It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introduction to Atlantology

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Uneducated? Sky I will note that in your long list of things to study there was little if any importance given to science.

Not to science, but to Atlantology.

ie demonstrated they could speak an unknown language?

Oh yes, channellers have.

Even Ive been recorded in an altered-state of awareness, speaking fluent Greek - a language which I have no knowledge of whatsoever.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
A recent documentary had mentioned about civilzations that were covered with melting ice water, possibly from a more recent ice age?

No doubt there are many submerged cities they have yet to study.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by aleon1018]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

'Atlantology' isn't a science from what I've seen you outlining what to study, which brings up the question as to why you are trying to give this idea a scientific sounding name when it isn't scientific?

You do understand the purpose/reason of putting -ology after a word don't you Sky?

Oh you can provide proof that channelers can speak unknown languages? Should we ask you to provide proof of your claim?

To other issues.

For Nohup

I've noticed that you and several others in different threads have mentioned that one of the areas that Atlantis is suppose to be "advanced" in is agriculture. Why agriculture? Why is that part of mythos?

[edit on 17/11/08 by Hanslune]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

'Atlantology' isn't a science from what I've seen you outlining what to study, which brings up the question as to why you are trying to give this idea a scientific sounding name when it isn't scientific?

Atlantology is the term we refer to when talking about Atlantis research. Its not a term from science but from Occult Study. As mentioned in the opening post, no scientific claims are being made.

Come on...contribute something of intelligence...you said you studied some of the things mentioned. Tell us about your studies.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
So Sky are you claiming Xenoglossia or Glossolalla?

Documentation supporting the former are extremely rare and only circumstantial for known languages, there is no proof (AFAIK) of the ability to speak an unknown language but proven for the later.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

there is no proof of the ability to speak an unknown language

I couldnt care less Hans.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
And, Hans, that reply pretty much sums it up, doesn't it?

Harte

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I once showed the video-tape of me channeling greek to one of those pseudoskeptics, and his only comment was: "Its fake. You learned those phrases beforehand. You're a good actor".

So there is really no point in making any scientific claim whatsoever. Lets just call it speculation and go our merry way in speculating on Atlantis here.

And if you dont like that...make a thread entitled "Why Channeling is BS" or "Why Atlantis is not real".

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I once showed a video tape of Skyfloating telling his friends that he had faked that videotape of him "channeling" a foreign language.

What, sky? You didn't like my comment?

Well, you can't prove it's false so by your logic it has to be true!

Harte

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
GREAT THREAD!

I just posted a thread about Atlantis too today. Very interesting. I am not sure to believe if it existed or not but it sure is interesting. I read about it anyway as it does seem very possible. I dont think we know either way until someone starts checking out the depths of the Atlantic.

Here is my thread....sorry to hijack but its worth watching the video.

The destruction of Atlantis

Peace.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
1234567: Thanks. I´ll be sure to check it out.

Harte:

[edit on 17-11-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I've noticed that you and several others in different threads have mentioned that one of the areas that Atlantis is suppose to be "advanced" in is agriculture. Why agriculture? Why is that part of mythos?

Up to a certain point in human prehistory, we were mostly small migratory tribes consisting of a few families. But there was a point at which we managed to learn to grow crops, domesticate animals, and build at least some kind of relatively large towns and cities. That move from wandering tribes to living in cities was a huge step forward for us, and seemed to happen relatively overnight.

Assuming for a moment that Atlantis was on a large island in along the mid-Atlantic ridge, it would have had all the necessary features to make something like this possible. A warming climate from the Gulf Stream, fresh water river systems flowing from the mountains in the north and west, fertile soil from the volcanoes, etc., which would have in turn made it much easier for people to move into cities. Without referencing it, I believe Plato had a few paragraphs relating to the abundance and variety of food available in Atlantis.

Of course, there are other places this also happened, and maybe independently. Iraq/Babylon, for instance, along the Tigris and Euphrates. But there's still a question as to how so much of their culture could have come into being so quickly. They naturally get a lot of the "credit" for being the first to come up with this stuff, but that might primarily be because they managed to avoid complete destruction.

