It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Brown Shirt" Euphemism?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
It's posts like

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I've been hearing about things like this in our schools here. NOT college level - but middle and high school level. Black students threatening white students - saying things about Obama being POTUS so white people will 'get theirs' etc etc.

Largely unreported in the MSM. Locally, it is being reported.

Also - word of mouth - other moms are hearing it from their kids as they come home from school. (public school)

and

Originally posted by ChrisF231
Its happened at my college (SUNY Suffolk formerly known as Suffolk County Community College). The day after the election, the 2 Black girls in my math class walked in 10 minutes late and started saying things like "You reap what you sow and its harvest time for you White *Snip*.

I actually wanted to smack the one girl silly but then I realized it would be brought up on hate crimes charges and I would be forever branded a racist Neo Nazi.

If I have learned anything from the past 2 weeks its that Obama supporters are the most arrogant, ignorant, racist, blind sheep on the face of the Earth.

that are foundin this post to be indicative of the next move towards a "civilian national security force."

I wasn't aware of just how blinded many people are until I read and heard about many accounts just like these. But it kind of makes sense, doesn't it? That emotional support of O'bama, however malicious and reciprocation-oriented, can be used.

Assume everything goes forth as many people say it will and the United States economy continues to spiral downward into an inescapable vortex of world-shattering doom. Unemployment is at an all time high, and many businesses have shut down, leaving many people to fend for themselves.

"I need to support myself and possibly my family," the average, poor black man of America cries out, "where can I find a job in these dark and harrowing times?" A voice responds,

"I can help you! I have plenty of jobs with good pay (and a 'better' currency?) available." The black man turns around,

"Government? I understand that you're admirable in theory but in today's world you're power is used by evil white men who, among other things, keep the black man down. How can I trust you?" The government thinks for a moment, then answers,

"Look, average black man, I know you haven't been treated fairly in the past, and I am aware that I have mostly tried to get you took ignore me up until this point, but look at me now! I've changed! I'm black now too, which basically means we're brothas. You look after me, I look after you, right? Now, I know all of america is a mess but I can help you out. I'm in the market for a domestic police force, and you happen to need a job." the average black man acknowledges this a true and the government continues,"To prove my solidarity, im offering the jobs to the people with the lowest incomes first (which just happens to encompass a large number of average black men)." The average black man considers this, and determines this to be cochere, so he says,

"Straight, thanks." Pleased, though not thoroughly surprised, that they had gotten this far, the government expands.

"The job pays very well, and you get all the abilities of our police force, and some of the abilities of our military force!" The average black man's jaw drops,

"Really!?" The government smiles,

"Yessir."

The average back man ponders for a minute because previous experience has taught him that things don't normally work out this well.

"So let me get this straight. You're not only going to give me a job to feed my family, but a position of power that will probably supercede our existing police force as well? And therefore give me the power to police average white man, my publicly declared social nemesis?"

MOD Edit Removed Profanity

[edit on 11/16/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The goverment puts his arm around the average black man, "All that and more, my friend."

"Get your arm off me," says the average black man, "and tell me where I can sign up for this dream job!" The average black man and the government begin to walk off into the sunset,

"Alright, now we're talking! There are a few stipulations when joining this force though."

"That's alright man, we're bros. I'll do whatever you want me to, just pay those bills and keep the average white man below me..."

This story illustrates my point. We've seen this game played on an emotional and social level in many instances. why would this be different?
The average black man would have every reason to join a force like that, AND the government would be able to remove a large number of probable dissenters (revolutionaries?) and reinsert them into the equation on their side.

It's genius really.

And I've thought of a title for my story: The Average Black Man Goes to [training] Camp.

I think this would be a viable option for the government to use. Your thoughts?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Wow. Highly offensive, highly controversial. That said, on a broader, more discreet level, I could see this possibly take place for not just the "average black man" but for the "oppressed poor."

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
There is another possible reason for this "civilian security force". Traditionally, when the economy tanked, governments resorted to war. That resulted in increased employment, increased production, and a strengthened economy. Now, it seems the Obama administration is going to try a different approach. Instead of sending people off to war, put them in a civilian "army". Unemployment goes down, because they are now removed from the unemployment roles, productivity goes up, because we now have to produce more goods for this civilian force to use, and the economy improves. It is just a variation of FDR's alphabet soup solution to the Great Depression.

link   

Originally posted by CSquared288
Your thoughts?

Put down your copy of Mein Kompf.

Stop going to Neo Nazi and KKK gaterings

Take the confederate flag off of your wall.

Educate yourself to the realities of a multi-cultural world.

