It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Stand and Cheer For Obama and his Wife?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I was surfing the web and run across this article. It seemed benign, and light, but I thought wow, when I read this part:

From this link:www.huffingtonpost.com...

Dressed in a dark suit and white shirt, Obama waved to an ecstatic crowd gathered across the street as he and Michelle rushed through the cold wind.

One, how do crowds know to where and when to gahter for the Obamas? This is a bit creepy. Although I would probably be a dork and try to get a picture if I happened to be in the right place at the right time.

But, two, would you join a crowd and ecstatically cheer on the Obamas crossing the road into a restaurant?

Is this normal joy on electing a popular president, or does border on creepy and cultish?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I vote creepy and cultish. And quite frankly, quite often staged.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The way a lot of people act towards celebs in general is kind of sickening. Gushing, fainting and the like, no wonder they have giant egos.
The ones that irk me are the ones that bow to "royalty" when they visit the U.S..
But, people are people aren't they?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Creepy....

I got better things to do.

It isn't like he is going to spread his wealth with me.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Is this normal joy on electing a popular president...

Yes. People are thrilled at the thought of something new and different in Washington than what they've experienced in the past 8 years. This has been the most difficult period of history for many people who are alive right now.

The Obama's represent something special. They are celebrities. They are loved.

Would I stand and cheer? If they came to my small town I would certainly go and try to meet them. I might even cheer to show my support.

I don't think it's weird at all. Or creepy or cultish. I think it's absolutely normal and human.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I dont think any politician should be applauded and praised. Everywhere they go the crowds should just stare silently with look of suspicion. Maybe a few crossed arms and some head shaking.

Fainting for celebrity is fine. It gives morons something to do. But politicians have too much power to ever be trusted. From the office of President all the way down to some local board member or trustee. Dont trust any of them. The moment you do they'll slip you some GHB (if you're lucky) and rape you raw.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I agree that it is creepy and something that I don't understand at all.

I have a difficult time relating to people that go ga-ga over celebrities or people in powerful positions. People are people. We all breath, eat, sleep, go to the bathroom, laugh, cry, get angry, etc. I can understand having deep respect for someone that you admire, but to put them up on a pedastal seems wrong on so many levels.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Creepy and most certainly staged.
Now that he is pres. elect, he can't make a move without an advance team. The restaurant was notified and so were the hoards of "believers". Great photo op. Just like the picture of Obama sitting with his hole ridden shoes propped up ever so slightly on his desk. One thing you don't want to do in Chicago is walk around with holes in your shoes.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I'm not gonna say it's creepy, but its unwarranted.

This man hasn't done anything yet, so why are we supposed to cheer him?

He's only a politician, not a savior, not a god. Just a politician.

Maybe if he has done some wonderful things and really helps this country, in 4 years time, I'll cheer him.

I won't hold my breath though.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Now let me get this straight. Someone thinks its creepy and weird to
applaud for the President-Elect and his wife as they make their way across
the street ? Where is this weird ? They are VIPs now, are they not ?

What"would" be weird would be applauding if they didn't make it across
the street. That would mean something happened to them on the way
across the street, probably something unpleasant, that would make
applauding "weird" as it pertained to that individual situation.

Hell, I once applauded a chicken for crossing the road ! And making it !
But then the damn farmer got him ! You're not farmers are ya ?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
hell, if you were the president-elect and won on a platform of change from what i've lived these past 8 years, i'd cheer you too!!

link   
hell, if you were the president-elect and won on a platform of change from what i've lived these past 8 years, i'd cheer you too!!

link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Would You Stand and Cheer For Obama and his Wife?

If Obama WAS a natural born citizen of America, then yes I would.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Fainting for celebrity is fine. It gives morons something to do.

ROFL!! One of my husbands best friends is Tori Amos and your post reminds me of an experience at one of her concerts - we met up wtih Neil Gaimen (an author) at will call and were walking with him to our seats when some girl came up to him and said "OMG, are you NEIL? I LOVE you! I'm going to faint!" She became ghostly white and her friends had to hold her up. It was one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen. How a seemingly normal person could turn into a shivering mess within seconds of seeing someone is really beyond anything that I can understand.

I don't know that I would go so far as to say that people that faint for celebrities are morons but your statement sure made me laugh!

Jemison

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
To some of us, it is enough just to be a citizen of the world.

When I applauded the chicken for making it across the road, I was
applauding his deed. ( Not the type of chicken he was )

If I was to applaud the President-Elect and his wife, it would be their deeds
also. A rather tough campaign, but done with class. They've already
accomplished something.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replies! I was thinking about this, and must confess, I would probably not cheer or clap, but I might cry(sue me I am a woman and emotional) and snap pix. I just thought it was a bit much, the Obama's were just dining out!!

So does anyone really think this might have been staged, as in Obama camp persons were the cheering crowd?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

VERY creepy and cultish. And no, I highly doubt I would ever offer applause for him. Don't like him, don't get it and don't want to add to the hysteria. I doubt the people in my family that actually voted for him would cheer too much if they saw him either. The figured he was the lesser of two evils, how I don't know. The Obamaphiles need to calm the heck down, they are embarrassing.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Cheering and applauding a President (elect) may seem creepy and foreign to most people who have lived in the U.S. for the last 8 years. Americans used to admire and revere their presidents. Bush's approval has fallen below 20%, the lowest of any president EVER. So yeah, a lot of people are happy about Obama. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out who the 20% are that think Bush is doing a swell job! Probably the same people who think disqualification or removal of Obama before he even starts office would be a good thing for the country. Sometimes people really surprise me.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I wouldn't applaud them. I really don't trust him.

As for being staged, with the way that some of the Obama supporters act, the crowd wouldn't have to be his camp in the crowd. They could just let the people in the area know he was coming there and the streets would be packed.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

As for being staged, with the way that some of the Obama supporters act, the crowd wouldn't have to be his camp in the crowd. They could just let the people in the area know he was coming there and the streets would be packed.

I think that is what happened. People in the area were given a heads up that the Obama's would be arriving shortly and people chose to hang out and wait to see the Obama's. I dont think there was anything spontaneous about what happened.

Jemison

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join