It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On February 17th you will obey the NWO.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

~FCC Consumer facts~
On February 17, 2009, federal law requires that all full-power television
broadcast stations stop broadcasting in analog format and broadcast only
in digital format.

MK-DELTA, 1960, CIA:
Fine-tuned electromagnetic subliminal programming Targeting: Long
Range Frequencies: VHF HF UHF Modulated at ELF Transmission and
Reception: Television antennae, radio antennae, power lines, mattress
spring coils, modulation on 60 Hz wiring. Purpose: programming behavior
and attitudes in general population Effects: fatigue, mood swings, behavior
dysfunction and social criminality, mood swings Pseudonym: "Deep Sleep",
R.H.I.C.

PHOENIX II, 1983, U.S.A.F, NSA:
Location: Montauk, Long Island Electronic multi-directional targeting of
select population groups Targeting: Medium range Frequencies: Radar,
microwaves. EHF UHF modulated Power: Gigawatt through Terawatt
Purpose: Loading of Earth Grids, planetary sonombulescence to stave off
geological activity, specific-point earthquake creation, population
programming for sensitized individuals Pseudonym: "Rainbow", ZAP

I have read some articles and watched some videos about Montauk Project,
Philadelphia Experiment and Nikola Tesla. I have heard some speculation on
electromagnetic waves, UHF, VHF & AM and FM.

My question is: Does anyone think that the new law to go into effect seems
silly? It seems like another step towards conforming to another government
standard. Universal broadcast signal? Fine tuning their target. What's next?
Take away the dollar and make us use an Amero?

I have a somewhat modern TV, and it does receive cable signal. But I am
just squeezing by financially and if I was on the other side of the cable
fence (no pun intended) there is probably no way I could afford to upgrade.
Those without will probably be better off since we really do need to shut off
the TV's and wake up.

Feb17th seems to be a big day in broadcasting signals
1931 - 1st telecast of a sporting event in Japan
1938 - 1st public experimental demonstration of Baird color TV in London
1947 - The Voice Of America begins to transmit radio broadcasts into the Soviet Union
1955 - KTVF TV channel 11 in Fairbanks, AK (CBS/ABC) begins broadcasting
1958 - WETV (now WPBA) TV channel 30 in Atlanta, Georgia (PBS) begins broadcasting
1958 - Pope Pius XII declares Saint Clare of Assisi (1193~1253) the patron saint of television.
1964 - WMEM TV channel 10 in Presque Isle, ME (PBS) begins broadcasting
1965 - U.S. Ranger 8 launched, will transmit 7,137 lunar pictures
1986 - Howard Stern radio show returns to New York City morning radio (WXRK 92.3 FM)

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
You know, I don't completely understand why they are going all digital to me either. I mean, here we need electric or hydrogen cars to be a thing that "everyone should be switching to because it is better" but, they're worried about TELEVISION RECEPTION???? What's wrong with this picture? Why are we talking about Palin's clothes spending, or Obama's past, or even steroids in baseball? Why isn't anyone looking at what is going on around them?? Afraid they will actually "see" something they don't like???

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Exactly!
How is this bettering mankind?!
They found time to make this a law, but do nothing
to lessen the damage we have on the environment.

This is just one of many, many, many baby steps to
keep us under their thumb. Seems silly, I know, but
a One World Government may need only ONE station
and ONE signal to get to you.

TV's Off!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
You know, I really do not understand why switching away from 1940's technology is a conspiracy to enslave us. With this reasoning, any change in the world could be construed as one.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
It was passed by clinton in the 90's to supposively give growth to newer types of televisions, and other technlogies that would benefit from the HD television format. One of those things is we will see 'Hologram' HDTV's at this years Tech Show, I forget the name but it takes place in vegas.

The lame part of most "HD" signals is that it's not actually true HD.
Most 'HD' signals broadcast 1080i, which is technically considered HD, however i stands for interlaced. 1080P is the best HD tv you can get, with the P standing for progressive scan.

1080p
1080i480i480p< br /> 720p

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Maybe they only want to receive/send what they can control...

Digital; Information.

No one will be able to communicate via analog broadcast, because it can't be monitored...

Or, this is kinda out there, prevent people from sending distress signals, prevent ways of communication between rebellion groups when all hell breaks.