Get to know more "black men" than you can count with your ten fingers.

link   
Very true. I only single out the 'average black man' because, like it or not, much of the emotional tie between O'bama and many of the responses that come from the uninformed public are racially charged. I do not think it would be above the PTB to play that card for means to an end.

And not a thing in this post was meant to be racist or slanderous. I'm half-black myself and I am coming from an angle of objectivity.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by CSquared288]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I am all for a state an local militia but that is not what Obama is proposing. A civilian standing army that swears allegiance to him? Makes me shiver. We don't need to spend money that we don't have on this force, we need to curb spending and practice fiscal responsibility. Pipe dream, I know....

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
That's what I was thinking about. I was contemplating a scenario in which the government does in fact declare martial law not only to quiet dissenters, but to control the societal "drop-outs" as well (as there are many already, for the law to have any meaning, the force that it empowers would have to carry out it's enforcement. This is where a forseeable problem arises. Most of the people that comprise this force (whether police or military) have friends and family that would be negatively affected by this. I believe that in a war of the classes, much of our security forces would defect, and side with the middle/lower class if such an order were handed down.

Possible solution: A large, disillusioned black male populace whose paradigm has been purposefully shifted, ever so slightly, to encompass the idea that the proverbial "white man" is the cause of all their problems (including socioeconomic status). Many truly, vehemently believe that O'bama is going to profoundly change their life. So is it far-fetched to think that maybe the loyalty to the black president who's promised the world could be manipulated? Not really. An already closely knit group of individuals whose loyalty resides mainly within themselves. With the message of their intention veiled in political rhetoric (as they clearly do even today), I am worried thinking about what a large number of the american populace could be convinced to do...

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Another day on ATS.

Another post by a seemingly sore Republican/bigot, or both.

See... your post reads like the kind of thing the KKK might use as propaganda.

The world is different now ya know, people of all races are allowed to do everything that white people are. Something to do with equal rights you see. I know that might be a difficult concept for you but this is 2008, and we do things differently now.

Dude....McCain lost. Get over it

[edit on 17-11-2008 by Moon Knight]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I thought brown shirts were recruited by hitler and his party?Big difference to a few kids in school running their mouth.Also Germany was in alot worse place at that time than America is now.
So i think this is more scare mongering from people who are afraid of change

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I love all these posts about Brownshirts as, more often than not, such clumsy and innacurate comparisons merely highlight that the people who use such baiting and inflammatory analogues aren't really that familiar with the 'Brownshirts'.

I find scaremongering such as the 'Brownshirts are here! And we know what the Brownshirts did!' type ranting ridiculous simply because if they actually knew the history of the Brownshirts, then they'd also know the fate that eventually befell the Brownshirts.

Ultimately, during the Third Reich, the Sturmabteilung weren't big players. To the extent that, whilst not many will openly admit it, I wonder how many people making these comparisons were actually familiar with the Sturmabteilung before Obama's proposal anyway. The bigger threat to the German people and the rest of the world were the regular German military and another paramilitary organisation that people will be more familiar with: the Schutzstaffel.

What's funny is that America already has a military that's being backed up by a private paramilitary force called Blackwater. And people are crying about 'Brownshirts'?

If someone is making some kind of comparison, they can't be selective about it. They can't take the parts that suit their scaremongering but ignore the other parts.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Such things should only be spoken about from a first hand perspective!

You endanger us all with this he said she said, repeating of who knows what dreck.

You say others are inciting your doom but you feed mutual doom by being a pawn of the unscrupulous and untruthful if you speak these things from any but first hand experiences.

You should back off this thread. Do not foment civil unrest during these hard times. Do you want a civil war? Do you want a hundred years war in the streets? Do you wish that upon your family, friends and children?

Learn to show graciousness, and restraint when possible, and strength when needed but not anger when unwarranted.

My family will thank you! Please take this to heart, it is not a game, it is not a joke. You are talking about that which leads to large scale random murder in the streets.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
wow.

For all you people who claim that this is the new world and you are above this "racial dichotomy," you sure clam up fast and get defensive when I suggest and idea that paints this group is a bad light.

The second I posted this thread my credibility and motive were attacked.

So let me clear some things up:
There is no racial prejudice or bias meant in this post, and if you find any, you are projecting.
I AM BLACK, if you did not read my other post, so yes i have 'first-hand experience', although you didn't really explain what you meant by that.
By virtue of the previous fact it would make it hard for me to attend nazi, kkk rallies and the like.
I haven't ever read mein kampf, although I hear it was very interesting reading.

