It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does the 'new' planet affect astrology?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
You'll have to forgive me... I don't recall what the 'new' planet's name is...

Having gone through a few of my astology books, I am left wondering, what changes will there be with the return of this planet?

Pluto was always reguarded as the planet that governs large global events, because of its orbit and the amount of time needed to change houses. But now with the discovery of this newest member to our solar system... I have to wonder, what does it influence?

Seeing as how the Sumerians already knew of this planet (and location), I would assume that they, being founders of the astrology field, would have some sort of texts in describing the aspects of, but there is nothing... unless, of course, I am missing something.

Now, all Stichlin theories aside... all Velokovsky theories aside... what does this new planet mean for us?

I am really (really) trying to not think too much into this, its return and all... don't wish to remember everything I've read about the 10th planet, and its habit of raining destruction onto us/chaos in the inner solar system... so please, any conjectures as to its astrological implacations would be appreciated.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
awesome question...i dont know much about astrology though

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Okay... I admit it... I am a doomsayer. For the past year, I've been collecting evidence that we are in for a world of hurt in the next 8 years (going from Hopi, Mayan, Sumerian, Hebrew, yadda yadda yadda). Have even read books by and about Velakovsky, Stichlin, and other advocates of a 10th planet... so this latest announcement by Cal Tech really has me un-nerved... all I need, is scientific evidence that there is an other planet(oid)... which fits the orbit pattern as needed by some authors...

Maybe I should edit the title to this thread?

Anway, here is a link for Sedna... has alot of useful information...

Sedna

And to further things along, Dr Mike Brown (info on him in above link), was qouted as saying:

"The last time Sedna was this close to the Sun, Earth was just coming out of the last Ice Age".

So then... if Pluto governs humanity as a whole. would Sedna govern over the planet?

Interesting topic, if I say so myself...

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
maybe we have another ice age coming, it's said theres usually a mini-ice age before a planet heats up and with global warming (which i think is a natural cycle anyhow) heating up the planet this might be the case

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
it doesn't. astrology is crap. it's based off of 5000 year old records from china and egypt, then intermixed with greek and roman mythologies.

also, with progression of the earth's poles the dates are all off... i'm a virgo by astrology, when really i was born during leo. oh, and why don't you ask about how in the modern zodiac there are 13 constellations?

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
it doesn't. astrology is crap. it's based off of 5000 year old records from china and egypt, then intermixed with greek and roman mythologies.

also, with progression of the earth's poles the dates are all off... i'm a virgo by astrology, when really i was born during leo. oh, and why don't you ask about how in the modern zodiac there are 13 constellations?

Here are the proposed results for the Mayan end Calendar... thus proving that this is absolutely not true:

December 12, 2012
December 21, 2012
December 12, 2112
December 21, 2112

Then there is mine that I got by a regular calculator:

December 12, 5128

There. My thought is spoken.

[Edited on 31-3-2004 by Shugo]

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by crispexi
maybe we have another ice age coming, it's said theres usually a mini-ice age before a planet heats up and with global warming (which i think is a natural cycle anyhow) heating up the planet this might be the case

Actually I think it's the other way around. There is an unusual heating up of the planet before an Ice Age hits. And we are now seeing unusually hot summers and late/weak winters.

Well, as much as I have seen reported anyway. If I recall correctly in 2003 Europe had one of the hottest summers on record where thousands of people died (mainly elderly) and the US also had a late fall.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong and report the conditions of your seasonal weathers over the last 12 months. How hot or cold have your seasons been and how late or early did they arive?

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
i like this question, and entertain it. this is the paranormal studies forum and you are all talking about this in what is in my opinion a scientific manner. i know the donkey fooloos in scientifc forums could not begin to understand so i understand.

cmdrkeenkid. are you serious? do you not believe that astrology holds any validity?

i am sorry but this alone has made me forget whatever else i was going to type about. well you gave me a link that my lost brother told me about before he died and yet now you are discrediting astrology? or am i not seeing clearly. your sun sign is not astrology. it is your natal chart. remember the theory of unification.

ok i think people elsewhere were discrediting this; i don't care. keenkid i am surprised.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Well, there's some debate now about what qualifies as a planet, so it may be that Sedna remains a planet while Pluto is disqualified ...