Just throwing it out there.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
because broadcast sucks, and its more profitable to switch to digital. People are more likely to just buy or borrow a neighbors cable.
By golly the NWO doesnt have to do with everything, the NWO is only like 1% of the problem, lets stop giving them so much credit, its WE the PEOPLE who have to fix things, its WE the PEOPLE who let it get screwed up. Its just the price of our growing vanity, we cant have our cake and eat it too you know.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by djpaec
The lame part of most "HD" signals is that it's not actually true HD.
Most 'HD' signals broadcast 1080i, which is technically considered HD, however i stands for interlaced. 1080P is the best HD tv you can get, with the P standing for progressive scan.

1080 is 1080 vertical lines. Whether it is (i)nterlaced or (p)rogressive, the "definition" or resolution of the image is the same. You can deinterlace and display frames progressively anyway. Many televisions will accept all signals but will resample the frames to fit in a lower resolution LCD.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Well,i don't really think that this is the beginning of anything.
I think we all can see the people feeling less willing to make a stand to anything wrong as the years pass.
Sad but true?I'm afraid so.

reply to post by psychedeliack

I agree.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

You don't understand? or you were programmed not to understand?
I don't understand quantum physics, does that mean that it's not a
reality or something to be taken seriously, or understood for that matter.

You are already a slave. Slave to money. You work to save money that
goes into a bank that is taxed. When you spend the money it's taxed.
The receipt (paper) that prints out your payment was taxed when purchased by the merchant to put in the credit card machine. The ink to print your statement showing you payed tax was also taxed.
You are a slave to your debt.

I'm not saying I'm right or you are wrong. And you can't say the same either.

Maybe you are happy in your current situation. That is great. Maybe conditioning works. Not for me. I don't throw the word conspiracy around
and claim that the world is against me. I just believe that what the public is fed is not the truth.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This is happening in the UK too over the next few years, it has already started in Scotland.
But they are disappointed because many people are not switching, they are don't think that television is worth bothering with. This is upsetting the state owned television stations BBC (British Brainwashing Corporation).

Millions of TVs still not digital

The pains of switching to digital

I found this blog post interesting too

Nigerian minister says switch to digital broadcasting is imperative

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Similarly, equipment capable of displaying both 720p and 1080i may in fact not have the capability to display 1080p or 1080i material at full resolution.

1080i "compatible" or "HD ready" - however these TVs, while accepting a 1080i signal will scale it down to the panel size of 1366x768 as they are physically incapable of displaying 1920x1080 resolutions.

The term usually assumes a widescreen aspect ratio of 16:9, implying a horizontal resolution of 1920 pixels. This creates a frame resolution of 1920×1080, or 2,073,600 pixels in total. The frame rate in Hertz can be either implied by the context or specified after the letter p, such as 1080p30, meaning 30 Hz.

The resolution is the same you say?

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
As a professional video broadcast operations tech,
I can answer this question as to why they want to
switch to digital TV in one easy answer: MONEY

Analog TV is basically a waveform which represents how a video signal
is scanned onto your TV screen at a currently low resoution of 525 lines
per frame at about 30 frames per second (29.97 fps to be exact)
These broadcastable analog waveforms take up a lot of room
(6 MHZ per channel) because they tell the electron gun
(or LCD/Plasma Grid Array) in great detail how to light up the
pixels moving from upper-left-corner to lower-right corner of the screen
and no other information is imparted into these waveforms other
than Close captioning data.

With a digital signal, The waveform can be MODULATED (i.e. changed)
in many ways such as into a square-wave, sawtooth and other forms that
can be used to represent the digital ones and zeros that make up a digital data stream.

The big advantage of digital data, especially video and audio, is that
they can be compressed...The computer chips at the the broadcaster
end throw away more and more visual and audio data within the
frequencies that we usually cannot see and hear very well until
it becomes noticeable or objectionable and when that threashold
is reached the computer backs off a bit and the resulting compressed
video frame and audio sample can then be broadcast over the airwaves
at a data rate that is 1/7th to 1/15th it's original size. Along with some error
checking and other special data that is sent along with the compressed
audio/video stream, it means that the reduction in size allows a broadcaster
to fit between usually four to six channels of Standard Definition 525 lines
of video in the same space as the old analog 6 MHZ signal or TWO full
1080 line HDTV channels in the same space...This basically increases
revenue by 4 to 6 times...so what broadcaster WOULDN'T WANT to FORCE
US over to digital broadcasting?

There's MORE ADVERTISING SPACE TO SELL !!!!! IT'S THAT SIMPLE !!!!!