I am neither republican nor democratically affiliated, so I am not angry that McCain lost. I am somewhat worried about the sweeping O'bama win, but the so are many others.

The point of my post is not fear-mongering. I simply put possible pieces that existed together to see what they came out with, and my conclusions are not all that meritless. I posted it here to see what the open-minded people of ats might have thought about it, and most people can't get past the fact that I implicated black people (*gasp* which we're not supposed to do because, duh, we're all equal now so you can't say bad things about them, ever) in a negatively connotated light. Which is weird because in my view of equality, one should be able to DISCUSS any subject matter rationally, regardless of whom it implicates or in what. Except for supersecretsquirrel and profemritus, noone seems to able to discuss this in a rational, all-misconceptions-and-prejudices-aside-type manner.

So you all get YOUR OWN heads out of your asses before you start attacking me and discuss this when you feel race won't be a sensititve issue for you.

'cause it shouldn't be.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by CSquared288
It's posts like ...

That first one is mine.

Originally posted by Azador
So i think this is more scare mongering from people who are afraid of change

What change? Obama is loading his positions with Clintonistas.
When obamamites say things like people are 'afraid of change' or 'they are just racist' or even sillier 'they are selfish'... :shk: UGH. So untrue.

Obama provides enough material to scare the pudd'n out of everyone.

To borrow a quote from another thread -

Originally posted by kaspermartyrphantom
Those of you who think Obama is a savior, might as well chip yourself now.

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
I find scaremongering such as the 'Brownshirts are here! And we know what the Brownshirts did!' type ranting ridiculous...

It's not scaremongering. It's being Paul Revere shouting the warning. Obama's civilian security force is a candy-coated name for what could easily become modern day brown-shirts. And yes ... I know exactly what they are.

WAKE UP. It could happen again.

edited to add - I don't know what 'race' has to do with this. The neo-Brownshirts will come in all colors, shapes and sizes. Just like Obama's followers.

[edit on 11/17/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

I find scaremongering such as the 'Brownshirts are here! And we know what the Brownshirts did!' type ranting ridiculous simply because if they actually knew the history of the Brownshirts, then they'd also know the fate that eventually befell the Brownshirts.

Ultimately, during the Third Reich, the Sturmabteilung weren't big players.

Well, I am well aware of the history of the SA. In fact, the SA was the major factor in Hitler's rise to power. By 1934, their ranks had swelled to over 3 million. Roehm became a threat to Hitler, and to remove that threat, Hitler resorted to the Night of the Long Knives. Killing Roehm and several dozen leaders of the SA, and installing Lutze as SA head, effectively weakened to SA. It is fair to say that without the SA, Hitler would never have risen to power.
Is that what Obama is trying to do? I'm not sure, but the OP has presented an interesting thesis to be civilly debated. I would not suggest just writing off the possibility that the civilian security force could not develop into something that would cause mass chaos in this country. Just look at what Emmanuel's plan has done just here on ATS. I also think it is a rather ironic twist that Emmanuel's first name is Rahm, which is phonetically equivalent to Roehm, and before you make comments about that, I am not implying anything about that but the irony.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
It's not scaremongering. It's being Paul Revere shouting the warning. Obama's civilian security force is a candy-coated name for what could easily become modern day brown-shirts. And yes ... I know exactly what they are.

WAKE UP. It could happen again.

Hahahahha! It's being Paul Revere? What, being Paul Revere whispering 'the British are coming!', the second time around? Even when you know that King George gets beaten the first time around? Your analogy makes no sense, nor does any comparison with the brownshirts.

It couldn't "happen again", because it didn't happen the first time around.

The brownshirts were subdued by the Nazis themselves: they lost, they weren't a threat to anyone in the end. That's how the brownshirts' story pans out. You can't turn out something into a threat - as if it's a warning from history - if they didn't turn out to be a threat in the first place.

Again for the sake of accuracy, if you want an historical analogy to get worried about, Blackwater are more relevant in being a paramilitary organisation running alongside the military (similar to the SS) than Obama's 'civilian volunteer' programmes.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

Well, I am well aware of the history of the SA. In fact, the SA was the major factor in Hitler's rise to power. By 1934, their ranks had swelled to over 3 million. Roehm became a threat to Hitler, and to remove that threat, Hitler resorted to the Night of the Long Knives. Killing Roehm and several dozen leaders of the SA, and installing Lutze as SA head, effectively weakened to SA.

You're typing it OK, but what aren't you understanding? You're pointing out - as I did previously - that the threat of the brownshirt was taken out by their own side. If you want to run with a dubious metaphor, you've got to take it to its conclusion. You can't be say 'oh noes! It's the brownshirts again!' as if it's the end of the America when you know that, ultimately, the brownshirts were taken out by the Nazis themselves.

