It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusal object close to mars rover

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
areo.info... M1_L4L5L5L5L6.jpg.html Don't know if this has been posted before. Was going through some rover files and noticed this item in center of the picture. Could be off of the rover, but it'd hard to tell. I'm having problems with the link.

areo.info...

[edit on 6-11-2008 by dcmb1490]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
So then it's true! Missing thermos caps really DO go to Mars! I bet Mars has all my ballpoint pens and lone socks as well.

Seriously, wonder what it could be?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Maybe its a Martian landmine.

Left over from the ancient war that devistated that planet.

Perhaps the Annunaki would know?

Cheers!!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Pretty sure it's a core sample tube. The Top has two handle like grooves underneath the rim...just my guess.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Spirit spent much of the past week studying a layered rock exposure known as "Montalva." During the study, the rover used the brush on the rock abrasion tool, the microscopic imager, the alpha-particle X-ray spectrometer that collects information about elemental composition, and the Moessbauer spectrometer that identifies iron-bearing minerals.

Sol 1070 (Jan. 6, 2006): Spirit unstowed the robotic arm and brushed the surface of Montalva, acquired a microscopic image of the rock, and placed the alpha-particle X-ray spectrometer on it for elemental analysis. Before shutting down for the evening, Spirit measured atmospheric dust using the panoramic camera.

Sol 1073: Spirit swung the robotic arm out of view to collect full-color, 13-filter images of Montalva with the panoramic camera and acquired 4 hours of worth of data using the Moessbauer spectrometer.

Source

[edit on 6-11-2008 by Phage]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
So it's a rock formation that was brushed off? Or was it a piece of the rover left on the ground to collect the sample or whatever??

I understand what's in the article but it does say what we're lookin at.

Help a Tard out Phage will yah?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by justgeneric

A circular rotating brush. I believe it's a wire brush. Cleaned up the rock for microscopic examination and sampling.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by justgeneric
Pretty sure it's a core sample tube. The Top has two handle like grooves underneath the rim...just my guess.

yes it's the Holy Radioactive Glowing Core Sample Tube of Cydonia.

thought to exist only in rumor and legend.

-

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

-

O Cmon now what is this pick on JG day...a core sample tube is a good guess I thought...has a shiny top...doesn't the rover have core sample tubes on it??

Thanks Phage for the explanation...just seemed so dang shiny I figured it was part of the rover's equipment.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by justgeneric

Here 'tis
en.wikipedia.org...

www.honeybeerobotics.com...

[edit on 6-11-2008 by Phage]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

-

O Cmon now what is this pick on JG day...a core sample tube is a good guess I thought...has a shiny top...doesn't the rover have core sample tubes on it??

Thanks Phage for the explanation...just seemed so dang shiny I figured it was part of the rover's equipment.

no just kidding i didn't know what it was either.

so i guess it's Spirit's territorial droppings.

-

new topics

top topics

join