It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pretty pissed that this made ATSNN...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
My take on it:

Who gives a $hit! It was meant as an April Fool's joke. Get over yourselves. I mean seriously.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I'm just glad there is some humor left here. We ALL take things too seriously at times. I have enjoyed the evening I was able to get between times I was looking like I was working.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I'm just glad there is some humor left here. We ALL take things too seriously at times. I have enjoyed the evening I was able to get between times I was looking like I was working.

People need to chill out and get a sense of humor.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
"People need to chill out and get a sense of humor."

Just a quarter at the five and dime.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
No reason that should have made it there.

It just made ATSNN look kiddish.

Out,
Russian

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Should not have made it to the news of ATSNN, news is news and I dont find it to be newsworthy.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracer
Should not have made it to the news of ATSNN, news is news and I dont find it to be newsworthy.

I am with you.

Think of people that wanted to find some news and stumble upon ATSNN and they would think of it when they see a top story that was just played for "fun."

It would ruin the ATSNN rep and people will never take ATSNN seriously.

Out,
Russian

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 04:24 AM
link   
What would they think?

Theyd think: "oh heh its april fools day, a horse, funny"

Then they'd come here, see how upset everyone is over it and laugh their arses off

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Hey.
If one of my local stations just got away with doing a story on this year's marshmallow crop ... complete with the reporter standing in the middle of an orchard where all the trees had marshmallows stuck on the ends of their twigs ... all with straight faces,
well, we can get away with the horse.

-B.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I think anyone complaining about this needs to lighten up. I also can't help but notice that most of the complaining seems to be coming from Right-Wingers, there's a surprise.

I also think that you Americans need to realise that the British take April Fools very seriously.

I think that what's gone on here is that some of you have actually been fooled by the headline, and now feel quite foolish indeed. Well, that was the aim of the article and the aim of the day.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ilovepizza
You do not see a newspaper printing an article that is fake and a joke on april fools day do you? I have never seen one, so why is it acceptable on ATSNN? It should not be allowed. Who ever allowed this to happen made a poor judgement call. I am ashamed at the people who thought this up. I think the people who came up with the idea should appologize for tarnishing the reputation of ATSNN.

Loads of media and newspaper april fools jokes here. Dont want to be right, or left, or middle winged. Just seems that this is all a fuss over nothin'

www.museumofhoaxes.com...

Check out number 9, didnt I see that on the Cryptozoo board ?

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 05:07 AM
link   
you beat me to that link Argus.
If the BBC can do April fools jokes then I'm sure that ATSNN can get away with it.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
What I want to know is why some members can type April Fools and others show up as (edit)?

[Edited on 4-1-2004 by darklanser]

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I am upset that there wasn't a PICTURE of the new Candidate in full battle dress!

Come on folks, life is hard enough, we ALL need to giggle once in a while...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I think its funny and more people need a sense of humor around here,

I'm all for April fools jokes or jokes in general...

I've actually gotten 5 people at work so far today

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
You're the kind of people that made sure playdoh carries safety warnings.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Hey Richie and Fonzie.....What did you do to Chuck?
Where is his body? Why didn't Mr. and Mrs. C. care that he never showed up to dinner anymore?

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ilovepizza
You do not see a newspaper printing an article that is fake and a joke on april fools day do you?

Wrong actually ILP. I don't know about the rest of the world, but in the UK it is quite a tradition...

Have a look at

www.guardian.co.uk...

where this is taken from:

"8. Offline, the world's media enjoy a laugh too. In 1996, the stories doing the rounds included news that Russia's military had developed diamond-studded grenades for nouveau-riche gangsters, Walt Disney had purchased Hadrian's Wall and style-conscious Princess Diana had taken to flying economy class.

9. The Guardian's own prank, a cheeky little ruse telling readers the Queen was setting up a website, turned out to be something of a scoop when www.royal.gov.uk materialised a couple of years later."

Links exist in the actual article above for those who wish to explore further.

Also, please see

www.museumofhoaxes.com...

where the "infamous" hoax perpertrated by the BBC - on the Spaghetti Tree

"#1: The Swiss Spaghetti Harvest
In 1957 the respected BBC news show Panorama announced that thanks to a very mild winter and the virtual elimination of the dreaded spaghetti weevil, Swiss farmers were enjoying a bumper spaghetti crop. It accompanied this announcement with footage of Swiss peasants pulling strands of spaghetti down from trees. Huge numbers of viewers were taken in, and many called up wanting to know how they could grow their own spaghetti trees. To this question, the BBC diplomatically replied that they should "place a sprig of spaghetti in a tin of tomato sauce and hope for the best." Check out the actual broadcast archived on the BBC's website (You need the RealVideo player installed to see it, and it usually loads very slowly)."

ATSNN is following in a proud tradition me thinks?

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Well I'm pissed too. This ancient body of mine forced me to sleep while you guys were havin all this fun. Cripes, It's going to take me hours to catch up. Straight-facers, it's only ONE day out of 365, everybody knows that, so kindly chill.

Oops. 366. Forgot it was leap year. Maybe that will mean we'll get 2 days for pranking.

[Edited on 1-4-2004 by intrepid]

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Oh for goodness sakes! This was a bit of fun. I really can't see what all the fuss is about - as people have said, we need t laugh.

My personal favourite f the day is this one.....

Gadgets for Everyone!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join