It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't buy Pfizer Drugs!!!! here is why. . .

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   

The world’s largest drug company, Pfizer, is allegedly bringing in foreign workers on H-1B visa’s to be trained by the American workers that they will eventually replace, according to, Conn.-based newspaper The Day.

America is losing jobs by the hundreds of thousand and what the big corporations still in America are doing to help the American people? they are going to bring workers to be trained by American workers so they can then take the American workers job!!!!!!!!

Boycot this people!!!!! they deserve it, if they are doing something so dirty to America like this.

At the same time that local contractors are facing the anxiety of possible job losses, sources said, Pfizer is ratcheting up the number of foreign workers, mostly from India, who are arriving at the company's global R&D headquarters on controversial H-1B visas. These special visas were created to allow foreign workers to take jobs in the United States that could not be filled by Americans, but Pfizer - like other U.S. companies in the past - essentially has been using them to replace American workers, the sources said.

What a slap in the face of the American workers.

Incredible.

www.economyincrisis.org...

[edit on 10-11-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
almost every company does this i'm afraid, at least i can say that any american multi-national that came to ireland does it, you go to the states to train if you work for an american multi-national.

to add a different perspective on it, pfizer sell drugs world wide, pfizer make drugs worldwide, their headquarters might be in the states but they're no more american than the UN. why should they consider the US as anything other than an expensive labour market?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
One of the reasons our economy is dying is due of the unregulated practices this companies exercises, is about time that we the American people start to hold them accountable for helping to the downfall of our economy while they reap profits.

Then we have the problem with immigrants in this nation but we allow this deceivers companies to do the same but under the law.

Enough is enough America needs to start boycotting any big fat corporation that is not helping American keep their jobs.

Enough is enough!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Marg you rabidly supported a candidate who freely states his support for increased levels of immigration via the H1B visa programme.

What are you complaining about? Your action on Nov 4th implied tacit support for this action...

And now you want to demonize a drugs company for wanting to cut costs when the economic condition is tough?

For shame.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Sorry, but I tend to question a web site that can't spell the name of a Multi-National Corporation correctly. It's Pfizer. And yes they make drugs world wide as well as MOST of your generic OTC drugs in your cabinte.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Just to expand:

waternoice.com...

Q: What are your views on the demand made by several US companies including Microsoft that the US needs to increase the number of work visas (H1B) to protect its technological leadership?

A: I support comprehensive immigration reform that includes improving our visa programmes, including the H-1B programme, to attract some of the world's most talented people to America. I would like to see immigrant workers less dependent on their employers for their right to stay in the country, and would hold accountable employers who abuse the system and their workers.

blog.noslaves.com...

The Messiah fully condones global labour arbitrage. What of your middle class now America? How will your factory floor workers keep their jobs when there are two billion chinese and indians knocking on your door of opportunity, and who are willing to do the job for about a 1/10th of the cost?

The way to protect your jobs is NOT to put up labour barriers; that will just drive industry elsewhere. The way is not protectionism or some ill-concieved boycott of multinational companies.

The way is to train your citizens so that they are in lucrative jobs which rely on quality, service and innovation... in other words, jobs for the 21st century. There is no way America can compete with the G4 on a manufacturing basis... just as GM is about to prove when it will shortly go bust. The only long term, sustainable method is retraining and education.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

The world’s largest drug company, Phizer *SNIP*

www.economyincrisis.org...

Six words in and I can definitively assert that the author of the article is a complete idiot. It's Pfizer not "Phizer." How can anyone be taken seriously if they can't get the spelling of the company in question correct?

Every article posted on the internet isn't steeped in fact or research... Or spell check for that matter.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
What candidate did I supported 44soulslayer, can you point to a thread that I have posted anything endorsing any political party?

I want prof that you have a post in which I endorsed either McCain or Obama.

I have been telling for years that our political system is corrupted and broken and that the powers behind our government makes sure that no politician works for the benefit of the American people.

Hoagy1199, Well I have to thank my good fortune that I am not a Dependant of over the counter crap and for my blood pressure medication, no they are not made by Pfizer.

That is all I take.

Now how fair is to American workers that is OK for companies to outsource jobs by bringing the immigrants here with visas while America is falling into economic decay.

Don't you know that as more Americans fall into unemployment is less taxable income to support the 11 trillion budget and the blank check that now is in the hands of the Treasury Department and the fed?.

How much more America can fall right now? We are now becoming a nation that is now slowing been colonized with low wages employment for visa brought foreigners so I wonder what will be left to the modern native Americans from the first colonization era.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
And for the mispell of the article what is so bad about it? the side happen to be a reliable site with links to reliable information.

And is what this people is doing is backed by our own government and is well know that when big companies don't outsource to other nations they bring they bring foreing workers into our country thanks to the bills passed by the butt kissers in the Washington.

