It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discoveries at Bimini

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
First of all I would like to congratulate the op with another excellent thread, I am really thankful that you have given me the opportunity to read about Bimini thankyou.

Second, I am a believer that there is no such thing as coincedences, I was listening to a lecture yesterday that I found in another thread, this lecture was by a man called Nassim Haramein who explains in great detail the fundamental building blocks of life and the missing links we all crave. Whilst listening to his 4 hour lecture he mentioned in brief about structures in Bimini. Now I had never heard of Bimini before but the word 'Atlantis' came straight to top of my mind. After listening for an hour or so I decided to check in to try and find some information about it and what did I find on the front page this thread about BIMINI. Coincedence.....I don't think.

IMO - Due to meditation and research, I have come to the conclusion that Atlantis most definately existed and the people that lived on it, had amazing technology and abilities, many of which we are all trying to seek today. I believe that they were able to lift heavy objects with sound, I believe they were able to communicate via telepathy. I believe that they were a set of gods that we have come to know through myths and legends. I don't belive though that they were the original inhabitants of this Earth.

I have come to understand and it is my opinion that Atlantis was destroyed due to the fact that the people who lived on it became greedy and used their power to control and manipulated the masses. (Sounds familiar) it was destroyed by another group of 'gods' that could see the direction in which the Atlanteans were heading. I thoroughly believe we are heading the same way, however, this time I don't belive that 'they' want to wipe us all out instead they are trying to wake us all up to see what life is really about and to do somethign about it.

I am sure that we are all connected somehow and that we all seek the answers to the same questions Why are we here? Who controls this planet? Why aren't we allowed to know? Something just doesn't make sense? Why? Why? Why.

IMO There is something inside of each of us that is waking up and becoming stronger and stronger each day, the more answers we receive the more questions we have.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by bpg131313
Here's my though on the matter. If these things had been en-route to America and had gone down in a storm or something, there would have been a recovery operation.

Not likely. Besides that, these pieces could very easily be parts of ruined buildings that were commonly used as ballast theroughout the early part of the history of exploration and colonization of the Americas.

So, not exactly earth shattering. And very well known to actual scientists, though apparently not so much to armchair Atlantis fiends whose hobbies include besmirching, at every opportunity, the very science of which they are fabulously ignorant.

EDIT: Such as the unfortunate soul that posted immediately after me (below!)

Harte

[edit on 11/10/2008 by Harte]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The pics are "AWESOME"!
someone needs to show this to discovery immedietely if not sooner.
there should be a 4 part mini series made on this. probably the find of the century.

to the guy above. You sure know how to be a party pooper.

And in any case. there is only one way to find out. we dig. if there is something there it will be found. If there isn't anything there. No harm done.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by grey580]

[edit on 10-11-2008 by grey580]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Excellent find! Thanks!

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
And in any case. there is only one way to find out. we dig. if there is something there it will be found. If there isn't anything there. No harm done.
That is one of the reasons I doubt this discovery, this was from July (I think) 2007, and nothing is reported after it, and it could mean that the discovery was not considered sufficiently important to get back to the site and do some more research.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by grey580
That is one of the reasons I doubt this discovery, this was from July (I think) 2007, and nothing is reported after it, and it could mean that the discovery was not considered sufficiently important to get back to the site and do some more research.

Actually, the so-called "discoveries" at Bimini date to the late 1960's, though scientific investigation didn't begin until the 1970's

One would wonder why no sign of any ancient civilization has ever been found on Bimini, given the presence of a so-called "wharf" or whatever this perfectly natural beachrock formation is today claimed to be.

And, yes, they have looked.

Harte

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
How large did you say this site was/is? I think someone is trying to get over a bit here. Look at the fish to the left side of the "underwater object. It shows a comparative size of the object as being approximately four feet in length...Try being a bit more realistic next time...

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
about some other discaveries you can read on this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

feel invited. I find it quite interestig and brought it here cause I have not seen the cheops project on ATS until now.

and sorry to driving away from the topic but I think it is all connected someway.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf
reply to post by warrenb

I've been a long time skeptic of the bimini road so I'll proudly be the first to say......

ZOMG

That is just amazing on so many levels. I can't believe it. I eagerly await the dates placed on those blocks. CAPITAL find!

[edit on 11/8/2008 by Good Wolf]

Skeptical of the Bimini road? The mere "J" shape of the thing defied any natural explanation, including natural beachrock that they tried to pass off. Not to mention that Edgar Cayce predicted the month and year that a part of Atlantis would be discovered - what was discovered was the Bimini Road.

