It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brenneke vs. Remington Accutip Slugs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I've been buying two boxes weekly of Brenneke Slugs for my 12 gauge, does anyone here have a product review of the new Remingot Accutips (the pretty green ones)

Just wondering if I should continue to stockpile what I currently have or switch over.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by salchanra

Brenneke Slugs have been the mainstay of slugs for a lot of years. They work great in almost any shotgun you may wish to use and out to 75-100 yrds is accurate on a deer size target!
I have not used the Remingtons yet. I have seen some new Sabots for 12 gauge that realy look like they should be looked into. They essentialy look like a 20mm full boatail copper jacketed bullit in a 12 gauge case. Pretty nasty stuff in a 3 and half inch magnum!!

Zindo

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Thats why I posed the question. Ive been using Brenneke for years, and have about 1000 rounds stocked up. With all the new stuff out there, could get rather expensive to test fire everything.

Overall, I am very happy with Brenneke, my 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th load in my "bear" gun.

Just with all the new research coming out, wanted to know if there is an upgrade available.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Check these out Hornady sabots. I can't find any articles on these particular sabots but I have seen something similar go through 12 inches of solid oak and imbed in the rubber mats behind it on the range. They ought to stop a truck pretty easy!!!LOL

www.cheaperthandirt.com...

Zindo

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Hornady sabots in my remington 870 (Rifled) wouldn't hit the side of a barn... with a scope gun and clamped benchrest = 5-round 18" pattern at 50yds

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
It has been awhile since I have even seen a Brenneke slug.

What I remember is that the Brenneke slug can be fired in a un rifled shotgun barrel as the Brenneke slug has fins on it which cause rotation of the slug in a smooth barrel.

While these Remington Accu Tip slugs can undoubtedly be fired in a smooth bore barrel ..it looks to me as if they are designed with a rifled barrel in mind for best long range accuracy...not smooth bore.

Something to keep in mind when purchasing ...do you have a rifled slug barrel or a smooth bore gun??

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 23-11-2008 by orangetom1999]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
All of my shotguns are smoothbore. Thats why I'm always looking at new slugs. I like to load buckshot, slug, buckshot, a rifled barrel would be a waste.

Ive been looking for the Hornadays that Zindo mentioned, havent made it to my market however.

I believe you are correct in the thinking that Brennekes are designed more for a smooth bore, havent heard about the Rem's however.

top topics

join