It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Near-death experiences are real and we have the proof, say scientists

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hypnoticka

True, and, at the time of my own, I was an unconcerned agnostic. I simply didnt really think about it one way or the other, though I was not atheist.

My NDE was not Christian flavored. It it did make me consider spirituality as a whole differently, and I have since taken an interest in ALL the traditions, but it did not convince me that Christianity as a whole was the "one true way" at all.

Nor did my dream death.

So you are correct, not only Christians have the experience, and nothing about the experience converted me to Christianity, though it has impacted my spiritual life significantly.

My subjective experience convinced me there was something Divine, transcendent, or however you choose to phrase it, and I can certainly see buried in all the traditions elements consistent with the experience, but I think as I said in an earlier post that after the fact, your mind when trying to make sense of the experience begins to assigns labels to what you experienced, and it searches your mental database for the closest "terms" if you will, and if someone has had a high exposure to one faith or another, they are going to assign the terms associated with that faith to it.

I didnt have many terms floating around in there, I had to go looking after the fact, which I think was extremely fortunate for me, because it allowed me to see that it isnt one religion that contains it, they all do to some degree, in there amongst all the cultural rubble.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I'd like to add one other interesting thing.

Nearly all the patients my er friends have talked with share a very similiar experience. They leave their body. They experience a pulling sensation down a tunnel towards a light. The light feels like pure love. And they see loved ones.

It didnt matter if the person was a christian, hindu, muslim, athiest, even a satanist, they all experienced the same thing.

The only people who reported something different and not so wonderful were those who attempted suicide. These people all report going to a place of dread and came away with the notion that taking your own life is really a bad thing.

I urge anyone interested in this to chat up with any er staff. Its a very common phenomena

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I was thinking is there a possibility of some where in between the two arguments.

I find it hard to believe that the mind and the brain are completely one because of this evidence.

However, maybe some how the brain is capable of activity that can not be sensed by any of our instruments.

But if you think about this, this would mean would could have buried people alive....

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

I am so grateful that I know the truth and know where I am destined and that I am Not judged by Primates, that rebel against Life and the imaginations of those, who have not experienced the withdrawal from this program.

For some, this experience is shear terror, and for others, the verification of Life everlasting.

I prefer the Truth in the Christ, or The Man Child, rather than being tossed to and fro by the superstition and fear of Primates, based on the system of double logic within their DNA.

There are two trees on earth....

Cain.... born of the wicked one. The wicked one being the one that committed adultery with Eve.

And Seth..... the third born of Eve that was the son of A'Dam. and Not the wicked one, but because of the genetic corruption brought about by the copulation of the wicked one and Eve we find traces of the wicked one in all flesh to some degree.

All have fallen short of the Glory of God....

From the Books of E'Noch the 7th of A'Dam that prophesied these sayings.

THE BOOK of E’NOCH I-XXXVI

And to convict
all flesh
of all the works
of their ungodliness
which they
have ungodly
committed,
And of all
the hard things
which ungodly sinners
have spoken
against Him.

My Saviour Saves.....

He does Not destroy what his Father Created.

Jesus said, "I judge No Man."

All are healed and Saved.

None are Lost out of Christ's hand.

No matter what any Primate says against My Saviour including saying that the Lord has Lost some unto Satin.

No Matter what a Primate says, in Roman Doctrine even that which is propagated through other denominations My Lord dose Not fail in any way.

This is Why Christ is Saviour....

If it would be possible the Doctrine of Rome would have All Men taken out of the Hand of Christ.

The bible which is a Roman collection of a few of the Hebrew and Greek writings.

There is No mention of any Churches of Primates at all.

I wonder Why?

In the Original writings It was referred to as The Assemblies of Lights and Not a Church.

In the Revelation of Jesus Christ The Romans changed the Words "The Assemblies of Lights" to the Word Church.

Jesus the carpenter said,

"Woe unto you Scribes and Pharisees and Hypocrites."

Why?

Jesus said,

"The Scribes and Pharisees have taken the Keys of knowledge and Hidden them, They themselves have NOT entered, nor have they allowed to enter those who wish to. You, however, be as wise as serpents and as innocent as doves."

I thank Christ, that I have been to the "Marriage Supper" and Eaten and Drank at his Table, in the presence of my Lord and Christ.

There is Not a single Primate that can Change this Fact or take this blessing from me on Earth.

My Lord is My witness, so if anyone disbelieves my testimony of Christ, then let him ask Christ first, before attempting to attack a witnesses from the "Marriage Supper".

Who of you dares to cast the Fist Stone?

[edit on 10-11-2008 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller
[

I have no stone to cast, but I will say that I was not a Christian, and my experience was very pleasant. "God" or whatever name you want to call the Divine was very nice to me.