More channels mean more specialty channels means more targeted
marketing by advertisers! It's all about the almighty dollar !!!!!

So forget about the NWO, blame simple GREED......

It's only incidential that picture and audio quality is increased significantly!

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
You don't understand? or you were programmed not to understand?
I don't understand quantum physics, does that mean that it's not a
reality or something to be taken seriously, or understood for that matter.

Maybe I should more strongly state it. I think the idea of dumping 1940's technology is not a control conspiracy. I don't watch much TV save for a couple programs and really do not care one way or the other about "definition".

You are already a slave. Slave to money. ...

Haha. Well, perhaps I'm made of chrome.

I'm not saying I'm right or you are wrong. And you can't say the same either.

Maybe you are happy in your current situation. That is great. Maybe conditioning works. Not for me. I don't throw the word conspiracy around
and claim that the world is against me. I just believe that what the public is fed is not the truth.

I am blessed by my current situation. If you think I take whatever I am fed, you are mistaken. I was always a fussy eater. So called "alternative views" or "truths" can become as much of a box as the mainstream ones that they purport to dispell. People jump on both bandwagons with as much ardor and zeal.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Best thing to do would be just give up on the TV..nothing but complete garbage coming out of it now. With MST3K gone, there really is not reason to keep watching it.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

DTV and "traditional TV" is the difference between AM radio and FM radio. It allows for more information and a redundant signal. It opens up thousands of new broadcast channels... LOCAL broadcast channels... and provides the means for de-facto deregulation existing UHF and VHF frequencies.

This is a *good* thing. Enough Chicken Little for one day.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Bawk Bawk Bawk...
This site is about voicing opinions and refusing to
sit quietly. I'll decide when there has been enough
chicken little.

Release it from your hand.
Enough Co&*burn for one day.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
You know what is pretty freaky here.

If you look through the last 40 years of movies a lot of the scenarios have happened.

In the 80's and early nineties we had lots of terrorist films like Under Siege, Die Hard and many more. Terrorism surfaced around a decade later and we were all ready to be scared due to the bombardment from movies.

uk.youtube.com... (Die Hard)
uk.youtube.com... (Under Siege)
uk.youtube.com... (Invasion USA)

We have also had many films related to the NWO topic throughout the last 20 years. We now have reality imitating movies with subliminal messaging, people waking up and mind control.

uk.youtube.com... (They Live)
uk.youtube.com... (Equilibrium)
uk.youtube.com... (The Matrix)
I wanted to post the battery scene as it has a hidden meaning in that you are power and the matrix allows them to take your power just like our system.

Anyways without dragging this on I was surprised when I read your thread this morning and I thought of this scene from the movie batman forever released in 1995.

uk.youtube.com...

What I find fascinating here is the linkage to Tesla, he was ridiculed for his inventions and is not known to the general public just as Carrey's character is experiencing. I am in no way saying Tesla was a bad character but his technology in the wrong hands would be a disaster.
Imagine watching this scene without the green special effects, the mind helmet or Jim Carrey being a maniac and what do we have here????

Coincedience??

There are thousands of examples if you dig for yourself.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by XXXN3O]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Why switch from the NTSC system to ATSC?

Simple...

Because its better, and it brings all those favorite tv shows into the realm of high definition with surround sound and even interactive channels.

And change is inevitable. If you want to keep your old 4:3 antiquated screen analog tv going, simply buy a converter, the good ol FCC and government, the very one you are slamming down, offers two 40 buck coupons towards the purchase of a converter box.

HD is the way of the future, and is about to become the standard. Get used to it. Eventually, that old 4:3 screen analog tv is gonna go poof and then you will have no choice but to buy a digital tv.

Enjoy!!!

Oh and btw, all those blu-ray DVD's will look like they are supposed to on a widescreen digital tv than they do on that old analog 4:3 screen tv!!!!

Cheers!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I also read an article back in 2003 that I cannot find that stated that Digital airwaves were public airwaves not private.

In theory anyone could broadcast on them without breaking the law although I doubt governments would tolerate it.

It was the same with mobile phone airwaves when they first took off but after being privitised it is now illegal to block a cellphone signal in the United Kingdom and the United States except in government buildings and pharmaceutical laboratories. This is a whole massive dig on its own though with regards to gov spying on citizens using celldar etc.

answers.google.com...

I have not been able to find if Digital signals are compulsory or if it is legal to block them from your home. Maybe someone can find out?

Just a point to note.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by XXXN3O]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join