It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God spoke to me....AGAIN!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Hello everyone. I haven't posted in here in a while. I hope everyone is well. I have a story I have to tell. As some of you may know, God spoke to me back in April. He has done it again.

Yesterday, I spoke to God. Some call it praying. Anyway, I have been sharing a lot with God lately and I always ask Him to do His will. I don't tell God what to do. Who am I to tell God what to do?

So, as I sometimes do, I asked God to show me a sign that He is listening. This was in the morning at my desk at work. So, most days I take a walk mid-afternoon and usually a friend of mine joins me. So we're walking yesterday afternoon and I almost walk on a Praying Mantis. The thing was huge. This is only maybe the third one I have ever seen and this one was huge compared to the other two and this one was brown, not green. Well anyway, it was walking across the parking lot and I didn't want it to get run over, so I picked it up which it didn't seem to mind and brought it to the wooded area off the parking lot and put it on a tree. My friend and I continued our walk.

I didn't know at the time what a Praying Mantis symolized so I checked it out when I went back to my desk and this is what I found:

The praying mantis is the oldest symbol of God: the African Bushman’s manifestation of God come to Earth, “the voice of the infinite in the small,”* a divine messenger. When one is seen, diviners try to determine the current message. In this culture they are also associated with restoring life into the dead. “Mantis” is the Greek word for “prophet” or “seer,” a being with spiritual or mystical powers.

Meet the eye of a mantis and feel the presence of God.

source: www.souledout.org...

Is this way cool or what? I did look that creature right in the eye when I picked it up. I said, "What are you doing walking across the parking lot?" while I looked in its eyes.

Beautiful creature the Praying Mantis and my sign from God. It's too bad that society works real hard to de-sensitize people to the pressence of God. Religion does the same thing. Too much dogma and nonsense. Give me a visit from a Praying Mantis and that's all I need.

Hi God!!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
what did god say to you?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

It's too bad that society works real hard to de-sensitize people to the pressence of God. Religion does the same thing. Too much dogma and nonsense. Give me a visit from a Praying Mantis and that's all I need.

Hi God!!

Romans 1:21-23 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by PreTribGuy

AH ha ha ha!! PreTribGuy you are funny. I didn't say the Praying Mantis was God. I said it was a sign from God. Big difference friend, but nice try. Your response is exactly what I mean about people being de-sensitized to the presence of God. Well done!! Keep getting lost in your dogma and I'll keep being sensitive to the presence of God in my life!

And to the anonymous poster....I asked God for a sign that He was listening. That He was present in my life. Coming across the Praying Mantis was His way of saying that He was listening.

God loves us all!!

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Just think, if you see enough praying mantis you will no longer wonder if God is listening.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Ex boy, no doubt I hear that.

Yo, I seen many things as well. Like before I had work, I had anxiety and couldn't work and asked the blessed mother to help me find work.

So I got a job a couple months later, I was able to handle it and all three of my coworkers names were.

Mary, Mary, and Grace.

Mary did that for me and I had huge anxiety back then and could barely work. that was my first job.

He does this all the time.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

Just think, if you see enough praying mantis you will no longer wonder if God is listening.

Sorry Ben, I don't understand what you are trying to say. Could you ellaborate? Thank you!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

Did the world just spin off its axis? JIT, you and I agree on something?

Awesome!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Wonderful experience!

Looking at them closely is quite the experience. It almost feels like you are looking on an intelligent being.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

[edit on 11/7/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Thank you and I agree on the intelligence thing. They even look like what some people believe aliens to look like. Their heads I mean. Magnificent creature for sure!

One thing that is cool. One of the things I presented to God the other day was that my friend at work was having trouble and was heading down a path that might lead him to lose his job. I know the guy and he has a family and all and he is a good guy....just having a tough time at work. I told God I would like for my friend to get back on track and keep his job.

Today, my firend had his mojo back. He had a plan and on his one on one he had his confidence back and seems to be heading in the right direction. The other day I presented the situation to God and asked Him to do His will with it which is what I always do when I talk to God.

Hopefully my friend stays on track. These are tough times to be looking for a job!

Thank you for the Praying Mantis God.
Thank you for listening!

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Thats so cool, I love when things happen like that. Sometimes I think god embeds signs all around us all the time and that maybe we just dont pay close enough attention all the time to notice. God is so awesome. Thanks for sharing xcitable_Boy

top topics

join