It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom! I Want Freedom!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
What is this word? Does it even mean anything anymore? Freedom. Freedom to say what you want without being stifled. Freedom to be and do what moves you.... what inspires you. Freedom to express your opinions when you see injustice. Freedom to be heard. Freedom.

Your freedom is gone EVERYWHERE. I do mean everywhere, even the very place you are reading this from right now. Your chair? Maybe more than even your chair. Maybe even your own mind. Maybe even all of your refuges. Are you angry yet? I am. I'm very angry. Very offended. I am ready to act. not just talk and be afraid of what I say on top of that. I am not afraid to be ostracized. I am not afraid.

Stop being afraid. Stop compromising what you say. Stop moderating your own opinions in fear of them being moderated for you. Be dangerous. Be uncensored. If you are censored, then come back and be LOUDER than before.

Do not let capitalism ruin your eternal and all encompassing right to be and to be heard! You hear me, don't you? Capitalism is the reason for all censorship nowadays. Be aware of that the next time your opinions get censored anywhere.

Get angry, and if you get censored, get LOUDER and GET ANGRIER!!! I repeat.... LOUDER, ANGRIER.

Even the offensive, they have the right to speak as much as the acceptable. If we are to deny ignorance, we have to defend EVERYONE's right of opinion.

I'm being very general here. I can name names, but people who get it will know the names. People who get it need to rise above the authority which is everywhere and moderating everything and they need to shut it down. Shut down the authoritative mechanisms. There's nobody above you. You are the savior and you do not need to accept.

NOBODY is above you. NOBODY should take away your opinions ands throw them in the trash. I do mean NOBODY!!!

Power to the people. Throw your gods, your bosses, and your leaders to the curb.

You, the individual reading this, are your authority.... and YOU should take back your responsibility and author your own life story unrestricted. UNRESTRICTED UNRESTRICTED UNRESTRICTED UNRESTRICTED UNRESTRICTED!!!!

Unrestricted... Do ya get me?

I have an issue with restriction. Apparently, many people have an issue with me having an issue with that, but I don't care. I will continue to express my displeasure with the issue at hand. If not one way, there are many other ways....

Freedom knows no bounds and freedom will always topple censorship of any and all kinds. Freedom is what existence is made of. Enemies of freedom are the only ones that need to fear.

[edit on 16-11-2008 by dunwichwitch]

[edit on 11/16/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I'd settle for a good ham sandwich myself.

Freedom is a state of mind not laws... laws are always limiting wherever you go.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Good start. Clear, to the point, and emotional. I have nothing further to add. I wish all could understand what freedom truly means. I stand up with you in the atemp to wake others up to the fact that we are FREE. We need to make our voice heard. All should excercize the freedom that is theirs by birth right, make your voice heard!

DON'T BE SCARED TO STAND UP TO TYRANNY. DON'T BE AFRAID TO MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD. AMERICA NEED TO HEAR THEIR OWN SPEAK. OTHERS NEED TO KNOW THAT THEY'RE NOT ALONE. WE ARE ALL FREE!

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
I'd settle for a good ham sandwich myself.

Freedom is a state of mind not laws... laws are always limiting wherever you go.

I just ate a liverwurst sandwich myself. A lot of people hate liverwurst. I'll bet that makes liverwurst sad... maybe not. The animals liverwurst comes from would be happier if their livers were safe from being ground into paste....

Anyway.... yes freedom is a state of mind indeed. You can imprison yourself... but most of the time, you are inspired to do so... well more like intimidated.

I feel sympathy for all of us outcasts that come to this website, because.... well, I'm censoring myself right now... I'm a partial hypocrite, I'll admit. But I only censor myself because you can attempt to get the message across without being blunt. You can be frank indirectly. We are outcasts, no matter how respected we may be in real life. In "real life" you censor yourself, you become a steril and soul-less version of yourself, and therefore you cast yourself out.... and I'll bet a lot of people here, this is their only refuge for speaking their mind. So....

Think about your refuges, outcasts. You want change? You need to take control of the change mechanisms. Think about what is yours. Your self esteem counts on it.

I wish I could directly be frank with you right now.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Quote from "Easy Rider"...

"Its difficult to be free when your bought and sold in the marketplace"

"Oh there gonna talk to you and talk to you and talk to you about..individual freedom...but when they see a free individual..its gonna scare em"

"No....it makes them dangerous"

Cheers!!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Easy Rider.... excellent film.

I'd just like to add something. They may be able to censor us everywhere we go as long as we require refuge.... but pretty soon, we will be forced to risk more than just our refuges. Our lives are at stake, and this is important. This isn't some entertaining talking point. This is a real issue, and anyone who censors our opinions.... I hope you feel comfortable with your criminality in the name of capitalism. I hope you learn, as well... once that capital dries up, how much power will you wield?

Will we choose to help you and let you speak freely? I sure hope we're better than to do unto you what has been done to us. I sure hope we can forgive the injustice.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Knowledge is power, and as long as one can think for themselves, and know what to do when its time to do something, that will be the key element in surviving whatever is thrown at us.