At any rate, I read a book some years ago that claimed the Zodiac once had 13 signs, though I do believe this was based on lunar months and not planets. The "missing" sign was between Taurus and Gemini, and was that of Arachne, the Spider. Alas, I don't remember the exact name of the book.

This site /2yd7a lists the 13th sign as Ophiuchus the Serpent Holder, and places it between Scorpio and Sagittarius.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Here's some interesting news about our new little buddy Sedna.

www.cathnews.com...

It's odd that the Catholic Church has a say in something scientific.

I think there will be new factors that the astrological community as a whole should sit down and discuss. A new sign of the zodiac should be created. How about The Phoenix? Since it's returning from a long "sleep".
It should symbolize rebirth and new beginnings.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by panchovilla
cmdrkeenkid. are you serious? do you not believe that astrology holds any validity?

yes, i am serious and yes i do not think that astrology holds any validity.

Originally posted by darklanser
I think there will be new factors that the astrological community as a whole should sit down and discuss. A new sign of the zodiac should be created. How about The Phoenix? Since it's returning from a long "sleep".

well the signs are all from constellations the sun passes through constellations on a line called the ecliptic, which makes up the zodiac. the records from ancient china and egypt were made when there were only twelve constellations on the ecliptic. at this point in time the "north star" of earth was the star Vega, as where now it is the star Polaris. this happened due to prcession of the earth's rotation; much like a top wobbling as it slows down.

as the poles of the earth underwent this the ecliptic changed. this change in the ecliptic has offset the zodiac by a few weeks and also added a new constellation - Ophiucus. this addition and time lag throws off all of the dates of the zodiac that is still used for astrology. hence why i say it's meaningless...

when someone comes up with new meanings and adjustments, maybe i'll start to believe it.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Well, that effectively discredits any and all horoscopes, charts, and any other readings that were based on the original planets.

Yeah, your horoscope that you read a week before they discovered Sedna...? Null and void now. Your horoscope that day should have been much closer to what actually happened. Had they known about Sedna, it most assuredly would have been completely accurate.

And that was the biggest pile of crap that I've heard all day. There you go. You're welcome.

Guy Smiley

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Question, if you're still reading this... Hell, for anybody, I guess...

From what direction/constellation system is Sedna coming from? I don't know if this is a relavent question or not, astronomy isn't my strong point.

It would be interesting, though, if Sedna did originate in the constellation of Ophiuchus; from what I read, that Zodiac sign, which lasts only three days, was 'discontinued' because it was a bad omen of sorts. Then, though, if it comes from the direction of Orion, we can chalk one up to the Sumerians and Egyptians...

The Ice Age thing was an interesting note. Especially if you take into consideration other events at that time, like the sinking of Atlantis and the construction of many ancient sites (going by geological/erosion signs on Pyramids, alignments, etcetera).

What would be even better, and would help this thread along, is to find out what happened 10500 years BEFORE the last Ice Age, see if there is a cycle of events. If there is none, thqan fine, nothing wasted. But if there is...

With the discussion of planet/non-planet... I'd be hard pressed for an answer. Being spherical certianly helps... having a moon is a plus, too... although Mercury and Venus don't have one. Having an orbital shape which matches other planets is a big bonus. But who knows... time will tell.

I know there is another thread on ATS which shows the orbit of Sedna... I'll have to copy it here. Might help.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I think the image is wrong. The picture states that the oval orbit (10th planet) is Nibiru... not Sedna. This leads me to believe that it came from a Stichlin book... but something is better than nothing, right?

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
question is... is it really a planet????

it almost didn't get classified as planet...so what if they didn't call it a planetoid and said it was just an asteroid caught in orbit?

don't think it makes any difference to the zodiac..plus the zodiac is about constellations not planets. yes i know planets locations in the constellations mean stuff but it's still really all about constellations..and this sedna may not even be a planet.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer
From what direction/constellation system is Sedna coming from? I don't know if this is a relavent question or not, astronomy isn't my strong point.

it would depend on when in time you're looking at it... right now? i'm not sure where it is. sorry.

