It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is it with alien abductee's?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I think it's fair to say that no one in this world has physically been contacted by ET's, and I mean no offence but there is NO actual proof.

So why do so many people say it, especially the typical redneck's on late night UFO programs?

Could it possibly be sleep paralysis, attention seeking, vivid dreams.. even sleep walking?

The amount of times I've seen "I've been contacted" or similar on this website in the brief time I've been here is amazing.

It's coincidental that a registered member of this site is contacted over night and told the world is going to end... guess when? you guessed right, 2012.

Some of the smarter ones use big words and type descriptive information, maybe to seem more credible?

At this point, please note that I'm not making any personal comments.

I just want to know why people do it, I guess its the same with hoaxers.
They want the spotlight.

Can anyone shed the light on the psychology?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Well, I've been reading a lot about abductee's and it seems a lot of them go through something very similar to post-dramatic stress disorder, depression, or anxiety related to their experience. If you read the accounts of abductees who seem to be telling the truth, you'll notice a common link in all their stories: they have been through something very traumatic. I don't think every single person who has claimed to be abducted is lying, although a lot of them are probably just trying to get attention. Just because there is no proof doesn't mean anything - would you tell a woman who had been raped that because she hadn't thought to save a hair sample from her attacker she was lying? If there are aliens, they might be made of who knows what and if the abductees can't even really remember their experience, how could they possibly be expected to get proof? Something did happen to some of those people- here's an interesting article: www.psychologytoday.com/articles/PTO-20030527-000002.html

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by WishForWings
I think it's fair to say that no one in this world has physically been contacted by ET's, and I mean no offence but there is NO actual proof.

So why do so many people say it, especially the typical redneck's on late night UFO programs?

Could it possibly be sleep paralysis, attention seeking, vivid dreams.. even sleep walking?

The amount of times I've seen "I've been contacted" or similar on this website in the brief time I've been here is amazing.

It's coincidental that a registered member of this site is contacted over night and told the world is going to end... guess when? you guessed right, 2012.

Some of the smarter ones use big words and type descriptive information, maybe to seem more credible?

At this point, please note that I'm not making any personal comments.

I just want to know why people do it, I guess its the same with hoaxers.
They want the spotlight.

Can anyone shed the light on the psychology?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
But we know there are rapists that walk the streets, that they are real.. so it can be taken a little more seriously.
Also, I'm not saying their all liars, I'm saying they could be confused that they could be having sleep paralysis which varies from region to region.
In some places it's a demon sitting on someones chest, in others its a "abduction".

And I might also add that their stories may be similar in some aspects, that's because half of them tell their story, people remember the story and manifest that information in their brain for it to come out in another sleep paralysis (or something else) situation.

I'm even sure if they did a lie detector test they'd pass half the time, people can convince themselves that what "experiences" they had were real.

Any old jackass can say
" I was powerless, it was like I were paralyzed, there was a dark tall figure at the hallway, then i remember being on a table surrounded by people.." etc.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I don't think it's fair to say at all, sure there is no definitive evidence, but there are many things in this World without evidence, Take God for instance.

I think it is fair to say that there are a lot of people who do hoax these claims, some experience events and then the story becomes bigger and bigger, in fact so big to come clean and tell the truth becomes unimaginable because of how big the lie has become, it's fair to say some people believe they have been Abducted and nothing could convince them of anything different.

But then IMO there are those who are speaking the truth, something unexplainable has happened to them, and really any explanation is just as strange to almost everyone who hears their story.

I have no doubt whatsoever, that there are people on our small Planet, who have been Physically Abducted, and taken into a vehicle of some kind, the problem is proving they where ET.

Without getting into the whole ET existence theories, which will only add to the sarcasm, Who am I or indeed anyone else to say what others have experienced? sure we can doubt, but when that doubt turns into ridicule at the expense of someones happiness and well being, then it becomes unfair.

There are to many incidents to disregard, some of them have been backed up by other witnesses, Hypnosis, Physical evidence of something having been there on the ground such as indentations, radiation, burnt vegetation, missing time backed up by others, even gained time, there is a big list of supporting anomalies, whether people believe it is up to them, but dismissing it out of hand without researching it or looking at evidence gathered by others, is not a good enough reason too make these people feel like outcasts.