Think not of what they can do to you, think only of what you can do for yourself!!!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I think you have to tell people truth about things. Like truth about the fed, truth about what freedom actually means.

The true price of freedom is giving up control over others. Meaning to allow them to be as they want. Control over others is actually the bait used here. People think - oh their should be a law about that etc. And because they(the majority these days as the constitution is ignored) think - oh things should be forced this way, that they are doing a good thing. They feel as though they are gaining control over what others do, but in reality they have simply given up their freedom, and thus control over their own lives.

It sure is a pity that people aren't happy enough being about to control a single life, and are so unhappy they they feel they must control as many lives as they can.

Every issue in politics is 2 questions. The first question is never spoken of, and if you do speak of it, then you are labeled a kook. They keep the first question silent so that they can go ahead and answer it for you.

The first question of every issue is - Is this a job of government to handle. The question these days is an assumed YES. From that point, the debate and argument is kept on the 2nd question. Which way should it be controlled. Provide 2 directions in which it is to be controlled, and the people will divide themselves on the issue. All the while they never answer NO to the first question, which would render the entire debate over the 2nd question irrelevant.

As the price of freedom is to allow other people their own choice, the people are basically in effect giving away their freedom. Which they will quickly find out should they ever decide to change their mind.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I agree...share the knowledge.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Excellent post. That is exactly why any type of law.... no matter what word is used in substitute for "law".... is damaging to freedom. No law is written to protect. That is a fallacy. It is written to govern. To govern = control.

Think about the word government.

GOVERN = control.......

MENT = Mind....

MENTal GOVERNance.

Government exists for no other reason than supression of the mind.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

You should tell those who try to flavor our knowledge with their creative words for laws that they are doing even themselves a disservice. Anyone who says "We need order. We need police." also silently gives away their freedom to order and police themselves.

What do you want us to do, thought police? Buy your shtick? Buy into our
thoughts being thrown away because it doesn't agree with your flavor of order?

When will someone who has the "authority" to stop this open the gate for us all to help you all do so?

We cannot deny ignorance while being governed and oppressed as well.

We must denounce all forms of government, no matter what flavor of language they use to cover up what it really is.

Don't think of the language they use. Think of the actions they take. Think of whether or not anyone is being thrown out with the trash that does not agree with the actions being taken.

That goes for everywhere. Every place which has rules and regulations.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunwichwitch
Think about the word government.

GOVERN = control.......

MENT = Mind....

MENTal GOVERNance.

Government exists for no other reason than supression of the mind.

Not that I disagree with the premise, but MENT actually = state. You have to use 2 different languages to get MENT = mind.

However, even in the meaning of STATE, it still really has the same meaning, but it is more directed towards a mass of people, rather than the single mind.

Control the state is what it means, and silently means to control the people, including their beliefs that the state is good.

Eventually someone will call you out on that, so good to know it now.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The problem with freedom in our society is the paradox the combination of freedom and society create.

freedom is the power to determine action without restraint.

Society was constructed to better our evolution and survival as a species, society is meant to be safe and secure.

Thats where the problems arise, freedom and society are contradicting ideologies that we try to pair together and make work.

What if I wanted to rape and kill a child in a free world it is my action to do so unrestrained by laws.

In a society I am captured and imprisoned. However you could argue that you can be free so long as you do no restrict the freedoms of other people. This still creates problems in the sense that freedom of myself is being restricted for freedom of others.

Freedom isnt safe or secure. Freedom doesnt gurantee happiness or survival, society does gurantee survival, safety and security (atleast it has the capacity to do so). What we need to do is better structure our society so that we can balance individual liberty with safety and security for the masses.

The type of world we live in now restricts our liberty and gives us the illusion of safety and security.

[edit on 16-11-2008 by caballero]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Well just look how "MENT" is used.... I mean you can get lost in official meanings, but just look at the way it is used.

The example I gave.... MENTal.

But there are more.

What was MEANT? What did you mean? What are your means? What's on your mind? How can anyone know what your means are or what you meant unless you STATE what is on your MIND? Haha see?

(Note... I rarely read any Jordan Maxwell stuff, but I agree with him when he states that you need to pay attention to where the meanings of words come from.)

I know what things are "supposed" to mean, but you have to look beyond that. You have to look at how they are used as a whole. It's all spelled out in our language. It really is.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by caballero

The lack of government can only be possible in a society where people are understanding and respectful(people like Jesus mostly). As long as there is evil, government will be in our society.

The role of that government however is in question. It is not the role of government to control all the people, it is the role of government to protect them from harm and to protect their freedoms.

Otherwise, governments will come and crush you, as the Indians found out.

A limited government is much different than unlimited government. It puts the people at the top of the pyramid, rather than the bottom. Where the government serves the people, instead of the people serving government. All people can pretty much agree on a common defense.

It's the different in a country coming together when someone attacks their land, and when a country comes together to attack someone elses land.

