It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do I Have Prostate Problems Or Cancer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Ok, so here's the deal. This past year I've had this problem where I urinate a heck of a lot more often then usual, almost right after I drink something (like water). That doesn't worry me as much as when I do urinate, it's sorta hard for me to do, I have to stand there for a while (a lot longer than normal), plus as a bonus, my urethra hurts, so does my pelvic region (honestly, I'm trying to keep this as family friendly as possible).

I had a kidney stone last year (at least that's what the doctor said), the doctor gave me "Flowmax" because he wanted me to pass, but I quit taking it cause it said that it could cause seizures, I found a natural way to get rid of it by taking vitamin c and drinking cranberry juice and taking cranberry pills, it dissolves the kidney stone.

I'm only 23, I know it's not an STD since I'm still a virgin and I usually don't hang around people with STD's, I don't know what's going on and it sorta scares me, my biggest fear is that it's cancer.

So what the heck is going on? Any one know

-Lahara

[edit on 7-11-2008 by TheRandom1]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Dont know, did you try out this place? symptoms.webmd.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by psychedeliack

According to the link you posted, I need to see a doctor immediately, because I probably have prostate cancer.

(Symptoms I have are in bold)

* Difficulty initiating and/or stopping a urine stream

* Frequent urination

* Pain on urination

* Pain on ejaculation

You should undergo regular screening for prostate cancer.

* Men aged 50 years and older should undergo a yearly digital rectal examination and blood testing for prostatic specific antigen (PSA).

* Men in the high-risk group, such as those with a family history of prostate cancer or of African American ethnicity, should begin screening as early as age 40 years.

Go to the nearest hospital emergency department right away if you have any of the following symptoms:

* Urinary tract infection - Burning pain on urination, urgency, frequent urination, especially with fever

* Bladder obstruction - Not urinating or urinating very little despite drinking enough fluid; producing little urine despite straining; pain due to a full bladder

* Acute kidney failure - Not urinating or urinating little, with little discomfort, despite drinking enough fluid

* Deep bone pain, especially in the back, hips, or thighs, or bone fracture
- Possible sign of advanced prostate cancer that has spread to the bones

And this is what it says about the cancer reaching the spinal cord.

Spinal cord compression is a true emergency and may be the first sign of cancer. It occurs when the cancer has spread to vertebrae of the spine and tailbone region. The weakened vertebrae can collapse on the spinal cord, causing symptoms and problems with function.

* Symptoms depend on the level at which the spine is compressed.

* Typical symptoms that might signal acute spinal cord compression include weakness in the legs and difficulty walking, increased difficulty urinating or moving your bowels, difficulty controlling your bladder or bowels, and decreased sensation, numbness, or tingling in the groin or legs.

* These are often preceded by pain in the hip (usually one sided) or back lasting a few days or weeks.

* Such symptoms require immediate evaluation in the nearest hospital emergency department. Failure to be treated immediately can result in permanent spinal cord damage.

This is really scary
plus I'm listening to "Sufjan Stevens: Redford" which is making me feel sad too, sorta like his song "Casimir Pulaski Day", about a girl with cancer he loved

A lot of people in my family have died of cancer
:shk:

Now is a sad time for me, thanks for the link, I guess, at least I know what might be killing me

-Lahara

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Naw, not going to happen at 23 man, maybe you have some sort of bladder issue going on.

Sounds like you answered your own question, I would've said kidney stones. Sometimes they're too small to visually see.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

I know what a kidney stone feels like, this isn't it (btw, a kidney stone in my kidney is the most horrible pain I've ever felt), I thought I was having arthritis in my lower regions when I started feeling some of this pain in my lower back and legs (because I also have arthritis), but I'm starting to think it may be something else, I've been feeling more and more like an old man, I've never had this problem with urinating and such before, even when I had a kidney stone, do you think Flomax may have had something to do with it?

-Lahara

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
So I may die and not even know my future wife, well I guess if life gives you lemons, make lemonade (but how with impending possible death?)?

This is sad, I hope it's just something normal, but geez, I really have all the symptoms of cancer, I notice it's not at all a kidney stone problem, so what else could it be?

-Lahara

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRandom1
So I may die and not even know my future wife, well I guess if life gives you lemons, make lemonade (but how with impending possible death?)?

This is sad, I hope it's just something normal, but geez, I really have all the symptoms of cancer, I notice it's not at all a kidney stone problem, so what else could it be?

-Lahara

Cancer symptoms are quite vague, it can manifest in so many ways that they pretty much slap it all in there.

Can you clarify a bit, you said your lower back and pelvic area hurts? What kind of pain? When does it occur, what triggers it and can you worsen the pain through putting pressure on a specific area?

There's just so many things that could be, you won't know until you pee in a cup. My next guess is urinary tract infection, it matches all your symptoms.. back pain in the general area of your kidneys suggests it's migrating towards them. I had a kidney infection once when I was younger, thats how I remember it- problems/pain urinating, pain in pelvis, lower back, etc etc. Antibiotics fixed it np

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRandom1

-Lahara

You have the symptoms of a enlarged prostate but it does not mean that you have cancer.
You seem to have a slight infection that is causing the pain.
The only way to find out what is wrong is to visit your doctor and stop thinking the worst.

Prostate cancer usually hits the over fifty's and not someone as young as yourself.
I know a little on the subject as i have prostate cancer. there are a few tests that need to be done before you can even go down the route of a cancer problem.

Cheer up, chances are you are fine.

jon1

[edit on 8-11-2008 by jon1]

top topics

join