fire seven years:
(Notice the seven years ? The passages above this one is after God intervenes and most of Gogs army is lieing dead in the streets of Israel they bury them for seven months (Not the fowls of the air or beasts of the field eating them ) >.......

It says they come against and die in the mountains of Israel, but the word translated as mountains (har) also means mountain. A mountain in prophecy is symbolic of a kingdom, and since the death of Christ, even gentiles can be grafted into the olive tree of Israel, since Israel is now spiritual (Romans 11). The mountain of Israel spoken of at this time is Christ's Kingdom, which will be covering the Earth.

Daniel 2:35 speaks of a great mountain, filling the whole earth, and then verses 44-45 identifies this mountain, the stone that destroys the statue as the kingdom of God. Gog and Magog come against all of Christ's kingdom, not just the physical land of Israel.

The fowls and beasts eating is at the battle of Armageddon.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I appreciate the time your taking to show me this ..

I have done alot of study but not much into these battles or about Gog .
And some of the scriptures in Rev I dont get sometimes lol ....I get all caught up with the imagery *Trying to visualize it ..and I get lost ..(same with some things in Daniel .....

It was just recently that I started really thinking about the Ezek war ..Because of those countrys it mentions (Lybia,Ethiopia and Lud) ...and was seeing some stuff in the news about some aligning going on with them and Russia ..as was just wondering when that was supposed to happen ..
I am still thinking that there is something in Ezek that I need to look closer at ....I am going to be praying on it ...because it has really been on my mind lately ...

So let me see if I get this .
After the mark of the beast is ..then they get the plaques (wrath of God) then Jesus comes back with saints ...then wars with satan and all those with the mark ? Then he grabs satan up and he chains him up ....and what about those men with the mark ? When Christ comes and his saints he also sends all the beasts to eat ....(I figured that was going to happen after the thousand years).
That is the treading of the wine press (If not when is that )? When the blood goes to the horses bridle etc ? ...a great battle ..which is Armegeddon ..(a battle with Gog ) ..(This is also the Ezek battle ? that says they will be burying the dead for seven months and burning weapons for seven years and your saying they do this into the Millinium ?)

Then at the end of the thousand years ....after satan is loosed awhile ..
Then it happens all over again ? And then another battle happens (the last final one) ....that one is with Gog again ....and again the beast of the earth etc all eat the dead bodies again ?satan and all his minions this time get thrown into the lake of fire ....forever ....
Is that correct ...

I still think the seven years of them burning their weapons is during the trib .
But I could be mistaken ...
I cannot imagine why they would have to burn weapons ...I thought the earth was going to be renewed ? Or is that after the thousand years too ?

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I appreciate the time your taking to show me this ..

No problem, I learn more myself when I delve into such topics.

It was just recently that I started really thinking about the Ezek war ..Because of those countrys it mentions (Lybia,Ethiopia and Lud) ...and was seeing some stuff in the news about some aligning going on with them and Russia ..as was just wondering when that was supposed to happen ..
I am still thinking that there is something in Ezek that I need to look closer at ....I am going to be praying on it ...because it has really been on my mind lately ...

A lot of prophecy is fulfilled physically, and then more spiritually at a later date. In revelation it talks about the kings of the east coming together to battle the beast at Armageddon,thekings ofthe east would be Russia and Asia. The word Armageddon is transliterated from Har-Megiddo, or Hill/mountain of Meggido, which is in physical Israel. Considering what I was saying earlier about Gog Magog coming against the mountain of Israel (spiriutally the Kingdom of God) Armaggedon itself could be a more physical type of the gog/magog war at the end of the 1000 years. The armies gathered at Armageddon, destroyed by the return of Christ from heaven, could be symbolic of the Gog and Magog coming against the kingdom of Christ and being destroyed by God's fire from heaven 1000 years later.