In fact, when I see people talk about aliens and such, the first thing I notice is the type of government they have(supposedly). I know right away when they say they are peaceful and all that, but live under a government that it's a lie. Because a government is a sign of evil in the society.

So while it would be foolish for us to give up government completely as you would have to ignore the evil present in the world, the proper role of government is very important.

I see 1 universal law, and that is not to infringe on the will of others. Many basic laws of society are automatic based on that law. Don't murder, rape, steal and such. To do so is to infringe on the will of others. And if you infringe on the will of others, then you have basically said you do not believe free will should be respected. So there is a big difference in a government which provides only this law, and 1 who wants to control society, and label anyone who disagrees with their laws a criminal, even though they have no infringed on another persons will.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by caballero

Who says you need this kind of society to enact justice? Who says you need laws to be safe?

If a man rapes and kills a child, do you think he's only gunna do it once? Once someone else finds out what the man has done, do you think they will just say "Oh well. No law and order. Nothing I can do." or do you think justice will be served by repercussion?

Safety. Like I said.... how can we know safety if we don't even know who and what we are? Is it safe to be completely controlled and guided by some entity? Is THIS society or any that has been around for a few thousand years at least TRULY natural?

How can we be logical if we know next to nothing and are not allowed the information?

I'm not saying you are being illogical, but there may be a plethora of information about the nature of existence that would tweak your logic quite a bit.

[edit on 16-11-2008 by dunwichwitch]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunwichwitch
Well just look how "MENT" is used.... I mean you can get lost in official meanings, but just look at the way it is used.

The example I gave.... MENTal.

But there are more.

What was MEANT? What did you mean? What are your means? What's on your mind? How can anyone know what your means are or what you meant unless you STATE what is on your MIND? Haha see?

(Note... I rarely read any Jordan Maxwell stuff, but I agree with him when he states that you need to pay attention to where the meanings of words come from.)

I know what things are "supposed" to mean, but you have to look beyond that. You have to look at how they are used as a whole. It's all spelled out in our language. It really is.

The problem I am saying is that greek has both words in it, but latin only contains ment.

I understand that even behind the words, the meaning is still basically there. It's pretty much true. But I advise against using the connection because you will be called out on the greek and latin parts, and it will be used against you(experience talking here - I found this out the hard way).

[edit on 16-11-2008 by badmedia]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

I would be the very last one on this planet who would go along with "We need order, we need control"!

Last thing I want to see happen is everyone loose their freedom to think for themselves..in fact I always tell people, and even post here and there in this ATS forum, to stop thinking about what they can do to you, but think about what you can do for yourself to overcome them.

Its quite easy..problem is...when the news and papers and forums are filled up with "worry about this, worry about that, go curl up in a corner and pout" crammed each and every day into the thought processes of everyday living, its much harder to convince people that it really is easy to overlook that nonsense and begin to have a clear mind to understand and see how easy it really is to bypass all the noise.

But I try and keep repeating, perhaps if some catch the message, than I can feel good that I helped someone wake up and step out of the line of the sheeple following the "G" hearder leading them off the cliff.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Imagine a busy city without any traffic laws, where everybody could drive in any direction at any speed. Would you want to drive under those conditions? No, that would be traffic anarchy and would surely result in many accidents. So too with God's gift of free will. Unlimited freedom would mean anarchy in society. There have to be laws to guide human activities. God's Word says: "Behave like free men, and never use your freedom as an excuse for wickedness." (1 Peter 2:16, JB) God wants free will to be regulated for the common good. He purposed for us to have, not total freedom, but relative freedom, subject to the rule of law.

Whose Laws?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
First both of you bring up very good points, one being (this is the most notable) all these words are just words designed to explain situations that we find ourselves in.

Safety/ Security
freedom from the occurrence or risk of injury, danger, or loss.

However we go throughout our daily lives with the acceptance that we cannot control certain things in our lives, we cope with the fact that we might become injured or die any given day of our lives. So even though we are force fed the notion that society is safe we come to terms with how unsafe it is everyday.

Freedom
Again is the power to determine action without restraint.

But as I have already pointed out freedom can be negative as much as it can be positive. Freedom is the natural balance between good and evil (or your individual perception of what is good or evil since no one can make up your mind on whats good or evil). the problem with freedom is anyone can do anything. \

Good/ Evil
Despite what many might think these words should have no clear definition, maybe a collective understanding of what they might mean but not clear cut definition. So what is evil? Is it killing or stealing? Or is our understanding of good and evil based only on our primitive understanding of life and the purpose of life, in which case its void. Why would I listen to someone ranting about me being evil when they have no clue what evil truly is.

Badmedia
Do not infringe on the will of others, I agree with this. This should be the backbone of the laws we make. However who is to say I own anything in this universe other then my own body, so things like stealing wouldnt apply to this unless we are talking about stealing someone else's body.

dunwichwitch
We are a young species, but we can apply the things we do know to make a better society. The problem is we dont apply the things we know to make a better world we apply them to control more than the other guy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join