So much so I was invited back a second time without even having to die again.

Nothing wrong with believing the way you do, but I know what I know too, and I know that your way isnt the only way to "heaven."

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus
I was thinking is there a possibility of some where in between the two arguments.

I find it hard to believe that the mind and the brain are completely one because of this evidence.

However, maybe some how the brain is capable of activity that can not be sensed by any of our instruments.

But if you think about this, this would mean would could have buried people alive....

There's a simple explanation that explains a lot of anomalies and doesn't require much stretching of the imagination.

What you are is the frequency of energy that your brain produces. When it ceases to generate, your energy is at first staying in a similar form and then it starts to disperse and mix with the rest of "your" energy throiughout the universe. If your body can feasibly regenerate that energy within a short time frame, your energy can be recaptured by that body.

That is why some people change personalities after NDE's because the frequency that the brain generates is sometimes altered by damage and a "new" consciousness is inhabiting the physical body.

Many of the memories are stored in the brain neural pathways and can sometimes be remembered by the new person and sometimes memories are gone even when the doctors can't see any physical reason for it.

Jaden

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller
[

I have no stone to cast, but I will say that I was not a Christian, and my experience was very pleasant. "God" or whatever name you want to call the Divine was very nice to me.

So much so I was invited back a second time without even having to die again.

Nothing wrong with believing the way you do, but I know what I know too, and I know that your way isnt the only way to "heaven."

Hi, Illusionsaregrander,

Yes I have been back many many times too.

Let me explain;

I write in many many different ways.

I write to some, in one way according to his or her beliefs, but I also write to others in another way.

My words were not intended for you, Sorry, but I was directing my thoughts to another.

But your thoughts are always welcome....

Peace be with you.

Again what I have said here is Not referring to you, but to another....

Jesus said,

"No man hath ascended into Heaven save him who came down from Heaven."

The Soul is in heaven so how can it ascend into Heaven if it is already there?

The Soul is Not The True Mind but The True Mind Dwells in The Soul.

The Soul does Not come Down, as All is in the form of a Holograph in the Soul.

The Primate is a Holograph.

Jesus said,

He who hath found the World, has only found a Corpse, and he who hath found a Corpse, is superior to the World."

[edit on 10-11-2008 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Kenneth Ring is a foremost researcher of NDE, he has written several excellent books. Great reading.
There's one thing I find interesting. It seems like every single person is so enthralled with the "light" and being free of the confines of a body that they don't want to come back. but some spirit convinces them that their mission is not yet complete, they need to come back and finish it. It never actually tells them what exactly this mission is. Many are depressed when they come back into body, having had glimpses of the other side. They are no longer afraid of "dying" for good.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

Ah. I understand. I do the same in terms of using terms that the person knows and prefers.

As I see it they all point back to the same thing, so I dont get hung up on the words or names at all either.

Peace to you too.

Edit to add, and yes I agree,

He who finds a corpse is superior to the world.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Well, maybe we all just go back to the starting point of the universe where the Big Bang or something other took place. Aren't we all made from star stuff anyway?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MacDonagh

I would say you are far closer to the truth than you may realize.

In a sense, you do.

Sorry, I know this is pretty darn close to a one liner.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by WEOPPOSEDECEPTION

This is Correct!!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh
Well, maybe we all just go back to the starting point of the universe where the Big Bang or something other took place. Aren't we all made from star stuff anyway?

It is written in ancient writings "Because you have found the beginning why look ye for the end for do you not know that where the End is, there the beginning is also...."

Oh No Not Ground Hog Day is it?

For some yes for others No.

We create our own hell by our attitudes toward Life.

If we embrace what has produced the All we continue with the All.

If we reject it we cut our selves off into the hell we have made for ourselves but this is where these pictures change our attitude.

It is Marvellous what a few Holographs will do to the self.

Hence All are healed in the End.

I Love the Power of The True Mind so Very Deeply and All my trust is in The True Mind and the All.

Peace and Love to all, especially them that reject me.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Which makes cremation a nice choice. In your scenario folks could be buried alive if we dont know exactly how long it takes for the brain to shut down if not detected by sensors.

With cremation the only thing left is ash so the brain would probably be shot for real after that eh?

Originally posted by Jezus

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Whatchu talking bout Willis? Explain further please.

It is written in ancient writings "Because you have found the beginning why look ye for the end for do you not know that where the End is, there the beginning is also...."

Oh No Not Ground Hog Day is it?

For some yes for others No.

We create our own hell by our attitudes toward Life.

If we embrace what has produced the All we continue with the All.

If we reject it we cut our selves off into the hell we have made for ourselves but this is where these pictures change our attitude.