It's a piss-poor analogy that doesn't really work, but I suppose, like a lot of American partisan politics, if it sounds scary enough then its 'good enough'.

It is fair to say that without the SA, Hitler would never have risen to power.
Is that what Obama is trying to do? I'm not sure, but the OP has presented an interesting thesis to be civilly debated.

Again, this makes no sense at all. Hitler would never have risen to power without the brownshirts? Unless I've missed something, Obama's already risen to power. How much higher is he going to go? The Super-Secret President of America? He hasn't relied on some 'civilian voluntary programme' to usher him into power. This particular comparison between Obama and Hitler has no merit at all.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Again, this makes no sense at all. Hitler would never have risen to power without the brownshirts? Unless I've missed something, Obama's already risen to power. How much higher is he going to go? The Super-Secret President of America? He hasn't relied on some 'civilian voluntary programme' to usher him into power. This particular comparison between Obama and Hitler has no merit at all.

First of all, Obama didn't have to rely on a civilian force to usher him to power, because he had the main stream media to do that.
Second, Hitler was elected, as was Obama, but after the election, he became a dictator. Could Obama become a dictator? Well, apparently many ATS members thought that Bush would cancel the elections and declare martial law. If Obama's SA were to create havoc, he could do the same thing, then dispose of his SA in the same way that Hitler did. Remember, Hitler didn't need to kill 3,000,000 SA members, just Roehm and a few leaders.

It's the brownshirts again!' as if it's the end of the America when you know that, ultimately, the brownshirts were taken out by the Nazis themselves.

They were only taken out AFTER they had accomplished what Hitler wanted to be accomplished, mass fear and chaos. It is you that cannot see the similarity, and merely stating that the metaphor does not apply, does not make it so.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

First of all, Obama didn't have to rely on a civilian force to usher him to power, because he had the main stream media to do that.

Surely, at this point you're dismantling the basis of any strength in the analogy yourself? You're actually giving reasons as to why the similarities between what Obama's proposing and the reality of the brownshirts don't stand-up to scrutiny?

Second, Hitler was elected, as was Obama, but after the election, he became a dictator.

Yes, I'm fully aware that Hitler was elected. However, he wasn't elected just by brownshirts, he was elected by the German masses, like Obama with the American masses - and that was before he's instigated his 'brownshirts'. So why the need for some neo-brownshirts in this equation? They don't fit the timeline you're suggesting or even the role your suggesting.

Could Obama become a dictator? Well, apparently many ATS members thought that Bush would cancel the elections and declare martial law.

Which he didn't and I'd be happy to hedge a bet that ATS members will be wrong again.

If Obama's SA were to create havoc, he could do the same thing, then dispose of his SA in the same way that Hitler did. Remember, Hitler didn't need to kill 3,000,000 SA members, just Roehm and a few leaders.

They were only taken out AFTER they had accomplished what Hitler wanted to be accomplished, mass fear and chaos. It is you that cannot see the similarity, and merely stating that the metaphor does not apply, does not make it so.

You might not have noticed, but Obama won the election. He doesn't need to create a popularity base like Hitler did; you might not like the fact, but Obama's already got it. Obama doesn't need to nurture a national pride and patriotism like Hitler did as you've already had that similarity to Nazi Germany for about 60 years.

If you think that Hitler wanted fear and chaos after he rose to power, you're mistaken. His goal after getting the people behind him was a 1000 year Reich based on order. Obama's already got people behind him - he won the election. In a couple of months he'll be in charge of - as I'm told often enough on this site - the most powerful and important country in the world.

Hitler might have needed a scape goat but let's face it, Bush found the new 'Jews' to demonise years before Obama was even in the running for President. So even that doesn't really work either.

None of your analogy makes sense.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
sweet. This is the type discussion I'm talking about.

I was not thinking about this situation in terms of O'bama gaining power, I was thinking of it more in terms of after he gained power, and how he would retain control when said, "unpopular decisions," are made. Hitler did not have have a populace of over 300,000,000 that needed to be dealt with. I am coming from the idea that choas and terror is a given. The imminent economic collapse of the United States is sufficient to usher in such a state of being. But, putting myself in the shoes of the ptb, how efficiently can the system work if there are people constantly trying to overthrow or change it, from the inside and outside.

Man, a domestic police force would be real convenient to keep out the riff-raff and control those within the system. I think the force will be created more with the intention disempowering the people, not empowering O'bama.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join