This is an AMAZING STORY!

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
i think this would make a great episode for

Mythbusters!

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by damagemouse
i think this would make a great episode for

Mythbusters!

I don't know that they'd analyze it, but you're right... it would!

I noticed the same thing that Anonymous did... the fish show that the object is no more than 3-4 feet long. It also doesn't have a lot of corals or anything else on it, showing it was deposited recently. Something that was 10,000 years old and older in the ocean would either be covered by the sand or covered by corals/mussels.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I was going to bring that up, though they mention in the article they cleaned it up a bit.
That said, there would be marks on the rocks from the junk itself. Even under the sand there'd be a good amount of wear action it seems.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka
Does the pictures in the OP actually has to do with the text? Because I'd think its darker at 100 feet than that, seeing the sunshine strongly on the seabed. Its hard to see the scale of the thing, but it reminds me of a 16-17th century fortification. All its missing is cannons

(I think its quite a bit smaller though)

[edit on 9-11-2008 by merka]

You may have a good point I first heard of this a few months ago I was hoping there would be a closer look for some confirmation. Yonaguni took years before there was a lot of atention paid to it.

I wouldn't read too much into it yet but it is worth watching to see what happens.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
In the 1920's they took all the good granite and marble to the mainland.

They were there for months and made a small fortune.
Used the material to build banks.

There was a documentary and recently an elderly man went on the record to say that when he was a small boy he remembered the event.
He was told it was a natural formation so it belonged to no-one.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bpg131313

Originally posted by ArMaP
A thing I find a bit strange is this fragment from the text:

Under the bottom layer of marble, Wingate found the wooden ribs of an old ship. According to Wingate’s group, not far from this site there are massive areas covered with granite slabs, supposedly from two other shipwrecks.
Is it just my interpretation or does it mean that the marble slabs were transported on some ship? If that was the meaning then what we need to know is the age of that old ship, as far as I know it could have been some 19th century ship moving some marble pieces to an American museum, for example, so why didn't they got a piece of the wood to clear this situation?

Here's my though on the matter. If these things had been en-route to America and had gone down in a storm or something, there would have been a recovery operation. The water isn't all that deep at this site and recovery wouldn't have been too difficult. There are recovery operations that happen all the time these days. This fact alone suggests that these items were on the bottom of the ocean to begin with. There were pictures of shipwrecks included (the piles of granite stones used as ballast most likely), but those are different from those structural elements pictured. I wish were able to put a huge ring out and seal it off, pump out all the water and send the archeologists in with everything they have. What I want to find most are tablets. Something that's been engraved with writing.

Here's a question for everyone out there though. We use the reported death of Jesus as the starting point for our years. Well, if these people existed thousands of years before that, what system would they likely have used? Things like this fascinate me.

If reputable scholars looked at it they would know the difference between lost ships and submerged artifacts I would think.

some of this is suposed to be foundations. If that is true it isn't from a lost ship.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by zacherystaylor
some of this is suposed to be foundations. If that is true it isn't from a lost ship.

You're getting your info from Dr. Greg Little, his wife, and an archaeology student with an MA that has never concentrated on anything but Atlantis in the Carribbean (Donato, I believe, and even his master's thesis was on that subject.)

Given that Dr. Little's degree is a PhD in Therapy from the University of Memphis (TN,) exactly which of the three investigators do you believe when they speculate that some of these are "foundations?"

You realize, of course, that these three desperately want this crap to be true. If they can argue for foundations, it seems more plausible doesn't it?

So, which of the three has experience with foundations?

Harte

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

edgar cayce predicted that evidence of atlantis would be found in the area of Bimini in 1968 as it did .. first pictured of the stone road that was immediately written off as a "geological formation"

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CepheidVariable

I remember that story as it was post on another competitioners comspiracy site.. the explored claimed that a pryamdial structure was photographed or digitalized and showed an "in place" capstone.
1 week later .. not traces of the post were avialable ..

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
dble post

[edit on 11-11-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The bimini road map looks and reminds me alot of the break wall we built on manitoulin island canada.

Notice the j shape

Here is the break wall

In this next picture is where we got the rocks from. The are sedimentary rock. This are was covered by a shallow sea for millions of years then became the river bed of the ice age melt off.

Notice how massive some of the stones are? those are naturally broken in such away that it almost looks like an ancient megalithic wall.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join