It is Marvellous what a few Holographs will do to the self.

Hence All are healed in the End.

I Love the Power of The True Mind so Very Deeply and All my trust is in The True Mind and the All.

Peace and Love to all, especially them that reject me.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Hi princeofpeace,

I hope I can give you the answers you may be looking for.

Here goes anyway;

[ It is written in ancient writings "Because you have found the beginning why look ye for the end for do you not know that where the End is, there the beginning is also...."]

I can only tell you what I have experienced and try to put it in a way that might be able to be understood.

These words were not exact but still meant the same (I was in a hurry please forgive me) but here are the actual words, Quote:-

"Have you discovered,
then, the beginning,
that you look for the end?
For where the beginning is,
there will the end be
Blessed is he
who will take his place
in the beginning;
he will know the end
and will NOT experience death."

The True Mind can't Die, it is only the flesh that stops functioning.

The Mind is Not of the Brain...

Your Foot or hand or any other part of your body does Not know "The Mind" but The Mind knows all these components.

The Mind is the Observer and the body is that being observed by The Mind.

There is Only One....?

So what you call your Mind, is actually a droplet of The True Mind.

Second statement...

[Oh No Not Ground Hog Day is it?

For some yes for others No.]

This was a little of my very dry humour to get people to stop and think....

The Third Statement....

[We create our own hell by our attitudes toward Life.]

The war is actually in ourselves and we struggle to define our selves.

If we struggle against Life we struggle against our selves.

The fourth Statement...

[If we embrace what has produced the All we continue with the All.]

This is a personal experience and can't be done for others but only ourselves.

One baby can't learn to crawl and walk for another.

No I am Not implying you are a baby but I hope you understand what I am saying as all of us are in the same boat as to say.

The fifth Statement...

[If we reject it] Life or our Consciousness [we cut our selves off into the hell we have made for ourselves but this is where these pictures change our attitude.]

The whole experience that is of the world is actually a very complex language that is exchanged by Holographic pictures in your Soul, you call your universe and environment.

The Sixth Statement...

[It is Marvellous what a few Holographs will do to the self.]

As the whole existence is Holographic in nature but is so perfect it produces your reality it conditions your Inner Mind and prepares it to take possession of the soul. But The Soul is Not understood at all today.

The Soul has nothing at all to do with spirit or life.
The Soul is a Latticework of Light, the Mind Dwells in and this Lattice work of Light processes and Loads your experience into the Ogdoad that displays the Holograph for you.

This Experience (On Earth) is about the rebirth of the Lattice work of Light that is on the underside of The Soul in the Form of The Man Child or Inner lattice work.

If you want to know more then contact me through U2U and I will do my best to explain everything in more detail...

The Seventh Statement...

[Hence All are healed in the End.]

This world was Not created for the Primate called A'Dam but it was for the Metamorphosis of the Soul which is called Man and is a stage in the evolution of The Soul called Man, or the Living Creation Machine....

Man Know thy self.....

Do Not worship the Beast called A'Dam nor anything else except the Ancient of Days "The True Mind"....

The Eighth Statement...

[I Love the Power of The True Mind so Very Deeply and All my trust is in The True Mind and the All.]

I have No fear of this world and Trust Life, The Life Force, or Consciousness, or whatever name you wish to call it, in all things

The Ninth Statement...

[Peace and Love to all, especially them that reject me. ]

I Am That I Am....

I Am the Smallest of all and The Least significant of All, I Am The Nothing.....

But I Was Made to be Something by The Power of The Man Child, even The Christ that is in me that is above All, and is in every Soul.

We are One...

When We talk to others we Talk to our self, Inside to Outside, and Outside to Inside of The True Mind.

There is only One and One in all.

[edit on 11-11-2008 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
When we die our pituitary gland squirts out a big dose of '___' during our physical death. This causes what is called a NDE. It is a chemical experience which happens in a very short time. It is an experience that though brief has a powerful experience on our brains if we recover from the NDE. The imprint of this information is still present if the person is revived.

No real magic or spiritual event here just a chemical experience that effects the survivors of NDE in a profound way. Good for them I say at least it gives some mortals some solace to believe in. Their physical death is still assured but at least with stories like this they can have some peace.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by hypnoticka

you are a retard sir

Thank you for addressing me politely.

1st of all christianity is a mythology

Clearly different people reach different conclusions on studying the evidence. Billions have, and do disagree with you, seeing as the Christian faith is believed by more people than any other faith.

2nd of all people experienced other religious ndes these are : islam,hindu and Buddhism

I will gladly oblige with evidence that people of other faiths have met the Christ who was crucified and rose from the dead when I have a little more time.

God bless you.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join