I am not saying the OP is doing this, I am trying to generalize, but so called Abductees, have just as much right to share their story, as say people who have encounters with other Paranormal events.

As the saying goes, treat others how you wish to be treated, who knows one day any one of us can have such an encounter, how would you wish people to receive your story? how would you like to be treated? FAIRLY? perhaps?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Hi WishForWings
The thing is I don't think there are any examples of so many people claiming something as bizarre as this. You have to stop and consider this.
Also the fact that so many whistle blowers have come forward.
www.youtube.com...
And the typical physiological traits of abductee's being highly reclusive is not complicit with attention seeking.

I have had my own experiences. And honestly can I say its not all in my head? No I cant.
Could it be something else spiritual or "evil" ? I couldn't tell you for sure. That's the truth. that at least I am sure we can both agree on.
But another truth is something did happen to me and in my opinion I felt it was alien enough, to use the word "alien"
I have nothing to gain by telling you this.
So why then would I involve my self in being the center of being laughed at by people who don't believe "something" is going on?
It's because I feel I have a responsibility to tell you. I think that the whole subject being regarded as ridiculous by the government and main stream media tells us that our government might have been compromised.
I think truth between individuals is imperative, because our government and economics have become too controlled by to few people.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Well you can believe what you want, but you're wrong if you say it's fair to say that. The reason being that you can no more disprove whether anyone has actually had contact with aliens, than someone claiming to have such contact can prove they actually have. As has been said so many times on similar threads... The absence of proof is not proof of absence. And just to let you know... not everyone who claims to have been abducted or suspects they might have been... is a "redneck". As you have pointed out yourself, a lot of them appear to be more literate than say... you.

[edit on 12-11-2008 by Resinveins]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Is there not a single person on ATS, who has experienced something extra ordinary or unexplainable, a weird happening, or encounter, who has definitive proof?

My guess is no, not a single person, otherwise it would be huge news, so why is being Abducted by ET different from seeing a Ghost, Big Foot, or any other weird strange event?

Sleep paralysis does not explain later events, such as being medically examined, it would do the Abductors no good at all to have someone screaming and kicking would it?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I'm not too sure about how on topic I'll be with this post.

I'm not exactly saying that people haven't been abducted, or haven't had experiences.
Loss of time would make sense for (once again) sleep paralysis, I've had it myself, and have also had a strange experience during it. The difference is I didn't jump on the Abduction bus to crazy city, /why can't people be more rational before jumping to extreme conclusions

I'm not trying to "debunk" or discredit anyone, strange things have happened to alot of people; whether physical or psychologically.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Very possible all of these things. The mind is a very complex thing.

However, there has been some indication that different abductees report details from their individual abductions that are both common, and difficult to explain as simply a coincidental iteration of a symbol or archetype. They see the same things, odd things, which are specific enough to not be bleed-over from common knowledge. Apparently, Budd Hopkins and other researchers working with abductees have files of these common elements, that they keep secret in order to avoid contaminating other claimed abductees.

If a half-dozen abductees who never met turn up saying they've seen, for instance, a red book with a glowing green triangle on it, and there's no obvious TV or movie source where they all could have seen such a thing, that makes the experiences a little tougher to explain than just one person having a hallucination or odd dream.

So another possible "explanation" (I don't like that word) is that during the abduction, they're put into a situation or condition of semi-reality, where these critters do their work. Not entirely real -- as we marginally understand and perceive it -- but real enough to result in physical changes in our reality, in the same way UFOs can exist in our reality long enough to have photos and videos taken, but not leave much in the way of physical evidence.

Very difficult to scientifically test for, though, since the events may occur outside our own structure of time, and our scientific method generally relies on using time to track variations in something for comparison. Maybe someday we'll figure something out.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Ah, a good answer.
I didn't know they had a secret... password if you will, that they leave out of these things so that people won't metaphorically copy & paste their stories exactly the same as the last John Smith who did.

Makes things a bit more complicated.

[Mod edit - removed quote]
Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

Please,~There is no need to repeat entire posts within the body of your response.

[edit on 12/11/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
We have no concrete proof that alien abductions occur, but we also have no proof that they don't. It can be argued that there is more evidence in support of the assertion that abductions don't occur, or that there are more mundane explanations for the phenomenon than alien abduction, but it cannot be proved that they do not occur definitively yet.