With the discussion of planet/non-planet... I'd be hard pressed for an answer. Being spherical certianly helps... having a moon is a plus, too... although Mercury and Venus don't have one. Having an orbital shape which matches other planets is a big bonus. But who knows... time will tell.

are you talking about plut, or sedna? if pluto, it also has a VERY thin atmosphere. if sedna, i didn't know it had a moon.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
don't think it makes any difference to the zodiac..plus the zodiac is about constellations not planets. yes i know planets locations in the constellations mean stuff but it's still really all about constellations..and this sedna may not even be a planet.

True, as of this time, Sedna isn't a planet... astronomy speaking, but right now it is the next best thing. I know you mentioned it, that's why I quoted it... but in case others don't know:

Each of the planets has its own unique basic characteristics that it carries with it regardless of which house or in which sign it appears.
Of course, the action of each planet varies because its influence blends with, and is influenced by, the action of its repective sign and house. The aspects a planet makes with other planets are also a "modifiying influence."
-taken from Chapter 5, 'Astrology for Beginners, by William W Hewitt

One has to wonder, though... in regards to Sumer, they had a total of 12 planets (our excepted 9, plus the Sun and Moon). Each heavenly body held sway with an astrological house... yet there are only 11 heavenly bodies. Where was this 12?

I was always under the impression that the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter was the missing planet. There is a mathmatical formula which shows where planets can be located from a central source (ie its sun), and it showed that the belt was where a planet should have been located.

But, then again, there are the creation legends from Sumer, where Enki (others may know him as Marduk) tore Tiamat assunder. Some authors have speculated that Tiamat was this missing planet, and that Enki was a rogue planet.

So now, with this latest discovery (this is what... the third planetoid found in the past few years?), it just started to make me wonder if all the myths do have a basis in truth. If Sedna is the Sumerian Nibiru (or god Enki), then how did they known about it... unless the orbit isn't as long as what the experts are saying. Personally, I don't think they've had enough time to study it to determine just what it's orbit is like...

Anyway, to get back on track... the planets and what they influence:

SUN- ego and individuality

MOON- moods, memory, and subconscious thoughts

MERCURY- conscious, reasoning

VENUS- refinement, harmony, love, beauty, artistry

MARS- primative and aggressie urges

JUPITER- expansiveness, abundance in a person's life

SATURN- learning

URANUS- sudden changes, events

NEPTUNE- chaos, that which cannot be seen

PLUTO- affects entire generations

After seeing this... maybe Sedna does affect/have influence over the world as a whole. Seems to me that the further out you go, the more 'general' or broader area a planet rules.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I've done astrology (professionally.) It doesn't make any difference. At the slow rate it moves around the solar system, it would not have any huge impact.

There's no call at this point to make it any part of the ephemeris. We do count things like the Moon's nodes. A very few use some of the larger asteroids, but to be honest, that option doesn't seem to add much.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
We do count things like the Moon's nodes. A very few use some of the larger asteroids, but to be honest, that option doesn't seem to add much.

Add much? Add much what? Is there a substance or a hidden force that has an effect on our lives that is changed by the position of the heavenly bodies?

I never could understand how anyone could think that an object, no matter how large, could actually effect interaction with people and environment here on Earth.

The Kings used to have Astrologers around to help predict things like floods and droughts, and the crop cycles, but you know what? They stopped using the psuedo-science, and you know why? That's right, because they were always wrong. It just didn't work. And as soon as the Kings bounced the actual historical facts against the astrologers predictions, and found that they were loopy, they ended up on their ears...

And today, what do they know? Just about as much as anyone else, including religionists and scientists. Which is to say not much.

I Ain't Superstitious....
DeltaChaos

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
The Kings used to have Astrologers around to help predict things like floods and droughts, and the crop cycles, but you know what? They stopped using the psuedo-science, and you know why? That's right, because they were always wrong. It just didn't work. And as soon as the Kings bounced the actual historical facts against the astrologers predictions, and found that they were loopy, they ended up on their ears...

Could you give a few examples please?

Add much? Add much what? Is there a substance or a hidden force that has an effect on our lives that is changed by the position of the heavenly bodies?

It's all about patterns, symbolism and synchronicities.
It can benefit you only as much as you choose to study and believe.
It's no different from dream interpretation.
The answers/path come(s) from within - astrologers are just guides.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join