It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Predictions Are Disinfo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
wow has this been a great year. during the past year we have survived, a nuclear war, martial law, NY tsunamis, the LA earthquake, Alien Invasions, and Comets.

during the time i have been here (as a member and as a lurker) i have seen literally hundreds of predictions. none of them came true. yet i log on everyday to see another savior yelling about how the apocolypse is coming and we should prepare. this makes me think "what if predictions are purposely falsly made?" i mean its great money.

when there was an anthrax scare duct tape sales shot up through the roof. im sure that most people aren't stocking up but many are and this is great for business. now dont get me wrong i know time seems tough but the earth and people have been through worse.

it jsut scares me to think about how so many people take these predictions seriously. i find joy in disproving predictions.

yesterday i debunked several Vanga (some bulgarian blind women who predicted we would make artrifical suns in the year 2500 and they would crash into each other in the year 2700) posts and what does the OP due he makes another one. now it seems to me people like this are jsut being Dicks. i mean i get it you want people to know but why spread lies and fear like this. people like me who are rational and do research arent afraid but many eat this # up.

so to all of you Doom Sayers please in this new coming year for once just keep it to yourself.

btw Webbot, mayan calender, niburu, bible, and titor are all full of #.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It is a natural part of learning. These people will keep doing this untill they learn. Often they have no desire to learn only to spout their oral diareia.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
so to all of you Doom Sayers please in this new coming year for once just keep it to yourself.

I am sad to predict that N. Tesla will not get his wish.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
It is a natural part of learning. These people will keep doing this untill they learn. Often they have no desire to learn only to spout their oral diareia.

it is in no way a part of learning. what are they trying to learn? that not everything you get in your email box is true? or that make enough predictions and one might come true. or make them all so vague that all come true.

here i got one

in the following 2-18 weeks span something will happen. not everyone will notice it but it will happen

wow some more of these and i could replace webbot.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

I have a prediction..

ATS will keep going on the way it has over the years with not much change.

That is a prediction and its not dis-info... that kind of shoots down your theory.

Take everything you read with a grain of salt and skepticism. Better yet, just ignore that which you do not agree with. Nobody says you have to agree or disagree.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

but it is dis info because you are questioning my credibility. anyway thats not the point the point is that too many predictions are being posted and they are in no way credible.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

But sir, that is life.

If we did not question anything in the large large world we live in.. no advancements of any type would ever be made.

It's your duty, no, obligation to question things on a daily basis.

On the other hand.. you are as free to your own opinions, just as everyone else on this site is. Just don't go trying to tell people what they should or should not do, and not expect some sort of backlash.

[edit on 9-11-2008 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Some predictions are based only on logical outcomes. For example, I believed predictions of the economy collapsing when I heard them last year. Because what was being said actually made sense. It was logical and it was definitely a matter of time until it happened, especially with all the inflation money being created the past year or 2.

But it is definitely frustrating to see the same tired predictions over and over, that aren't based on anything logical and are easily debunked. And also how some people take the smallest little thing and then build on it.

For example, they Jan stuff I keep seeing. It started out with Powell making a comment about how there is always a crisis going on in DC. And before we know it, it's been exaggerated many times over.

If it's disinformation on purpose or just mistaken people, it doesn't matter. It has the same effect of diluting the truth and leading people on wild goose chases.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

But it is definitely frustrating to see the same tired predictions over and over, that aren't based on anything logical and are easily debunked. And also how some people take the smallest little thing and then build on it.

The process of debunking is not usually logical either, because if it was, predictions/anticipations, such as the one wrapped around 2012, wouldn't thrive mightily. Well, there is a chance that the folks who take delight in roaming the future don't consider logical constructs as a mean of an argument.

You can keep debunking, but that's not a logical thing to do -- unless you want to protect little kids who could become uneasy about bad things lurking from the future due to the latent insanity of some adults.

Predictions are sometimes forwarded by the people who are generally afraid of the future, because they are too uncertain about themselves -- they have difficulty to control their own lives. The future is usually formed by the folks who have all the witts and dedication to make things happen.

