It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pretty pissed that this made ATSNN...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Yeah, you know what I'm talking about... the April Fools' article about Bush. Not only is it being displayed on ATSNN as a valid story, but it's been highlighted in flashing red lights-- literally.

This reflects very poorly on the value of whoever it is that makes these decisions. It was a clever article, and well-written, but it does not constitute news... it belongs in the Mud Pit, if anywhere.

I'm disappointed to see such glaring evidence of left-wing domination here; I really am. I hope that you'll reconsider such acts in the future.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
How can we do something if you dont provide a link?

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It's the farking red flashing alert story at the top of ATS main page drunk!

How can you miss it?

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Can we say... April Fools!! A bit early tho... Good joke, I thought it was quite funny.

WTF... Why can't i say "A-p-r-i-1 F-0-0-1-s"? Weird...

[Edited on 31-3-2004 by Faisca]

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
www.atsnn.com...

Right there; and yes, it's highlighted in a big, red, flashing box.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I don't see any problem with such an article being shown on April fools day.

Good on ATSNN for making a joke

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
You'll be pleased to know that Colonel is being made Editor-in-Chief of ATSNN then!

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I saw it the box aint flashing. sadly i cant do much about moving it, try sending a complaint then a Supermod might have alook at it.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Oh come off it...its one day out of the year...we all need time for a lil fun on here...and the moderators want to have some too....

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I still want to know why we can't type "A-p-r-i-1 F-0-0-1-s"? LoL. STOP THE CENSORShIP!!! Jeez!

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
"You'll be pleased to know that Colonel is being made Editor-in-Chief of ATSNN then."

Hey Kano, why not Skippy?
BTW, your avatar is the coooolest.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca
I still want to know why we can't type "A-p-r-i-1 F-0-0-1-s"? LoL. STOP THE CENSORShIP!!! Jeez!

Let me try....April fools

[Edited on 31-3-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
You do not see a newspaper printing an article that is fake and a joke on april fools day do you? I have never seen one, so why is it acceptable on ATSNN? It should not be allowed. Who ever allowed this to happen made a poor judgement call. I am ashamed at the people who thought this up. I think the people who came up with the idea should appologize for tarnishing the reputation of ATSNN.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
intrepid: Skippy is just too damn lazy to be Editor.

As far as my avatar, I just wish I could spell

'eeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyy'

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I feel your pain. What you are saying is that you would like to see more right-wing biased reporting/satire on April fool's? As for "glaring evidence of left-wing domination" - Would you rather have fascism running amok on these boards, is that what you want? I don't see how this piece should be relegated to the Mud-pit. It's April fool's Man! Get yourself together!

Aren't you supposed to complain using the correct channels? If you did, I stand corrected. I think you should be allowed to write your own satire about Kerry being replaced by a Clinton.

As Nerdling says in the story, "If any of you actually got taken in by this, then you dont deserve to vote, Happy April Fools 2004!"

Members are encouraged to provide frank and honest feedback to forum staff. However, please be realistic, juvenile rantings about "nazis" staff will be ignored. Please help us build a better ATS by giving us your honest feelings, along with suggestions for change. Your complaint will be posted anonymously, your IP will not be tracked, and we will review your concerns. If you would like a response, you must include your member name in your complaint! Complaints that result in a solution will be posted in a public thread, along with our solution.

what's the solution, then?

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Let�s not take ourselves so seriously. Sometimes we need to laugh and let loose. People that come to this site have a sense of humor and know not to take this type of thing negatively.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Originally posted by Faisca

Let me try....April fools

[Edited on 31-3-2004 by kinglizard]

HAPPY APRIL FOOLS 2004!!!!

I IS TEH WIN. For real.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

prophetmike's EDIT: What THE HELL?!

APR-IL F001S D-A-Y!!!
Whatever happened to freedom of speech?!

[Edited on 31-3-04 by prophetmike]

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Originally posted by Braatz:

all sorts of crazy #...

Wow, okay, calm down, Taquito. I never said I wanted right-wing propaganda out there either... you see, news is not meant to be any sort of propaganda, left or right, humorous or no.

Your rather sensationalist reply and urgings to "get myself together" have been duly noted, as has your own rather interesting incapacity to take a balanced view of the situation. Thank you, and good night.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

[Edited on 25-4-2004 by Braatz]

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Well, I just want to put in my opinion.

I'm not okay with it either.

April Fool's story maybe, ALERT! NO...bad form.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join