The poor slobs in Atlantis, who were apparently on the wrong end of an asteroid/comet impact at the beginning of the Younger Dryas, could have easily come up with this stuff first. They only managed to spread a little of it around, then were all but forgotten after the big one hit, surviving only as fragments of mythology, such as found in the Bible and Plato, among other places.

Here's a good page discussing the wild temperature fluctuations that happened "coincidentally" just around the time Plato mentions for the destruction of Atlantis:

www.ldeo.columbia.edu...

Anyway, the idea is that the seemingly rapid growth of cities and civilized culture with agriculture, animal domestication, writing/laws and astronomy might not have been as rapid as it appears, if you give Atlantis a few thousand years to develop the basics of it first.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Okay we'll take your claim for that ability to be false then.

There are ways to do prove you can do this Sky, it takes effort and time. However you could do it- but I suspect you won't

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Thanks for the explanation Nohup. My interest in that is that the development of domesticated crops show that they didn't show up "domesticated" they developed over a long period of time and in many cases we know approximately where they came from (the original wild version is still there). Atlantis doesn't seem to fit into this picture. So what food crop is thought to have come from Atlantis? You do need a domesticated crop for large populations even if you have large amounts of protein available - herds and fishing.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Okay we'll take your claim for that ability to be false then.

"We"?

There are ways to do prove you can do this Sky, it takes effort and time. However you could do it- but I suspect you won't

Time wasted Hans. Its much more fruitful to go beyond the mundane than fight with people unwilling to suspend their materialist belief-system.

I do feel a bit sorry for the time some Atlantologists waste trying to convince the die-hard skeptic.

I have not seen a single one of these type of people swayed by evidence in the more-than-a-decade Ive been involved.

What about your claim to have studied some of the stuff listed? Lets see some of that.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

The legends and myths of extraterrestrial visitors have been recorded in religions, artwork, literature, and philosophies since the early beginning of history.

The Judo-Christian History refers to these visitors from another world as Nephilim, Cherubim, Seraphim, and angels. The Sumerians called them Igigi, the ancient Mali called them Nommo, the Greeks, Romans, Egyptians, Asians and other cultures named them gods and goddesses. We call these loving, playful, benevolent ancestors, Xylanthians, from the planet Xylanthia

I saw the word Xylanthia mentioned earlier in this thread and had no idea about it.

If anyone wants to read more about it there is this link.

www.atlantis-motherland.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

If Atlantis DID exist, it could help explain why plants thought to be solely of South American origin found their way into the lives of Ancient Egyptians...

Maybe there was another source.
Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
If Atlantis DID exist, it could help explain why plants thought to be solely of South American origin found their way into the lives of Ancient Egyptians...

Maybe there was another source.

Well, the Phonecians were supposedly awesome sailors who may or may not have had secret, irregular trade established between Africa and South America. Tobacco and coc aine from South America to Egypt could have made it in small quantities along the busy ancient trade route through central Africa, via Timbuktu.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

I'm sure it could have. I was just making mention of it as a speculative guess. I have always found that quite intriguing, though.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Nohup

Thanks for the explanation Nohup. My interest in that is that the development of domesticated crops show that they didn't show up "domesticated" they developed over a long period of time and in many cases we know approximately where they came from (the original wild version is still there). Atlantis doesn't seem to fit into this picture. So what food crop is thought to have come from Atlantis? You do need a domesticated crop for large populations even if you have large amounts of protein available - herds and fishing.

People can't live on fish or cattle alone. They just don't have the necessary nutrition. But I don't know what crops they might have worked toward domesticating. Rice, perhaps. Potatoes. Wheat, I would imagine. Other crops common to South America these days.

Either way, it's not so much the crops that would end up being exported, it would be the knowledge of how to do the domestication by selective breeding. Whether it was crops or animals. That knowledge could then be applied to local crops.

And, it's true, there was likely lot of parallel development going on in various other locations, with the geniuses of whatever particular cultures figuring some of this on their own. So it would be better to think of Atlantis as a possible precursor to all this, and in perhaps a few situations, maybe a very distant and forgotten influence. It's hard to imagine just how long ago it was. Almost 12,000 years. That's a long time, so it's not difficult to imagine that they would be essentially forgotten.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join