So let me see if I get this .
After the mark of the beast is ..then they get the plaques (wrath of God) then Jesus comes back with saints ...then wars with satan and all those with the mark ? Then he grabs satan up and he chains him up ....and what about those men with the mark ? When Christ comes and his saints he also sends all the beasts to eat ....(I figured that was going to happen after the thousand years).

According to revelation, all this takes place at the return of Christ.

That is the treading of the wine press (If not when is that )? When the blood goes to the horses bridle etc ? ...a great battle ..which is Armegeddon ..(a battle with Gog ) ..(This is also the Ezek battle ? that says they will be burying the dead for seven months and burning weapons for seven years and your saying they do this into the Millinium ?)

Going by Revelation, Armageddon is the armies of the Kings of the East and the Beast kingdom coming together to war, but both of them being destroyed by the return of Christ and his saints, with the beats of the earth coming to eat, blood up to the horses bridle etc.

Then at the end of the thousand years ....after satan is loosed awhile ..
Then it happens all over again ? And then another battle happens (the last final one) ....that one is with Gog again ....and again the beast of the earth etc all eat the dead bodies again ?satan and all his minions this time get thrown into the lake of fire ....forever ....
Is that correct ...

The battle of Gog and Magog mentioned after the 1000 years doesn't mention about the beasts and fowls eating bodies etc, but if the bodies of this war are buried seven years, it must be before the great white throne judgment, because it mentions that death and hell (here translated from the word hades, meaning the grave) are thrown into the lake of fire. There are verses hinting that when the resurrection takes place 1000 years after the return of Christ, theses people will live for another 100 years before the great judgment...

Isaiah 65:20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die a hundred years old; but the sinner being a hundred years old shall be accursed.

Most people today cannot be judged on their lives because they are deceived, and many have not even heard of God. This age is the age of man and Satan, as a testimony to what man does without God, then we have the 1000 years of Christ's reign on Earth, as a contrast. Ever wonder why the week has 6 days for man to do his thing, then 1 day to come before God? It is symbolic of God's 7000 year plan, one day for 1000 years. 6000 years for man's rule, 1000 years for God's rule. Most people will live another life, and be judged on that, when they will have no excuses. They will have the kingdom of God before them as proof. That is what is meant by the second death (to die twice, you have to live twice right?), and most people not living again until the 1000 year reign of Christ is complete.

I guess the Gog/Magog war takes place during this second lifetime, because it says it takes place after the 1000 years, and revelation says there will be another massive resurrection after 1000 years, so this Gog/Magog war takes place after the second resurrection...

"But the rest of the dead lived not againuntil the thousand years were finished." (Revelation 20:5)

Revelation 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

REVELATION 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

So since the second resurrection takes place 1000 years after the return of Christ, and the Gog/Magog war takes place after the 1000 years are expired, and Satan is released for a season to do this, this war takes place at least after the 2nd resurrection, which would make it during this 100 year time frame allocated for man's second life (those who did not take part in the first resurrection at Christ's return), which is after the 1000 year reign of Christ. I know this isn't what is taught in most churches, and that is why it is hard for most to understand.

I cannot imagine why they would have to burn weapons ...I thought the earth was going to be renewed ? Or is that after the thousand years too ?

It doesn't say they HAVE to burn the weapons out of necessity, it simply says that they do.

[edit on 19/11/08 by doctorex]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Also, if you want to look into the identity of the 10 lost tribes etc, I highly recommend reading this free book online....

The united states and great Britain in prophecy - biblical-truth.com...

It helps to understand prophecy a lot more, by unlocking a lot of symbolism. It will blow your mind.

Check out also - MYSTERY OF THE AGES - biblical-truth.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
[The united states and great Britain in prophecy - biblical-truth.com... ]

I have read that one ....it was very interesting ..
I will check into the other one you mentioned ..

Thanks for the studying with me ..I appreciate it ..

I dont know if I agree completely with you on some of this ..but hey we are learning together ..this is good ....

I am going to do some more digging ...will get back with you ...

top topics

join