It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember your feelings on 9-11?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Do you remember how you felt the day of the attacks?

We need to feel that way again...right now!!!!
We need to remeber our pain, sadness, outrage, shock.
We need to remember how we all were 2 steps closer together that day....as fellow citizens
We need to remember NOW, BEFORE the terrorists strike again.

It really doesnt matter who says who is lying,

it doesnt matter who's president...

the reasons we invaded iraq arent the big issue, its a side show

the lesson that we should all learn from the 9-11 commission is people are out to kill us. is the "who knew what, when" really the point?

WE ARE AT WAR! ALL of us...its more than just a physical fight, its an ideological one...it doesnt matter what your political slant is....there is a criminal organization of bad guys similar to secret underworld bad guys in a BOND movie...their big and powerful enough to subvert governments, and well off enough to finance world wide operations....their members are fanatically loyal enough to act as human bombs against us....they have said they wish to destroy us....

So while we sit here and debate somantics about the rights and wrongs of the war....
while we split hairs about weather or not someone lied....
while this mess detracts from the time and efforts our current leaders can put forth twords fixing things because their having to rehash the past....

The ones that declared war on our way of life stay united in their zealous quest....

they have no dissent in the ranks there as they dont have the freedom to

they remain commited to causing the deaths of innocent civilians in the most violent or horrible ways they can dream up....

They watch us, our media, our reactions to this ongoing situation...they wait to see more dissent and division...looking for the time/place/targets to push us more into infighting, or better yet, just giving up our resolve....

How we got to this point is a long and detailed story, (50 years of cold war rammifications) and we need to understand this
but were here now...

we need to all clean up our act....behaive with more unity, like we did on 9-11.
we need to agree to put aside some of our differences if only for a time, and try to work more together.

Im not trying to be sappy, or to scare anyone....
just trying to see if we can all just get along...
trying to see if the spirit of all Americans can be stimulated for the best of us all.

Any ideas?

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia

We need to remember how we all were 2 steps closer together that day....as fellow citizens

I do remember how I felt.

And I agree we need to feel outrage, shock and anger.... but the anger should be directed at the administration.

It really doesnt matter who's lying? You're kidding right? You mean to tell me that the Bush administration has been lying to the public from day one and we shouldn't care?

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 06:16 AM
link   
ocelot
im not saying you shouldnt care about if there is an actionable lie or not,

what i mean is, isnt the issue of our nation being threatened with death a higher priority than discovering if there was a lie or not?

doesnt stopping more deaths from terror outweigh any desires for the answer to a question?

can you put politics aside and try and work with those that you oppose for common security or is petty politics more important?

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
America can't recapture that virginal feeling of shock ever again. As if the baptism of 9/11 wasn't enough, we've been treated to death counts and explosion videos daily for over a year now from Iraq.

I know we did similar in Vietnam, but the "embeds" have taken it to a whole new level IMO.

I was just watching a CNN scene of devastation this morning trying to remember being outraged by such things just months ago. Now it's like expected.

Breakfast and bombings.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia

it doesnt matter who's president...

the reasons we invaded iraq arent the big issue, its a side show

the lesson that we should all learn from the 9-11 commission is people are out to kill us. is the "who knew what, when" really the point?

WE ARE AT WAR! ALL of us...its more than just a physical fight, its an ideological one...it doesnt matter what your political slant is....there is a criminal organization of bad guys similar to secret underworld bad guys in a BOND movie...their big and powerful enough to subvert governments, and well off enough to finance world wide operations....their members are fanatically loyal enough to act as human bombs against us....they have said they wish to destroy us....

So while we sit here and debate somantics about the rights and wrongs of the war....
while we split hairs about weather or not someone lied....
while this mess detracts from the time and efforts our current leaders can put forth twords fixing things because their having to rehash the past....

The ones that declared war on our way of life stay united in their zealous quest....

they have no dissent in the ranks there as they dont have the freedom to

they remain commited to causing the deaths of innocent civilians in the most violent or horrible ways they can dream up....

They watch us, our media, our reactions to this ongoing situation...they wait to see more dissent and division...looking for the time/place/targets to push us more into infighting, or better yet, just giving up our resolve....

How we got to this point is a long and detailed story, (50 years of cold war rammifications) and we need to understand this
but were here now...

we need to all clean up our act....behaive with more unity, like we did on 9-11.
we need to agree to put aside some of our differences if only for a time, and try to work more together.

Im not trying to be sappy, or to scare anyone....
just trying to see if we can all just get along...
trying to see if the spirit of all Americans can be stimulated for the best of us all.

Any ideas?

I disagree, Its a wrinkle in time. You cant stop it, if it happens again.

Why feel all those sad feelings, when you will have new ones. Live your life. Dont worrie about what is around the corner. You will see it soon enough. Only 3000 people died. That may sound heartless, but soon the numbers in Iraq will be th same if not more.

If you want to remember, Remember the troops of now. 50000 people died in Iran 2 months ago. remember them.

Are you remebering the death? Or the disinformation?

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
CazMedia

I agree with you that what is most important is that we should be working toward a safer tomorrow. But your post is doomed from the start.

You will not be able to get past those who say that "this administration has been lying to us since day one" even though the very notion is ridiculous. Even though every administration lies.

Even though many historians agree that the administration that holds the dubious distinction for the most lies and misinformation this century, happens to be a Democratic administration - that of Lyndon Baines Johnson.

You want to talk about American lives lost - how about 53,000 in Viet Nam.

You want to talk about military-industrial complex getting fat at the expense of the American public - let's talk Viet Nam.

You want to talk about a war that was conjured up - how about Viet Nam.

You want to talk about a wrecked economy - you can thank Viet Nam.

But what good would it be to dwell on Nam?

Democrats will conveniently ignore these facts, though, beause of their hatred for GWB. Nothing, NOTHING that you say can lift the caul from these folks eyes. And that is exactly what it is - a caul.

Fact is, it doesn't matter anymore. Let's move on.

john

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
On the day of 9/11 I had yet to start in on the conspiracy side of the issue, but it has more and more made sense as the war on terrorism has turned into anything but a war against the subject.

If I relived the experience today knowing what I know now, I would hang a banner outside my house calling for the end of the United States for attacking its constituency to start up public acceptance of war.

If our republic needs to have the public duped and martyred in order to sustain it, then it no longer needs to exist. Tear down the old, create something new.

[Edited on 31-3-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
While we need to remember how we felt, we should NOT let that dictate our actions of opinions.

Emotion is the great bain of logic and cognitive thinking.

top topics

join