It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats with all the new people?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
its seems that ATS has had a recent surge in members. i don't know whether it was the election or the GFL but one way or another i see at least 5-15 new introduction threads. did ATS buy some air time and put out commercial or has this started spreading by word of mouth? any who jsut wanted to see if anyone else has noticed this.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I was wondering the same thing! Seven intros at once.

Is ATS advertising somewhere new or is there a meme leading people to the conclusion that all is not what it seems...

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I see.. It seems a new member is replying to the other intros, intern bumping them up on the "recent post" list,

The last post on all the new intros are all the same member

[edit on 14-11-2008 by asala]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
New member accounts: Past 7 days: 2,965

The more the merrier.
It's like ATS is a brain, adding one brain cell at a time.
We're almost smart.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Maybe no one wanted to stand out so they were waiting until someone else made an introduction and they introduced themselves and then the next one and the next one and the next one.

Or maybe it's like the saying goes ... when it rains it pours?

Whatever the case it's always nice to have new perspectives and I wish all of the new members 'happy ATS'ing'.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

We just had a Moderator meditation and chant session the other day putting out a mental call on all wavelengths for everyone owning a tinfoil hat to report in.

Seriously, I think that it's a snowball effect. We've been climbing in ratings and members at a steady upward curve for some time now, as best I can tell. Maybe we're reaching some critical mass where we take over the internet as the place everyone knows about, like facebook and some of those.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Maybe we should ask them how they heard about ATS in their intro threads. That would probably be helpful to the creators as well. Plus Im also curious, and for the record, I heard about ats on c2c.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
almost 3000 members in 7 days is insane. and we should start asking where they heard about us. i found out about this site 4 long years ago but never joined and renewed my interest this year and finally joined. its been fun.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Sdog, I would friend you again just for that post if I could.. Or applaud you... lmao. Youre so funny.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
lol..... a new president, a bad economy, an unpopular war, stocks crashing, 2012 aproching, voting at an all time high, unemployement up, ATS memberships through the roof.

maybe its just me, but maybe people are waking up.... Or maybe, just maybe Myspace can no longer except anymore more friends

J/k welcome to the suck

[edit on 11/14/2008 by FoxStriker]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

Maybe no one wanted to stand out so they were waiting until someone else made an introduction and they introduced themselves and then the next one and the next one and the next one.

Yeah that was my plan waiting for 3000 members to show up in one week before making an appearance lol

I signed up three months ago but I've only just mannage to get started in the last three or four days

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker
lol..... a new president, a bad economy, an unpopular war, stocks crashing, 2012 aproching, voting at an all time high, unemployement up, ATS memberships through the roof.

maybe its just me, but maybe people are waking up....

Yeah. Finally, eh?

It Would seem that "all of the above" are encroaching on more and more doorsteps, and are thereby inciting an otherwise voiceless ... uhm ... concern.

'magine that.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
like sdog said the more the merrier. getting informed is the first step.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker
lol..... a new president, a bad economy, an unpopular war, stocks crashing, 2012 aproching, voting at an all time high, unemployement up

Yep, lurking for years but this makes you feel ashamed to remain silent.

It will take everybody.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
What you are seeing is the result of our 10th year anniversary November 5, 2007 in NYC and the business plan that was put into play.

1. We are in 162 different areas around the world and they each download and secure all the shows in the Above Network LLC Media Division, ATS MIX, BTS MIX and Above Politics Show.

2. Jim Marrs newest book Above Top Secret.

3. Numerous things that I am not at liberty to discuss that further puts ATS as the number one leading site worldwide for alternative topics.

That should give you a small clue. And that doesn't count the numerous news sources around the world that frequent ATS for interesting things (Barksdale Missing Missile, as only one example). Then you throw in writers, directors, producers of TV and MOTION PICTURE who has used ATS as a SOURCE for material.... Fringe, 24, Eleventh Hour, etc.

With the intelligent community that ATS has now and will only be better in the future.... THIS is the place to come around the world for insightful and thought provoking material and thoughts.

IMEO, of course.

Dave

[edit on 11/14/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

That, and all the cool threads by Rabbit reverberating their way through the webs.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Is this one of those situations where the minority will become the majority? which still puts us as the independent party in a world full of Democrats and Republicans

or

are we going to be invaded by posts that where discussed years ago....

either way...

bring it on newbs

I look forward to the discussions, there will be blood

[edit on 11/14/2008 by FoxStriker]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I need to take part of the blame for the influx of new members.....

I told a friend about the site during a discussion about aliens, so he pulled out a laptop and created his own acct.
A couple friends of his wrote down the site name, and perhaps they signed in as well with accts.
An e-mailed ATS link to another friend enticed her to start an acct.

My brother and husband have been here for a while, but I'm sure they mention the site to others.

Part of the growth is from word of mouth, and those people we tell are discovering a fantastic place to hang their hat on the web.
This is because members have let them know about it.

Every little bit counts........

Edit: I like to edit

[edit on 14/11/2008 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

And the book isn't widely out there yet **still waiting it should be in a plane to Scotland by now** , I can imagine the membership going crazier very very soon.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join