It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have No Words.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
this women is the reason im proud to be an atheist. the things that she says are not only offensive but arrogant and ignorant. i have no words.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Well... the first thing I'd say is... I'm surprised some member of one of these fallen soldier's family hasn't run amok on the nutbags. I'm pretty sure I would.

As for not having any words... well I got one... Kharma... here's hoping it finds her soon.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I would think that woman and her church embarrass all people, Christian or not. You gotta wonder, what the heck is wrong with people like that.
The members of that church are a great example of brainwashing. I know a lot of the pastors kids and grandkids make up the church. You are born into it, get it drilled in your head from an early age, and if you're smart, or have half a brain, you leave as soon as you can.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Clark W. Griswold

i agree with you but this goes beyond religion. i dont agree with the war either but to disrespect the soldiers like that is a new low. these are probably the same assholes who still deny the holocaust.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
this one still believes the earth is flat, it happens once and a while.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I have never agreed with Hannity till now, and I am also an atheist. What a crock of crap these ass pirates are spewing. I have said it before Oz is responsible for more hate than the perception of the devil.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Of course it goes beyond religion. The church members are little soldiers for Fred Phelps. To be honest, I didn't watch that particular video. I knew of this church previously. They are the most disrespectful, idiotic , belligerent, and ignorant people I've ever seen, esp. in the name of religion.

One of these days, a deceased soldiers family is going to go bezerk on them, and I can't say it's not warranted.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by red 5
I have never agreed with Hannity till now, and I am also an atheist. What a crock of crap these ass pirates are spewing. I have said it before Oz is responsible for more hate than the perception of the devil.

How can you agree with either of them? Both are spewing propaganda out of both sides.
Hanity is paid lots of money for that spewage. That religious sect or whatever it is, is just attributing the elitists action to God's Wrath. Both

Just respect every human being and that's the end of it. Of course we should respect the dead, since they were people.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Congratulations!!
Your everything we've come to expect from years of religious training.
Now if you'll just follow me, we have one more test to administer, an eye exam.
Now if you'll just look over here, that's right, 'CLICK' **BOOM**

If there is anything true about any religion, it is that within every single one, there exists a dichotomy. A force of good, cannot exist without, it's not so good counterpart.
If they truly believe in the word of the "LORD OUR GOD" then they would recognize the belligerent side of the coin as well. "Luci**r".
Who without any doubt in my mind, is responsible for influencing all of the heartache in the world.

More towards, my own belief.
Just as I have described elsewhere, to realize true intelligence within ones self, you must be willing to question what it is you think you know already.
Always seek differing viewpoints, and realize that you could be very wrong.
To follow such a narrow path is indeed foolish to say the least. The only word that stood out, to me, from the entire bowl of snot video was, OBEY!!!
Religious brainwashing at it's best.
And I will say something which I know will stir some.
Religion has killed more 'BELIEVERS' than any other thing on earth, besides time.
Now I choose my answer to this person, despite the fact that I should remain open to all possibilities.
To think even for a moment that a GREAT CREATOR wants to see THEIR creations running around killing one another is preposterous.
Go and eat a bowl of F**K you racist zealot!!

[edit on 14/11/2008 by reticledc]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I am not a atheist and believe she forgot to say one thing, that is we can all ask Jesus for forgiveness.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyjames65

Excellent point!
Where did that idea go, I wonder?
Probably to the same place as her comb.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Ah the Westboro Baptist Church. Don't hear much about them anymore, I figured they had gone to Canada like they said they were to picket funerals up there and some lucky Canadian got the pleasure of beating them to a pulp or running them over. It's people like these who give Christians a bad name. Heck they give people in general a bad name.

And I'm with Resinveins, here's hoping karma finds her and her ilk soon and hard.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
Well... the first thing I'd say is... I'm surprised some member of one of these fallen soldier's family hasn't run amok on the nutbags. I'm pretty sure I would.

I would love someone to do it, or love to see someone else do it. If you look at their demonstrations, they have police guard :/

Awesome when our tax dollars go to protecting crazies [/sarcasm]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

yep one side of our taxes goes to the soldiers and the other half goes to protecting the soldeir haters.

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. was said by Voltaire but if he saw this he would be the one to throw the first punch.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Clark W. Griswold

Just like people who are solid in Republican or Democratic beliefs have it hardwired into their brain (Daily Planet on the Discovery Channel showed a study on it) some people subconsciously and at a young age call 'bull#' on something.

My grandma brought me to Catholic Protestant church, and my brother an I both found it boring, and a waste of time.

She took us to Sunday school a bunch of the times instead of making us stay in the sermon main room or whatever, and they'd try to tell me Jesus did a bunch of ridiculous things, and I'd look at my brother and be like, "Jesus is a magician, just like Merlin or something". Deep down I knew magic was just fun deception, especially when I got my first magic set. I connected Jesus to 'Sabrina the Teenage Witch' on TV.

Some are born as a genius, some need crazy story beliefs to hold on to, just like kids do to have fun and have hope for life, thinking they'll be astronauts or wizards, or anything else kids dream about and some naturally reject the ridiculous-ness and put it in the category of 'just for fun' while the others put it in their core beliefs.

Sure i have beliefs, beliefs are things you consider fact for one reason or another without sufficient evidence, and most of us BELIEVE in aliens, ghosts, the afterlife or anything, just because it's a good thought and it's what we WANT.

It'd be nice if a white haired beardy all powerful being created and cared for us, whilst constantly testing us by giving us free will for no reason and thus causing pain and death throughout the world, but come on, living a delusion because you'd feel sad without it, or worse, scared that you'll be stuck in hellfire ( which would look pretty cool, think about it, fire and explosions and whatnot, the colour scheme down there must be pro) isn't fair to your inteligence, and it screws up the world. Extremists are lame.

End.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Seems like a pocketful of hand-grenades could come in handy at military funerals these days.

I have a theory that this family have all been sexually abused from birth by the older men. Making this idiocy which masquerades as Christianity means they are hated by society. This means the victims stay apart from rational people who might teach them some logic, and stay vulnerable to the perpetrators.

That's the only way I can see the kids not getting out of that idiocy as they grow older.

Admittedly I was reading about Project Monarch before this thread, and that might have influenced the way I see it. But to me those kids look like victims of sexual abuse. And it wouldn't be the first time people have got away with their own disgusting behaviour by self-righteously pointing to other peoples' imaginary sins.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Counterfeit Christianity is what this is!

She has no idea what she is talking about... SHE is the one NOT OBEYING the true teaching of the Bible.

What does the future hold for Christianity?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by holywar
Counterfeit Christianity is what this is!

She has no idea what she is talking about... SHE is the one NOT OBEYING the true teaching of the Bible.

Why does this excuse come up EVERY time a Christian does something like this?

I'm so tired of Christians saying "They aren't really following the Bible" to excuse people like Ted Haggerd, the Phelpses, the Catholic pedophiles.

It doesn't matter whether these people are really trying to follow God or not, they are thumping the Bible and calling themselves Christians. That should concern all the "real" Christians out there.

From a non-christian, let me clue you in, you've offered me absolutely no motivation to convert, all you've done is prove that you as a group are more vehement in denying your human flaws.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyjames65
I am not a atheist and believe she forgot to say one thing, that is we can all ask Jesus for forgiveness.

I'm a Christian as well, and I think this woman is crazy...What a heartbreak it is to the family's that had to see and hear those things, they don't need to tag Christianity to what they are doing..................

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I'd love to see that woman's face and reaction if she was face to face with an invading army or a terrorist, and there were U.S. Military personnel a voice-shout away. My bet is she'd be loving those soldiers at that moment.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join