It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The official Thank a member/mod thread

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I'd like to recognize the efforts of OrangeTom1999 for his level-headed and civilized responses on a variety of controversial topics. Even when the conversation gets heated and tempers fly, he manages to keep the thread on topic without resorting to childish tactics.

Don'tTreadOnMe and GallopingHoardes are 2 moderators that I've found to be kind-hearted and "salt-of-the-earth" type people. They're such dear souls that I don't even mind when they scold me.

Skyfloating and StaticSky are always good for quality and interesting thread topics on the board.

Chissler and schrodingersdog crack me up. What a delightful sense of humor they have.

MikeSingh and DimensionalDetective keep me up to date on the latest info. Those 2 have their fingers on the pulse of the conspiratorial body.

This board is chock full of quality posters and I'm sure I could make a lengthy list of all my "favorites". Kudos to all.

Great thread, btw. S&F.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I feel that springer desreves a big thanks. I saw him the other day on one of the discovery channels show. I think it was called UFO hotspots.

He did so well, discusing Roswell, area 51 and numerous other things involved with the ufo phenomena. He repersented ATS really well.

He even wore an ATS polo shirt.

You did ATS proud my good man.

I want to thank him aswell for making ATS possible. With out him ATS would not be what it is. Hell with out him ATS just plain wouldnt be.

Thank you mark (springer)

For representing ATS so well and making ATS possible.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Today I saw a thread entitled "Deny Ignorance" and ATS members.

It made me think. What does the phrase Deny ignorance mean to me?

Well it means alot to me, and I want to thank Zaphod58 for giving me the opportunity to think about it and to voice what I think about the phrase.

It was a good excercise. It wasnt quite the purpose of the thread, but that is how I took it.

Thanks zaphod58 for creating a great thread, and for giving ATS the opportunity to think about what ATS means to them.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Nice thread.

So, I would thank gimme_some_truth for creating it.

I would also thank Seagrass for being a sounding board for me sometimes.

Kosmicjack for being like minded and down to earth enough to talk football from time to time.

44soulslayer for being very intelligent and explaining things in a manner that a person such as myself can follow.

Skyfloating for getting the philosophy forum going and all of his other great threads.

Harman for his pearls of wisdom and faith in humanity.

And to whomever it was that banned a certain jedi j/k

There are many more.........

[edit on 16-11-2008 by Karlhungis]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

And to whomever it was that banned a certain jedi j/k

There are many more.........

[edit on 16-11-2008 by Karlhungis]

I appreciate your thanks karlhungis. By the way, Was jedi really banned? Where have I been?

Anyhow, I would like to issue a thanks to N.Tesla. Tesla you always have something good to add to any thread you participate in.

Not too mention you are always good for a laugh. I enjoy reading your rants. I really do. I may not always reply but your rants are always fun to read.

Thanks N.Tesla for bringing humor and intelligence to ATS.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Asala- for constantly teaching me how compassionate, warm, thoughtful and caring a person can be. I wish I could live with as much grace as Asala, she is such an inspirational person.

AshleyD- for being so knowledgeable of Christianity and her constant willingness to teach and lead people like me. She is a very passionate and thoughtful person that inspires deep thought.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
first i would like to thank helmutt, a great moderator, and the first to welcome me to ATS.

i thank skyfloating also for being very forgiving of me.

karlhungis for the excellent threads and being a great ATS friend, as well as seagrass, the first oregonian i ran across, and i have had the pleasure of getting to know her.

gemwolf for my first applause.

internos for my second applause and some very kind words.

im sure im missing plenty of people as ATS has been a great experience.

thank you everyone.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Another member I would like to thank is Valkyr8. We have been through a similar experience and we always have good conversations.

He has helped me understand alot of things about what has happened that Im not so sure I could have understood on my own.

So a big show of appreciation goes to Valky8.

thanks

[edit on 11-11-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

It turns out that Valkyr8 was not who he said he was. He has not shared a similar experience with me. What that experience is doesnt really matter, He has just been lying.

Thanks to ATS as a whole I was able to catch on to that alot faster. I was checking out one of his threads. It turned out to be a hoax thread. 3 u2u's asking about what was going on and if he was being honest with me, and one week later, he mysteriously dissapeared with out responding to me. He has been logged on within that time frame too. So I know he saw them.

I am disgusted that I have been sharing my experience with a complete fraud. As many of you know, I cant stand hoaxers or trollers.

I have said many times that hoaxers and trollers do nothing but detract from this fine site. Hoaxing this site as a whole really grinds my gears.

Hoaxing me as an individual is another story. I almost feel violated by it. Here is this experience that I barely even talk about with my own family. Then I find some one who claims to have been through the same. I thought I had someone I could share my experience free of judgment, yet the whole time he was lying.

He was sitting on his side of the computer just laughing it up.

I want to thank all of ATS for helping me realize alot faster that Valkyr8 is a hoaxer and a troller.

Thanks ATS, For being such a great site.

Now lets get on with the show. Who would you like to thank and why?

[edit on 16-11-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Today I would like to thank SeaGrass, for just being such a nice person. We need more of that around. here.

Things on ATS can become so serious at times and it is nice to have such a kind light hearted person around to help lighten the mood.

So thank you Seagrass for showing reminding us that it is possible to talk about such things and still have fun with it

top topics

<< 1   >>

join