After all it is big corporate drug cartel the one that pour most of the money into lobbying in congress.

And that is a fact

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Lord have mercy, I post a thread on the down fall of our nation thanks to corporate America and what I get.

Selfrightous political bashes and self appointed grammar doctorates bashing my spelling.

Don't you people get it by now, or is just those member that can not look pass their nose.

English is not my first language and never will be, so for somebody that is an American born but in a Spanish speaking nation I do pretty well compare to many that are American born and spend their first 14 years in American public school

Can now we get back to the thread.

Or I am still an idiot by some here standards.

Lord have mercy!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I'm sorry. If English isn't your first language then you're expressing yourself pretty well.And yes you have a valid point.
This reminds me of a joke.

What do you call someone who speaks two languages?
Bilingual.
What do you call someone who speaks one language?
An american.

[edit on 11/10/2008 by MsSmartypants]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
My dear MsSmartypants, Whoa, this the first time I really read your name, interesting.

I usually laugh when somebody points out my spelling mistakes and lack of grammar but today I guess I am edgy.

I didn't mean to be so harsh.

Anyway I did noticed that something was amiss with the world Pfizer but because I never had any problem with the site and its spelling before I just let it go.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

First of all i very much doubt this is the only American company doing this, if you open your eyes wider there will be a hell of a lot more. Its not the companies, but the governments that allow them to do it. If the regulations weren't there then it wouldn't and coudn't happen. Governments will be benifitting from this in someway, via a relief or something. To be fair though, it works 2 ways, you can go work elsewhere if you fancy seeing the world and getting paid for it.

Like another said, Although the company is Amercian Owned, it will as many of the world leading brands are, worldwide.

Another thing also though. America is a little different to most other countries. It is mant to me the land of the free. Americans are all immigrants of one form or other, somewhere before your founding fathers you came from elsewhere, for some like yourself it doesn't need to even go that far back. How would you have felt if someone had protested about you before you arrived in America, stopping you from becoming an American or from working there. I dont really think you have a right to claim others cant live or work in Amererica - It goes aginst most things i was led to believe made America great. And if you ever thought of working somewhere else in the world, i would forget it, unless you dont mind being hippocritical that is.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by MCoG1980]

[edit on 10-11-2008 by MCoG1980]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

What a slap in the face of the American workers.

America has become hostile to corporations. If I owned one I would move it to friendlier places or shut it down.

Many companies are doing just that. Maybe the congress can make a law to force us to buy American cars. That will fix things.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gdeed

You hit the nail on the head there - buy home grown. Every economy knows that when it gets tough!!

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
McoG1980, I am a born American I didn't immigrated to America from a foreign country as my small Island belongs to the US but our Island rather than having the English as our first language decided to keep the language of our forefathers from Spain, so English became our second language and not a priority unless you moved to the US main land like me.

So I have family living all over the US main land and In Puertorrico.

Now, yes I am aware of the visa permits and the devious ways that corporate lobbyist convinced the butts kissers in Washington that America needed skill workers from India, Pakistan and other because it was not enough in America, only retarded like most of our Washington politicians will believe that for the right amount of money.

This is no about illegal immigration (we have enough of that) but on top of illegal we have visa brought workers that are taking jobs from young graduate and skilled workers for less pay, this downgrade the standards of living in America something that has been done already with illegal immigration.

Tell me what is your job specialty and how are you secure as today in your field.

[edit on 11-11-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gdeed

No, free trade and deregulation has made possible for corporate America to seek slave labor and unregulated practices abroad.

Then they bring their cheap, poisoned and low quality goods to America to sell them like they were America made.

You get what you pay for.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I work in logistics. I feel quite secure but it would not be the end of the world for me if i lost my job. I am stronger than that, i have facedworse situations.

Sorry, you admitted your origins lie in Spain, so indeed your family at somepoint Emmigrate to America. Do you see where I am going with this. Its a melting pot of culture - that is what makes it diffrent. Its meant to be inspirational. What do you want it to be - a large improved version of England. I think that is what they intended to happen. Unfortunately at some stage it went the wrong way and now i would say England would look more appealing now, Free Healthcare ect. thats why every one wants to come here if there honest. Problem is its a small country and now we are eating into our greenbelts to try to cope with the demand in accomodation.

[edit on 11-11-2008 by MCoG1980]

[edit on 11-11-2008 by MCoG1980]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Have they been flooded with e-mails or calls from angry americans? I think this needs to be brought to americans attention and have them contact these people EN MASSE so they know that we do NOT agree with these practices.

You know what? If they don't like american workers, why don't they just move out of the country to heck with them. Does anyone know of a competitor that DOES support american workers moreso than Pfizer does? That way people can support that competitor and tell Pfizer to f*** off

top topics

<<   2 >>

join