Thus I feel I have to keep an open mind. I've had some experiences that could be explained away as sleep paralysis, dreams, or even the effects of substances I might have been exposed to (it would have been without my express knowledge though.) The thing is, I can't prove that nothing happened. I can't prove anything did, either, but I have to remain open minded either way.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

So another possible "explanation" (I don't like that word) is that during the abduction, they're put into a situation or condition of semi-reality, where these critters do their work. Not entirely real -- as we marginally understand and perceive it -- but real enough to result in physical changes in our reality, in the same way UFOs can exist in our reality long enough to have photos and videos taken, but not leave much in the way of physical evidence.

Very difficult to scientifically test for, though, since the events may occur outside our own structure of time, and our scientific method generally relies on using time to track variations in something for comparison. Maybe someday we'll figure something out.

You almost have it all figured out Nohup. From my perspective being an abductee/contactee when you are onboard an ET ship physically you are not in another dimension however it feels like you are, reality changes because the ship and everything inside it is dis-attached to our earth reality. It's more like being in space away from earth where time, gravity is irrelevant and things are perceived differently in the human mind.

As for the OP, I don't blame him for writing what he did, not everybody is supposed to believe in ET"s or understand what abductions are all about that is the entire purpose ET's have never made themselves known to most on earth. That is the entire reason why so many have blinders on and have no idea where we came from and who we really are before we were born into this world. ET’s have their reasons and I've learned that it has something to do with our soul progression or level of progression.

As far as abductions go you can be taken in your sleep out of the body and it can seem just as real as if you were in the physical if your allowed to even remember. This is the most common way of contact with ET's while out of the body. The other way of course is physically being taken, I have experienced both and only have memory of so many encounters, the one's I was allowed to remember. Most people are not allowed to remember and may only remember bits and pieces, it can be hard enough remembering when taken out of the body or in physical separating that reality from being on the ET ship to this reality being back on earth.

Those that have had experiences via out of body are even more confused because it will all seem like a dream with bits and pieces of memory. Most of the time those memories are taken from those people unless there was a reason for them to remember. I guess I had my reasons but they haven’t told my why they allowed me to remember. I think I know why though. We call them abductions because they appear to be like that for us and we cannot understand why we are taken without consent or by choice.

Not all abductions are benevolent there are some that are the opposite but all abductions are still for the welfare of that particular individuals soul progression. Your probably having a hard time figuring that one out I know and I second the motion. There are just as many unseen reasons of why some people have to go through what they do. Most contact/abductions are not bad IMO but some of them are and for a reason/purpose that we do not yet fully understand. If your wondering where I get this information from it’s based on contact experience, questions I've asked, and my own research. I won’t dig any deeper than I already have on the subject, I hope this helps somewhat.

[edit on 13-11-2008 by Malevolent_Aliens]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by veranda

"Well, I've been reading a lot about abductee's and it seems a lot of them go through something very similar to post-dramatic stress disorder"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know if you meant this mistake, or is it just a freudian slip, but it's Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. . . Although the way some of the so-called abductees lay on the dramatic screaming and crying your description is most probably more apt!

I, for one, don't believe a word of it although I think some of the abductees are having very real experiences but are coming to the wrong conclusions when they try to figure out what has happened to them.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I'm just gunna say this.

I've been abducted and I've seen non-human intelligent bipedal beings, but to be honest with you... any contact we've had as far as communication has either been blocked out or has been subliminal and only later did I realize the message without knowing who or what made me understand.

I'm not saying all contactees and abductees are liars. I do think you should be weary of people claiming outrageous adventures with aliens and pan dimensional beings... because at this point, I don't even think that would be logical for an alien to attempt to have open and constant contact with a human, taking them aboard ships into space consciously and telling them all the secrets of the universe. It's too much of a risk and it kind of goes against free will and the right of every being to figure things out for themselves.

I don't have an incredible tale to tell. I've only seen actual beings a couple of times, and the only way I know I've been aducted is because one .night I awoke standing on my roof waving goodbye to three huge floating black rectangles as they floated away. Other than that.... it's a sterile and boring existence, and sometimes I wonder where my space buddies have gone, because it was all concentrated within a 2 and a half year or so span of time.... and then it just stopped.