For the most part, an irrational prediction is a relative of Mystery that people like and go to the movies to see one. Logic based on rationality is usually very boring, pedantic mental process, as opposed to free irrationality that takes your mind places that the rationalists wouldn't even imagine to exist. But you are right about those uninspiring predictions where the topic repeats itself all the way to the Land of Yawn.

[edit on 11/9/2008 by stander]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

but these people arent questioning life they are saying that our life has been planned and they are the lucky few who stumbled on a website or read a book and decided it was true. 99 percent of thse predictions have no evidence.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

I'm not a "debunker". But I do debunk obvious lies. Part of revealing truth and denying ignorance is being able to point out the false stories and things.

Sure, there are some really stupid debunkers. Like that guy they always have on TV with the coke bottle glasses saying "trained observers" and how he has never seen one. Sometimes it's ridiculous.

And of course, there are the debunkers who will just spew the first thing they think might explain it away without actually doing it. With these types of people, the point is to debunk the debunker. AKA Dispelling swamp gas rumors.

I'm pretty sure JFK wasn't killed by oswald. I don't think 19 people did 9/11. And I'm pretty sure aliens are real. But I've very skeptical on individual claims, because anyone can just make something up, and many people will buy into it as long as it fits in their view point. People think aliens are real, or have seen something, and suddenly every alien story is truth(Oct 14).

For example, over and over I hear alien stories which don't logically add up. These claims often come with an agenda. Where 1 kind of alien is good, and another is bad. We need a government like this race of aliens - sure it sounds like communism, but the technology is so great that it really isn't. Do humans all come in 1 way? Things like this many people won't notice. And IMO, it's just preying on people who have been conditioned to think in such a way where everything is presented in stereotypes.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by badmedia]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
debunker or not you have to admit that thse predictions are getting ridiculous and it just scares me how many people buy into it.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I have a hard enough time reflecting on the past, let alone moving past the present to predict the future.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
debunker or not you have to admit that thse predictions are getting ridiculous and it just scares me how many people buy into it.

Is it really any more scary than the people who believe everything they are told in "official stories"?

I mean sure, I look at some of the predictions and scratch my head at how anyone could write such things, and actually think someone is going to believe them. But then someone shows up and does.

If you look deeper into all these claims you see things in common. It's always - someone is out to get you, look to us for help. The only things that really ever change are the who's, when's and where's. And you can apply that to official stories, like what people were told before the Iraq war, all the way down to the Nibiru deal and even one I read today about another Pleadian(sp?) contactee. It's always the same basic thing underneath.

And you even get the same people who make the same claims back and forth to each other.

What I've learned is that I can not trust the images. None of them. The only thing you can trust and really look at are the actions being done. I guess there are 2 ways to look at it. You could say that all the stories are done to confuse the issues of who and what is what, thus hiding those truly at fault. Or you might could say that with the flood of images and the confusion, it will show people they can't trust such things, and they will wake up and start paying attention to actions.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
It's not disinfo, it's just a bunch of dumbasses. That's what ATS is.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperViking

Well it surely isn't the people who like to stereotype people and then make general claims against the entire group based on the actions of a few as a way of manipulating people is it?

Never seen doing that level of thinking leading to bad things have we?

[edit on 10-11-2008 by badmedia]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
What? Was your argument against the horrible cognitive abilities of the vast majority of ATSers something about prejudice? That's bad.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Prophecies ARE YET for the will inorder for them fulfilling. If you wait on them, then you see not that they are yet wise blueprints for carrying out the better way you may with or without adding addition things you see fit for the moment. Actual prophecies are yet for your signature or touch through your working hand through what you WILL deside doing if you are yet wise to see why they dont fulfill on their own.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

well the thing is its not every ATSer who decides to make predicitons. most ATSers are quite normal (somewhat) but the rare few who need to get a rise out of people post completly stupid prediciotns. if i got all the predcitions together i could write a book.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

What? Was your argument against the horrible cognitive abilities of the vast majority of ATSers something about prejudice? That's bad.

I'm pretty sure it's different when you label an action as bad, and when you label an entire group of people based on the action a few take as being bad.

It's like if I said - People who jump off buildings are dumb. And you then you say - people are dumb because of the few who jump off buildings.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join