It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is it with alien abductee's?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
There's also more evidence now of life after death or the paranormal. No doubt these can also be fabrications by the media for entertainment. Remote Viewing has been used by the governments: psychic spying, OBEE etc. Ghosts pretending or acting like demons? etc.

There's so much we don't know for sure yet. My father used to tell me I was delusional and it was all in my head. So, when he eventually said he had brain cancer, I said it was all in his head. It isn't really funny, but they laughed anyway. Stress in the mind probably greatly contributes to these cancers as does our everyday environments and infections. It all matters to some extent.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I started attending Tucson's MUFON meetings about half a year ago, and i assumed the 2012 issue wouldn't be of much concern there. I was wrong. It seems its not just on ATS that ET contactee's are getting 2012 information. Now, I cant saw if its true or not, but the types of people at the MUFON meetings dont really seem like the people to lie about such strange stuff. The meetings are filled with %98 elderly folks, who do not seem to understand the multi dimensional information they are talking about which was given to them, they do not even believe it them selves most of the time, and it seems they have come to MUFON to try and compile their information. Its intense to say the least. The fact that they are talking about 2012 trips me out to say the least. I went to MUFON trying to sort of debunk the 2012 issue, and it only made it all the more intriguing.

So to the op, maybe we should visit the how to make ET contact thread and see for our selves!
What I always think about, are the sheer numbers of people with these encounters, who do not post and do not like to talk about it. Like some of the people at the MUFON meets, will reluctantly talk about the subject in a nonchalant manner that gives you the impression they have been dealing with this information for many years, this of course could be a charlatan skit, but something tells me these 87 year old women and men have better things to talk about than to talk 2012 alien stuff to each other.

Edit to add: Its not just that they talk to one another about this information, the main aspect of the ordeal is that they are to share the information, which many of them say that they are very reluctant to do which is why they come to MUFON so they can at least share the info with open minded people.

[edit on 11/16/2008 by psychedeliack]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Well I've read alot of books about Alien abductions, and just like the author of these books, I definitely believe there is something going on. Just because we can't prove it doesn't mean that these people are lying, or are simply deluded.

I don't believe for one moment that we are alone in this universe and some of the higher, more intelligent species probably have technologies that we haven't even dreamt of. If these Aliens were visiting and abducting us, they could probably do so without us even being aware of them. It's a possibility that has to be taken into consideration when dealing with people who claim to be Alien abductees.

[edit on 16-11-2008 by kindred]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by WishForWings
I think it's fair to say that no one in this world has physically been contacted by ET's

I'm not exactly saying that people haven't been abducted

So which is it? "no one in this world has physically been contacted by ET's" or "I'm not exactly saying that people haven't been abducted"?

I'm not trying to "debunk" or discredit anyone

The difference is I didn't jump on the Abduction bus to crazy city

So why do so many people say it, especially the typical redneck's on late night UFO programs?

Oh no, of course not, "redneck's" who "jump on the Abduction bus to crazy city" doesn't sound at all like you're trying to discredit anyone.

I'm even sure if they did a lie detector test they'd pass half the time, people can convince themselves that what "experiences" they had were real.

As a matter of fact the four men who were abducted in "The Allagash Incident" DID pass lie detectors, and so did Travis Walton who's story was told in the book and movie named "Fire in the sky." Also sleep paralysis doesn't leave physical evidence like burns, scars, "cyst like" lumps, or implants.

It seems to me that before you shoot your mouth off about things you don't know about, and insult people, you should educate yourself. Unless of course you enjoy making yourself look like a "redneck" (as you so eloquently worded it) who enjoys discrediting, insulting, and ridiculing people with your assumptions.

Another thing that you should know, doctors, lawyers, teachers, firemen, soldiers, etc. have claimed to have seen UFO's and been abducted, but I guess all those "redneck's" who "jump on the Abduction bus to crazy city" aren't nearly as intelligent or reliable as witnesses as people who discredit, insult, and ridicule others with their assumptions.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by psychedeliack
but something tells me these 87 year old women and men have better things to talk about than to talk 2012 alien stuff to each other.
[edit on 11/16/2008 by psychedeliack]

But some 87 year old people still think their in WWII

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

"and so did Travis Walton who's story was told in the book and movie named "Fire in the sky."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem with this little gem of a statement is the fact that Travis Walton went on record to say that the film, Fire In The Sky, bore no resemblence to what he states happened to him! Therefore putting it forward as proof of abductions is a little light weight and ridiculous.
There is no proof what-so-ever that any person on this planet has been abducted. Not one shred of evidence! There's a lot of anecdotal stories but no clear proof, and that goes for the so-called implants and burn marks that some abductees claim to have received from aliens or their craft.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

Very true, UFO abductions is mainly all hearsay or just people telling a story.
It's hard to believe when there's so many hoaxers and liars out there.
But until there is solid NON-HOAXED proof then I'm afraid I'll remain skeptical.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Mintwithahole.

Very true, UFO abductions is mainly all hearsay or just people telling a story.
It's hard to believe when there's so many hoaxers and liars out there.
But until there is solid NON-HOAXED proof then I'm afraid I'll remain skeptical.

There's nothing wrong with being sceptical. As long as you consider the evidence of each particular case before passing judgement and giving an opinion that's fine. The problem here on ATS is the fact that the believers and abductees, etc, get sceptism mixed up with debunking. They feel that just by questioning the witnesses and exploring other avenues you are somehow declaring the witness a liar.
I have no problem with what the believers say. I don't think all of them are openly lying. They are having real tangible experiences that they can't explain but to then go on and say that that experience was an alien abduction is to just talk utter tosh. There are lots of other explanations for the abduction experience but the experiencers don't want to accept it because the believers treat them as superstars who lend credence to their outlandish, sometimes outrageous, beliefs.
We all accept that there has to be aliens out there somewhere, but there's no evidence that they are coming here and doing some of the ludicrous things that abductees and the believers claim.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join