It is real. These non-human beings are visiting and possibly living on this planet. It's a simple truth I've come to accept. As for proof, if they want us to have proof, we will have it I assume. Until then, we sit at the kids table.

I just don't trust anyone making money off their stories of abduction, or even anyone who can possibly even live a normal life or go about their daily business like it's no big deal. They were shown that we are being lied to constanly and that the universe is this amazing place to be in, and yet they still conduct business in this human corporate slave system like nothing ever happened. You don't just have your whole perception of reality destroyed and then decvide A) to just go about doing the same old crap, and B) make money off of a message that's supposedly to save mankind. You don't attach a price tag or some sort of VIP status to potentially world changing information. You go forth in charity, and you risk your livelihood in doing so.
I don't see very many of these amazing contactees dying for their beliefs. I see them hawking their # crap to gullible people who want to believe in something.... and it really just pisses me off. You don't even need to involve aliens and crap in the true message that they want us to realize.

I'm with you for the most part, OP... but as for proof, I have none anymore.... and it doesn't even matter. We shouldn't be so focused on aliens right now anyway. Our savior lies within our species, within our own minds.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

"It is real. These non-human beings are visiting and possibly living on this planet. It's a simple truth I've come to accept. "
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whats interesting about what you say is that even you are questioning it. Yes, I don't doubt for a minute that what you say is 100% true, as you remember it, but it doesn't mean that its real to the rest of us. I've had weird experiences in the past, it's how you interpret those experiences that matters. . . It also comes down to what others, some of whom have made quite a lot of money out of this subject, are telling you to believe.
In the 1600s it was witches and demons who visited you at night.
1700s it was vampires and succubus and incubus that paid you a visit during the early hours.
1800s it was ghosts and poltergeists.
1900s the alien mania began and the abductions started.
Now in the 2000s things are becoming more confused. people being beamed aboard UFOs only to find themselves in Heaven while near death experiencers find themselves aboard alien spacecraft orbiting the Earth!!!

It all boils down to belief, what others are telling you to believe and cultural bias at the time; and most of all something called cultural tracking.
The cinemas of the fifties and sixties showed flying saucers and bug eyed aliens and, alas, people began to get abducted by bug eyed aliens in flying saucers. Later their craft changed to flying triangles just after Star Wars showed huge flying trianglular shaped space craft! In later years the movies ideas concerning aliens have changed to being more insect like and voila, later aliens became bug like some being described as like a praying mantis.

I don't think everyone is lying when it comes to abductions but I do sincerly believe that those having real experiences are being mislead by the so-called abduction experts (you know who you are!) and it is only a matter of time before one of these charlatans is taken to court and prosecuted.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
If anyone is still lurking on this thread and have had a "ET" experience, please answer me this question..

What came first? ATS or your.. experience with ET's?

I'm not judging you on your response(s), I'm just curious.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I witnessed a large, silent triangle craft near I-10 somewhere in Arizona, at night, in the summer of 1976. Friends on the road trip saw the same thing.

Years later, I woke up recalling the classic abduction experience. Seemed real.
Greys were in control and all they seemed to care about was extracting genetic material.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by WishForWings

Some of us just need a place to go to sort these possibilities out. Sleep paralysis is a lame excuse.......to me anyway. This has usually occurred just before waking up.
Do enough reading here on other possibilites on such a conspiracy site and the others can seem even more plausable like mind control experiments.
That doesn't mean these are always done by humans or were always done by them. Some of us need to get it out of our system and calm down. Some such as yourself may have even come here not recalling or realizing you were also a particular control subject.

There's plenty of skeptcism to go around here as well and it's a actually a good thing. Have at it and read everything related to mind control.

A former boss I had used to say: "Wishing is for children."

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
But the mind is a complex thing, as much as it could be the governments/ militaries or ET's, maybe it's just the brain playing trick's on you.

I wonder out of all the alien abductees/ contactees, how many have had a particular interest/ fear in UFO's or Aliens before having a experience.

I know that not every experience is because of sleep paralysis, I haven't done barely any research into the psychological/ physical phenonema that would provoke such experiences.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join